One-stop-shop for the development of system control boards for IVD applications using modular electronics ✓ System integration & interoperability testing: Libraries for medical data communication-POCT1-A, POCT1-A2 ✓ Digital Pathology and Medical Image Processing for Microscopy and Endoscopy ... more
Rapid Detection Systems for Medical Demands, Animal Health, Food, Cosmetics and Environment
We communicate at eye level for customer oriented development
We cover the process from idea generation over feasibility studies to prototyping
Tailor-made detection systems for a wide range of analytes - biomarkers, germs, toxins and more
Together with our customers we develop analytical and biotechnological innovations
At Fraunhofer IZI-BB we develop analytical and biotechnological solutions for medical issues, animal health, food, cosmetics and the environment.
Our research focuses on sample preparation, development of molecular recognition elements and data acquisition as well as miniaturization and automation of corresponding technologies in order to provide reliable, flexible and easy-to-use process flows for our customers. From lateral flow tests to immunoassays, we offer assay development and adaption throughout the entire process according to your requirements.
We look forward to your requests - via chat or e-mail!
Find out More in the Video
Digitalization and artificial intelligence are changing diagnostics in clinical routine and pharmaceutical research. New IVD devices are coming out, laboratory data is connected to the hospital IT system and AI-based image analysis enables new and efficient processes in digital pathology an ... more
At Fraunhofer IZI-BB we develop analytical and biotechnological solutions for medical issues, animal health, food, cosmetics and the environment. Our research focuses on sample preparation, development of molecular recognition elements and data acquisition as well as miniaturization and aut ... more
Microscopy is at the forefront of the fight against the coronavirus. Special microscopes, which enable scientists to view minute cell structures, are an indispensable tool in the development of vaccines and new therapies. Such equipment comprises not only a microscope with high optical reso ... more
The air we exhale contains information that can assist with the diagnosis of disease. Researchers at the Fraunhofer Project Hub for Microelectronic and Optical Systems for Biomedicine MEOS are now developing solutions designed to enable the analysis of breath gas for this purpose. Although ... more
The need for everyday objects with antiviral surfaces is high due to the COVID 19 pandemic. It is known that the material composition of an object has an influence on the viability of viruses on surfaces. This is where the work of the Fraunhofer IFAM comes in: In cross-disciplinary research ... more
- 1Efficient & Inexpensive Microscope for Checking Cell Cultures
- 2Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 3Flexible and Modular: The Complete FPLC Solution for All Types of Protein Purification
- 4The Versatile Particle and Dispersion Analyser: At-Line, in the Process and in the Laboratory
- 5SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 6Switch from Ergonomically Exhausting Manual Work to the Fully Automatic Processing of Your Tubes
- 7Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 8Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 9Fast GC! Super-charging GC´s World-wide!
- 10BRAVO – The new handheld Raman spectrometer from Bruker