Using the membrane filter method, a sample is filtered through a TRAKETCH® membrane. All microorganisms in a 100 ml sample solution are concentrated and retained completely (100%) on the membrane surface. Detection is performed directly on the membrane by adding a fluorescent dye which can ... more
Microporous filter membranes for rapid microbiological tests (Rapid Microbiology)
Quantitative filtration through surface filter
Low autofluorescent deep black membrane
Smooth membrane surface for easy transfer of cells
TRAKETCH® filter membranes with precisely defined capillary pores from 0.05 to 20 µm
Using the membrane filter method, a sample is filtered through a TRAKETCH® membrane. All microorganisms in a 100 ml sample solution are concentrated and retained completely (100%) on the membrane surface.
Detection is performed directly on the membrane by adding a fluorescent dye which can only penetrate through intact cell walls (living organisms). To ensure adequate measurement of the emitted fluorescence after stimulation by a laser, the membrane should have a low fluorescence. Otherwise we would see "a white image on a white background", i.e. we would only see a fluorescence of the entire surface.
To avoid this, SABEU stains this membrane in deep black to quench the fluorescence in defined ranges of wavelengths. This entire microbiological detection method is called solid phase cytometry, in which the membrane represents the solid phase. This method is not only rapid, but also in real time, i.e. within just 1–2 hours. In comparison, the growth of microcolonies takes 1–2 days, whereas growing visible colonies takes 1–2 weeks, depending on the microorganism.
solid phase cytometry
rapid detection systems
Find out More in the Video
With our cellQART® Cell Culture Inserts we are dedicated to resolve the dilemma of customer needs for innovative cell culture products meeting highest standards at affordable prices. This product portfolio will come with PET membranes in translucent or clear optics and 6-, 12- or 24-Well fo ... more
- 1From seaman to captain in HPLC and GC analytics – see how easy it is to master Empower
- 2Built for the Lab - Built for IT - Why compromise?
- 3Elemental Analyzer (CHNS/O) for every application
- 4The Versatile Particle and Dispersion Analyser: At-Line, in the Process and in the Laboratory
- 52-Way and 3-Way Miniature Solenoid Valves
- 6Specialists in the rental and leasing of scientific equipment for laboratories throughout Europe
- 7Everything under Control - with This Intelligent Microwave Digestion System
- 8Be a Pioneer – the Freedom to Explore Ion Chromatography
- 9Ultrafast Fat Analyzer for All Foods
- 10Pure Chromatography Systems