Redefine Clone Screening and Selection: Automate to Screen More Clones in Less Time
Cut Cell Line and Antibody Development Times by Objectively Selecting High-Value Clones
The technology in ClonePix Systems removes the need for serial dilution or cell-sorting techniques. It allows monoclonal populations of high-secreting cells to be established in a much shorter time frame, removing many of the bottlenecks associated with producer cell-line optimization and downstream scale-up for protein production. The low labor requirement means that more cell populations can be interrogated in parallel, increasing cell-line throughput. It is estimated that one ClonePix System used by two scientists is sufficient to take more than 100 cell populations from transfection to the shake-flask stage per year.
Typical methods of hybridoma development, such as ELISA and limiting dilution, have inefficient selection processes. The automation of the ClonePix can improve productivity and cost-effectiveness by increasing the probability of finding rare secretors, and reducing the time for antibody generation by up to 50%.
Clone Productivity Screening
Traditional screening methods are laborious and time consuming due to the multi-step process. The ClonePix combines whole colony picking and productivity screening in one step, resulting in shorter run times and an increased number of candidates selected.
Cell surface expression screening
Discovery and selection of high-value cell surface clones can be challenging. The ClonePix automates the screening of large populations of cells which increases the probability of finding rare high-affinity binders or high producers.
cell line development
Find out More in the Video
Molecular Devices, LLC announced that its European Patent No. 1802752 titled “Parallel Patch Clamp System” was upheld by the European Patent Office in its original form, following a recent Opposition Proceeding. Molecular Devices’ patent went through Opposition Proceedings before the Opp ... more
- 1CDR FoodLab ® - Analyses systems for quality control on food and beverage
- 2Handheld Cell Counter & Spectrometer
- 3Making Chemical Analysis Easy by Improving Laboratory Operations and Productivity
- 4Do you still count, or are you already measuring?
- 510 air pollutants and greenhouse gases – one high-precision analyzer
- 6Measuring size & concentration of nanoparticles
- 7An entire chromatographic system in a small footprint
- 8The Quick and Precise Density Meter for Busy Laboratories and Factories
- 9ICP-MS Analysis of Elements
- 10Fast and reliable detection of SARS-CoV-2 in swabs of environmental surfaces