Scale up Microbial Colony Picking with Automation Solutions Tailored to Unique Workflows
Select the Best Colonies Faster and More Reliably
Conventional picking and screening methods are often laborious when multiple selections are required. The QPix 400 Series of Microbial Colony Pickers allow you to simultaneously detect colonies and quantify fluorescent markers when pre-screening colonies before picking. This automated microbial screen system can pick up to 3000 clones per hour with a typical efficiency of >98%, significantly increasing speed, throughput and walk-away time. Additionally, clones can be screened in white light or fluorescence, and the system can select clones based on user-defined parameters such as compactness, axis ratio, size, proximity, and fluorescence level. This innovative high-throughput technology platform significantly speeds up biologics screening by automating repetitive tasks, reducing errors, and improving flexibility.
The QPix automates the laborious task of phage library screening and picking. Millions of antibodies can be screened rapidly against a library of peptides or proteins in a high throughput fashion. Automating colony picking can greatly increase the throughput of the workflow.
Currently most gene assembling techniques can only synthesize strands of DNA up to hundreds of base pairs. The QPix can rapidly select and screen bacteria that have integrated the strands of interest. Improving the rate of selection greatly speeds up gene assembly.
The cyclical processes in synthetic biology often require automation of microbial screening using a colony picker. The QPix is a tried and tested device for rapidly increasing the throughput of these workflows.
This usually involves large sets of colonies that require DNA extraction, sequencing, analysis and data sharing. These projects can benefit greatly from the flexibility and automation of the QPix System.
cell line development
Molecular Devices, LLC announced that its European Patent No. 1802752 titled “Parallel Patch Clamp System” was upheld by the European Patent Office in its original form, following a recent Opposition Proceeding. Molecular Devices’ patent went through Opposition Proceedings before the Opp ... more
- 1Efficient & Inexpensive Microscope for Checking Cell Cultures
- 2Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 3Flexible and Modular: The Complete FPLC Solution for All Types of Protein Purification
- 4The Versatile Particle and Dispersion Analyser: At-Line, in the Process and in the Laboratory
- 5SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 6Switch from Ergonomically Exhausting Manual Work to the Fully Automatic Processing of Your Tubes
- 7Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 8Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 9Fast GC! Super-charging GC´s World-wide!
- 10BRAVO – The new handheld Raman spectrometer from Bruker