Far beyond the classical BOD (Biochemical Oxygen Demand), the system allows to perform a multitude of respiration tests.
The new OxiTop®-IDS measuring heads can be used to perform a multitude of respirometric degradation tests, from simple BOD (Biochemical Oxygen Demand) measurements for self-check purposes to degradation tests according to OECD, soil respiration tests and measurements of anaerobic processes, e.g. in biogas production, with a duration of up to 180 days.
The measuring heads are operated by WTW Multi 3620 IDS and Multi 3630 IDS portable instruments via a Bluetooth®-LE connection. The data output is via the instruments’ USB interface. However, basic BOD measurements can now be conducted without the external control unit too.
The OxiTop®-IDS is the successor of the OxiTop®-C, offering a more modern user interface and improved performance. The bright orange colour of the heads signals the radio communication capability within the IDS system.
A variant with a corrosion-proof sensor and enhanced measuring range for biogas applications is also available (OxiTop®-IDS/B with orange/cosmos grey housing).
The heads are available in proven, ready-to-use sets including sample bottles, stirring platforms and accessories. Existing accessories, bottles, vessels and adapters are fully compatible with the new heads.
biochemical oxygen demand
The IDS System comprises IDS probes, a wireless module and an inoLab meter or the new IDS Gate. IDS sensors are well established as reliable, precise and data safe measuring devices. Working with probes tethered to meters at the bench can present significant work flow inefficiencies and can ... more
Feasible measured value ✓ From calibration curve to photometric method data ✓ Chlorine – disinfectant in the water industry ✓ PhotometricColorimetry ✓ more
The handy A5 brochure offers a theoretical introduction into conductivity measurement and a multitude of practical tips. more
The handy A5 brochure offers a theoretical introduction into dissolved oxygen measurement and a multitude of practical tips more
- 1From seaman to captain in HPLC and GC analytics – see how easy it is to master Empower
- 2Built for the Lab - Built for IT - Why compromise?
- 3Elemental Analyzer (CHNS/O) for every application
- 4The Versatile Particle and Dispersion Analyser: At-Line, in the Process and in the Laboratory
- 52-Way and 3-Way Miniature Solenoid Valves
- 6Specialists in the rental and leasing of scientific equipment for laboratories throughout Europe
- 7Everything under Control - with This Intelligent Microwave Digestion System
- 8Be a Pioneer – the Freedom to Explore Ion Chromatography
- 9Ultrafast Fat Analyzer for All Foods
- 10Pure Chromatography Systems