Polyethylene and Polypropylene are so-called Polyolefins. They are produced in large amounts every year. Depending on the process and catalyst used linear or branched polymers can be produced. In case of e. g. Polyethylene there are at least three po more
Polyolefins: Determination of Molecular Weight and Branching Structure by GPC/SECG. Heinzmann, B. Tartsch,
Viscotek, a Malvern Company
Polyethylene and Polypropylene are so-called Polyolefins. They are produced in large amounts every year. Depending on the process and catalyst used linear or branched polymers can be produced. In case of e. g. Polyethylene there are at least three polymer types: HDPE (High Density Polytheylene), LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) and LLDPE (Linear Low Density Polytehylene). HDPE and LLDPE are made of linear or only slightly branched macromolecules with a high level of crystallinity. They form a dense structure in the final product. LDPE is made of highly branched molecules that form a final structure with low density due to a low degree of crystallinity. To analyse the different Polyethylene structures a High Temperature GPC/SEC-System is used with Triple Detection (Low Angle Light Scattering, Viscosity Detection and Refractive Index Detection). With such a system the molecular weight distribution and branching structure of polyolefins can be determined. Therefore it can easily be analysed what kind of structure a polyolefin sample has.
Read the complete article in German here .
Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) is an established technique in the field of protein crystallography. DLS is used to measure hydrodynamic sizes, polydispersities and aggregation effects of protein samples. These are important parameters for the crystallisation of proteins. DLS is also used in ... more
Malvern Instruments Ltd has announced that it has completed the acquisition of MicroCal from GE Healthcare Life Sciences and has also purchased the Archimedes particle characterization system from Affinity Biosensors LLC (Santa Barbara, CA). Both of these developments extend Malvern’s portf ... more
Malvern Instruments Ltd. announced that it has entered into an agreement with GE Healthcare Life Sciences to acquire the company’s MicroCal™ microcalorimetry business. Financial terms were not disclosed. The acquisition, which is subject to regulatory approvals, is expected to complete i ... more
NanoSight Ltd have been acquired by Malvern Instruments Ltd (Malvern, UK). The acquisition was completed on 30th September 2013. NanoSight has developed and commercialized a unique and patented technology, Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA). The company’s instrumentation and software enab ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Fugene® HD Transfection Reagent: Superior Performance for Challenging Expression Studies
- 3UV/Vis/NIR Spectrometry for the Film Thickness Determination of Transparent Films and Layers
- 4Real-Time PCR Quality Control for Gene Expression
- 5Optimization of Transfection Conditions for the Human HL-60 Promyelocytic Leukemic T-Cell Line Using FuGENE® HD Transfection Reagent
- 6Looxster® - Enrichment and isolation of bacterial DNA using Pureprove® Technology
- 7Do you see the complete picture?
- 8Automated Dynamic Light Scattering
- 9Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 10Measurement of Nano particles and Proteins