Polyethylene and Polypropylene are so-called Polyolefins. They are produced in large amounts every year. Depending on the process and catalyst used linear or branched polymers can be produced. In case of e. g. Polyethylene there are at least three po more
Polyolefins: Determination of Molecular Weight and Branching Structure by GPC/SECG. Heinzmann, B. Tartsch,
Viscotek, a Malvern Company
Malvern Instruments GmbH
Polyethylene and Polypropylene are so-called Polyolefins. They are produced in large amounts every year. Depending on the process and catalyst used linear or branched polymers can be produced. In case of e. g. Polyethylene there are at least three polymer types: HDPE (High Density Polytheylene), LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) and LLDPE (Linear Low Density Polytehylene). HDPE and LLDPE are made of linear or only slightly branched macromolecules with a high level of crystallinity. They form a dense structure in the final product. LDPE is made of highly branched molecules that form a final structure with low density due to a low degree of crystallinity. To analyse the different Polyethylene structures a High Temperature GPC/SEC-System is used with Triple Detection (Low Angle Light Scattering, Viscosity Detection and Refractive Index Detection). With such a system the molecular weight distribution and branching structure of polyolefins can be determined. Therefore it can easily be analysed what kind of structure a polyolefin sample has.
Read the complete article in German here .
Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) is an established technique in the field of protein crystallography. DLS is used to measure hydrodynamic sizes, polydispersities and aggregation effects of protein samples. These are important parameters for the crystal more
Spectris plc announces that effective 1 January 2017, Malvern Instruments and PANalytical will be merging their activities. Both Malvern and PANalytical are operating companies within the Materials Analysis segment of Spectris. The companies are both world leading suppliers of analytical in ... more
Malvern announced PENSABIO Biotechnology as a new partner acting as an Exclusive Representative in Brazil to product lines MicroCal, NanoSight, Archimedes, Zetasizer Helix and Viscosizer TD. Therefore, from 2016, the Pensabio now assumes the sale process (Pre and Post), Services, Technical ... more
A collaboration between Malvern Instruments and Bio-Radhas delivered new analytical tools for the rapid identification of unknown particles. New software to support Malvern’s Morphologi G3-ID, which analyzes particle size, shape and chemical composition, enables the direct comparison of mea ... more
This presentation explores particles and particle size, how particle sizing techniques deal with a particle, and how the measurement of particle size and particle size distributions can be achieved. moreWebinarOn-Demand
A summary of the new capabilities of the Zetasizer Nano systems and how to measure molecular weight with a single angle light scattering system moreWebinarOn-Demand
The Zetasizer Nano uses the ISO recommended Cumulants approach to measure the mean sample size and polydispersity index from dynamic light scattering measurements to ensure compliance with international standards more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Optimization of Transfection Conditions for the Human HL-60 Promyelocytic Leukemic T-Cell Line Using FuGENE® HD Transfection Reagent
- 3Fugene® HD Transfection Reagent: Superior Performance for Challenging Expression Studies
- 4Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 5Looxster® - Enrichment and isolation of bacterial DNA using Pureprove® Technology
- 6Novel Methods for High-Performance Melting Curve Analysis Using the LightCycler® 480 System
- 7Dynamic Light Scattering - an Important Tool for Protein Crystallography and Nanotechnology
- 8Real-Time PCR Quantification of Plant miRNAs Using Universal ProbeLibrary Technology
- 9Risks and Hazards Caused by ELECTROSTATICS in the LAB?!
- 10Real-Time PCR Quality Control for Gene Expression