This report explores how engineering innovations can significantly reduce costs — enabling substantial savings while improving performance. more
Fast Analysis of Waste Water While Eliminating Typical Matrix Interferences Using ICP-OES
Governmental regulations are in effect in nearly all industrial nations to control the direct release of
untreated urban and industrial wastewater. The physicochemical and chemical characterization of the wastewater at the inlet and outlet of the treatment plant is deemed an effective way to control the process and to verify the quality of effluents.
Due to its multi-element determination capability, high linear dynamic range and sensitivity, Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES) is widely used for wastewater analysis. And using a twin interface option, trace, minor, and major elements can be determined simultaneously, ensuring low cost of analysis.For this report the SPECTROBLUE Twin Interface was employed enabling accurate determination of alkali and earth alkali elements without the need for ionization buffering using the instrument’s radial mode. Simultaneously, using the instrument’s axial mode, trace elements are detected with high sensitivity.
This report details instrument parameters, line selection and demonstrates the SPECTROBLUE TI’s analytical capabilities in terms of sensitivity, precision and accuracy to perform wastewater analysis.
- waste management
- SPECTRO Analytical…
- waste water analytics
- matrix Interferences
- trace element analysis
- waste water treatment
This paper provides an in-depth comparison of these two long-established technologies used in a wide variety of elemental analysis applications more
This paper reviews the concepts surrounding the optical interfaces that are available for ICP-OES spectrometers and discusses the relative strengths more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Dynamic Light Scattering - an Important Tool for Protein Crystallography and Nanotechnology
- 3Optimization of Transfection Conditions for the Human HL-60 Promyelocytic Leukemic T-Cell Line Using FuGENE® HD Transfection Reagent
- 4Fugene® HD Transfection Reagent: Superior Performance for Challenging Expression Studies
- 5Novel Methods for High-Performance Melting Curve Analysis Using the LightCycler® 480 System
- 6Looxster® - Enrichment and isolation of bacterial DNA using Pureprove® Technology
- 7Detection of NADH and NADPH with the Omega's High Speed, Full UV/Vis Absorbance Spectrometer
- 8Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 9Automated Dynamic Light Scattering
- 10Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?