Stand-alone type, intelligent modules compatible with all other manufacturers’ instruments HPLC modules plus extraordinary and unexpected features and benefits more
SunCollect - A most versatile MALDI spotter and MALDI imaging combined in one instrument
SunCollect MALDI Spotter
Distribution of some selected proteins in different anatomic regions of rat brain achieved by single spot application (Courtesy of Prof. Salzet and Dr. Fournier, Université Lille, France)
Distribution of some selected peptides in different anatomic regions of rat kidney achieved by spraying Trypsin and thereafter CHCA layer (Courtesy of Emmanuelle Claude; Waters; Manchester; UK)
Distribution of two Benzyl-alkyl-ammonia homologues on rabbit eye after DHB spray application and its amazing ultra high resolution (Courtesy of ImaBiotech; Lille; France)
Spray results on glass with alpha-Cyano-4 hydroxycinnamic acid (CHCA) performed by SunCollect MALDI spotter with spray option magnification 40x
When Micro HPLC or Nano HPLC is employed to separate samples, the components of the sample are isolated as fractions in the same way as when analytical scale HPLC is used. In many laboratories, the fractions are deposited into microtiter plate wells (MTP) or are spotted onto MALDI-MS targets for further investigation.
The SunCollect MALDI Spotter is extremely successful in collecting fractions using either approach. If desired, a single fraction can be saved in both formats at the same time. When this approach is used, most of the fraction can be collected in the microtiter plate well and a small volume can be spotted on the MALDI target. Even if the volume of the fraction is large, the entire fraction can be collected and no eluate (= compounds) is lost.
The software is designed to be extremely simple to use. It is very easy to enter new sample collection protocols or create new target design.
The SunCollect MALDI-Spotter is biocompatible, since the sample and collected fractions are in contact only with PEEK and quartz.
NEW: MALDI-MSI (MS imaging; MALDI MS imaging)
The newly developed “Fast Spray Option” of SunCollect opens new horizons and new possibilities for imaging tissues. So a standard microscope glass slide can be homogeneously sprayed now in less than 50 seconds.
The results document this quantum step in comparison to manual spraying with a TLC sprayer or an airbrush, see pictures on the left side. Additionally the user can save up to 50% or more of valuable matrix solution, because SunCollect applies approx. 90% of matrix solution directly on the tissue.
Besides creating a completely homogeneous coating the resulting crystal size is very small or amorphous, which can enhance the signal-noise-ratio of the MS signal.
Outstanding Features of the SunCollect MALDI-Spotter
SunCollect MALDI-Spotter provides the following features:
- High precision
- Simultaneous collection of a sample on a microtiter plate well and a MALDI target
- Extremely rapid; the probe moves from one spot to another in less than 1 second
- It is a compact unit that requires a small footprint
- The spots or sprayed layers can be dried very rapidly
- The unit is completely biocompatible (quartz capillary probe)
- Very small, precise spots are possible (260 µm OD probe as option for 1 nl spots)
- Up to 20 layers can be sprayed even with different concentrations
- Sprays and covers tissues with Trypsin solution and/or matrix
- Controllable dosing pump for two solutions
- Designed to be easy to use. The control software makes it simple to develop and edit new targets formats and collection protocols. In addition, the unit is easy to service
- It is very reasonably priced with more performance, compared to other present systems
For further information please visit our product website, download our product brochure or get in contact with us!
- 1Soxtec integrated total fat analysis
- 2GC/MS/MS - Identification. Quantitation. Technovation.
- 3Separation of coeluting peaks in GC-analysis made very easy
- 4Take a little, get a lot: Highly accurate viscosity results from 0.1 mL of sample
- 5Endosafe-PTS: Licensed Endotoxin detection for the future
- 6Next generation triple quadrupole GC-MS/MS – more sensitive and three times faster than ever before
- 7Particle Size Measurement at the push of a button: 10 nm - 2000 µm
- 8Universal GC Detector: Detection down to low ppb!
- 9State-of-the-art sample preparation for analytical laboratories. Safe, quick and efficient
- 10Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) - the best way to prepare your GC and LC samples