The new Postnova AF2000-MT-MALS Mid Temperature Flow FFF is the world's first available temperature controlled FFF-MALS-System and perfectly suitable for separation, characterization and fractionation of proteins, bio-/polymers and nanoparticles more
Break-through in High Temperature Polymer Separation Technology
High Temperature Field-Flow Fractionation - AF2000 HT Series
High Temperature Field-Flow Fractionation (HTFFF) is a brand new technology ideally suited for the advanced separation of high molar mass polymers, such as polyethylene and polypropylene.
The AF2000 HT Series is the world’s first commercial HTFFF instrument available and was invented and patented by Postnova Analytics. The technology offers a broad separation range, a high separation power and is ideally suited for the separation of polymers, gels and nanoparticles.
The AF2000 HT is setting a complete new standard in high temperature polymer separation and marks a mayor break-through in polymer characterization.
HTFFF is the most advanced technology for the separation of high and ultra-high molar mass polymers at elevated and high temperatures. The system can be used to run applications up to 220°C, overcoming the limitations of the traditionally used polymeric Field-Flow Fractionation membranes.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF AF2000 HT
- High resolution polymer separations over a broad molar mass range
- Gentle separation of high molar mass polymers under low shear force conditions
- Patented cross-flow control system for precise flow rates and broad flow rate range
- Stable detector flows because of patented FOCUS Technology
- NovaFFF software platform for system control, data acquisition and evaluation
APPLICATIONS OF AF2000 HT
HTFFF is used for the characterization of polymers and macromolecules up to 109 g/mol and higher. Unlike High Temperature GPC, no size exclusion limit is restricting the upper molar mass of the separated polymers. Polyolefin samples, such as polyethylene and polypropylene, can be investigated, but also many other high molar mass polymers.
High Temperature FFF is a special version of Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF), which was invented in 1966 by Prof. Calvin Giddings, a two-times Nobel-Price nominee and co-founder of FFFractionation/Postnova. The company commercialized Field-Flow Fractionation and introduced the first instruments into the market in 1986.
Today, Postnova is exclusively focused on Field-Flow Fractionation and Light Scattering, offering a unique product portfolio of completely integrated FFF and LS systems. Postnova offers all major FFF versions, such as High Temperature FFF, Flow FFF, Thermal FFF and Sedimentation FFF.
- polymer analysis
- FFF systems
- field flow fractionation
- thermal field flow fractionation
- polymer separation
- HTFFF systems
- high temperature field flow fractionation
- AF4 systems
- asymmetric flow field flow fractionation
- Postnova Analytics
- molar mass
- light scattering
DKSH Business Unit Technology is a full service provider for high quality scientific equipment for research institutions, universities and commercial testing laboratories across South East Asia. With emphasis on application support, training, knowledge transfer and equipment servicing, DKSH ... more
The CF2000 Series for high-resolution separation and fractionation of nanoparticles, from Postnova Analytics, has won the GIT Innovations Award 2012 in the category ‘Analytical Instrumentation and Software’. The Postnova team are the inventors of the Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF) technique ... more
Malvern Instruments and Postnova Analytics have announced that they are co-operating to deliver the combined FFF (Field-Flow Fractionation) and DLS (Dynamic Light Scattering) solutions that today provide critical insight when characterizing a number of challenging particulate systems. Such ... more
High molecular weight polymers, bio molecules or particles in a range of a few nanometers up to several microns are more and more important in science and technology. Many applications are based on the specific properties of these materials. For this reason, an exact knowledge of the molar ... more
- 1SPECORD® PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 2Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 3Soxtec integrated total fat analysis
- 4GC/MS/MS - Identification. Quantitation. Technovation.
- 5State-of-the-art sample preparation for analytical laboratories. Safe, quick and efficient
- 6A Potpourri on Application Diversity - The Outstanding Elemental Analyzer multi EA® 5000
- 7Tailor-made PCR Setup Solution for OEM liquid handling automation projects
- 8Combining the precision of Bruker’s MALDI-TOF with the industry specific Accugenix® microbial database
- 9Minimum Sample Size Lowers Costs – Analytical Balance for a Guaranteed Minimum Weight below 14 Mg
- 10Opening, filling, capping, labelling tubes and vials – automating onerous laboratory tasks