MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry with Bruker's MALDI Biotyper and Charles River's Accugenix database allow identification of isolated colonies from a plate. more
Endosafe-PTS: Licensed Endotoxin detection for the future
A rapid, point-of-use test system providing quantitative LAL results in about 15 minutes
Charles River’s newest endotoxin detection product, the FDA-licensed Endosafe®-PTS™, is a rapid, point-of-use test system that utilizes LAL reagents in a test cartridge with a handheld spectrophotometer. The PTS™ can effectively be used to obtain fast, quantitative LAL test results in any enviroment (a laboratory setting or at the point of sample collection). Since PTS™ assay results are available in about 15 minutes, the LAL testing of samples from multiple locations can be completed efficiently and accurately.
The PTS™ uses LAL kinetic chromogenic methodology that measures a color intensity that is directly related to the endotoxin concentration in a sample. Each cartridge contains precise amounts of LAL reagent, chromogenic substrate and control standard endotoxin (CSE). The cartridges are manufactured according to rigid quality control procedures promoting test accuracy, consistency, and product stability.
To perform the test, the user simply pipettes 25 µl of a sample into each of the four sample reservoirs of the cartridge. The reader draws and mixes the sample with the LAL reagent in two channels (the Sample Channels) and with the LAL reagent and positive product control in the other two channels (the Spike Channels). The sample is incubated and then combined with the chromogenic substrate. After mixing, the optical density of the wells is measured and analyzed against an internally-archived standard curve. By design, the PTS™ cartridge automatically performs a duplicate sample/duplicate positive product control LAL test, thereby satisfying the harmonized USP Bacterial Endotoxin Test (BET) and the FDA guideline for LAL testing.
Advantages of Endosafe®-PTS™
- Portable, handheld LAL test system
- Fast, quantitative results–anywhere
- Simple, one button operation
- Single step, quantitative LAL test
- Results in about 15 minutes
- LAL test components all included
- Detects between 0.005 - 10 EU/mL
- Data downloadable to a central PC
- Add 25 µl of sample to each of 4channels in a cartridge
- Press enter
- Pump moves samples throughcartridge (about 15 minutes)
- Optical cells are read kinetically at 395nm +/- 20nm
- Results displayed on screen
PTS™ Instrument Features
- Portable with re-chargeable power block
- Easy-to-read display screen
- Keypad operation
- Stores 100 test results
- Transfers data for formatting into standard reports
- Printable results
- Protective case with cover
FDA-licensed LAL Assay
The PTS™ was approved by the FDA as an alternative to traditional LAL testing methods for in-process and final product release testing of biomedical products. The PTS™ can be used in the QC laboratory to effectively troubleshoot problematic products and to get a quick read on STAT samples and raw materials that require immediate analysis. The PTS™ was designed to be compliant with global pharmacopoeial methods and meets the BET criteria for photometric techniques. Validation of the PTS™ can be accomplished by performing inhibition/enhancement on three batches of product. Training of new users is fast and easy and results are obtained quickly–preventing costly delays in research or production. The Endosafe® -PTS™ provides significant advantages over traditional LAL test methods while still relying on validated and proven LAL technology.
With the PTS™, data reporting is simple. At the conclusion of the test, the endotoxin measurement and the assay acceptance criteria are displayed on the screen. The instrument can be used to detect endotoxin levels as high as 10 EU/mL and as low as 0.01 EU/mL. Internally, the PTS™ reader measures the reaction time in each channel. An archived standard curve specific for each batch of cartridges is constructed using the log of the reaction time vs. the log of the endotoxin standard concentration. The sample and spike values are calculated by interpolation off the standard curve using the reaction times.
Click 'Contact/Info' to receive further information.
The Nexus™ utilizes innovative LAL cartridge technology and simple data management software to test 48 to 60 samples with minimal preparation & supervision more
Protagen AG and Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. are announce a strategic Marketing & Sales alliance. For Charles River Biopharmaceutical Services (BPS) the fast-growing demand for biopharmaceuticals testing requires an expert partner with a broad range of services. Charles Ri ... more
Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. announced that its portable endotoxin testing system, the Endosafe(R) - PTS(TM), was recently launched into space aboard the space shuttle Discovery and successfully reached the International Space Station as part of NASA's ongoing efforts to c ... more
Charles River Laboratories announced a worldwide collaboration with Deltagen, Inc. Deltagen has created a repository of knockout mice. Under this new agreement, Charles River will act as Deltagen's exclusive provider of cryopreserved mouse embryos, sperm, and embryonic stem (ES) cells. This ... more
- 1New photometric test for COD analysis in seawater and waste water
- 2Endosafe-PTS: Licensed Endotoxin detection for the future
- 3Mini-Spectrometers - From the smallest component to the dedicated measurement system
- 4Agilent 5977E GC/MS System
- 5PlateMaster - 96 channel pipetting for 96 and 384 well plates
- 6Robust FT-NIR analyzer for in-line monitoring and, control of batch or continuous processes
- 7Soxtec integrated total fat analysis
- 8Fully Automated Water Analysis for COD and other Parameters with Cuvette Tests
- 9Combining the precision of Bruker’s MALDI-TOF with the industry specific Accugenix® microbial database
- 10Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!