Sartorius is selling its Industrial Technologies Division (Intec) to the Japanese Minebea Co., Ltd. (Minebea) and their partner, the Development Bank of Japan Inc. The respective contract was signed today. The sales price will be determined as a multiple of the Intec division’s 2014 operati ... more
The lightest and smallest electronic pipette: Picus
Picus defines a new level of ergonomics, accuracy and reliability in pipetting
Sartorius is proud to present a new electronic pipette that is designed with laboratory personnel in mind. Picus is a small, lightweight and easy-to-use electronic pipette. Its exceptionally user-friendly design and new-generation technology revolutionize traditional pipetting, setting new standards in pipetting ergonomics, accuracy and reliability.
- The lightest and smallest electronic pipette on the market today
- One-touch electronic tip ejection to prevent RSI
- Unbeatable accuracy, precision and reliability thanks to its new-generation technology
- Extremely fast one-handed volume adjustment
- Time-saving microplate dispensing with a unique built-in microplate tracker
- Fast and easy programming
Laboratory personnel today are required to perform their work quickly and accurately with limited resources. Mechanical pipettes are still widely used, although they increase the risk of hand injuries and inaccurate results. The Picus has been designed together with laboratory personnel to meet these customers’ needs and to minimize their workload. Its ergonomic handle design, small size and light weight permit effortless operation during long pipetting series, such as in serial dilutions and working with microplates. In addition, the Picus one-touch electronic tip ejection feature ejects one to 12 tips with a feather-light touch, reducing the risk of repetitive strain injury (RSI). The unique adjusting wheel on the Picus enables the fastest one-handed volume adjustment compared with any other pipette on the market. New-generation technology and built-in piston control ensure extremely precise positioning of the piston, thus delivering superior pipetting accuracy and reliability.
Biohit Liquid Handling is now part of Sartorius
Try Picus and you’ll be inspired!
For further information please visit our product website or request information now!
Sartorius staff member and metrology expert Veronika Martens was awarded a medal of the International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML) for her outstanding accomplishments. By conferring this OIML Medal, the organization honors people who have exceptionally contributed to the further d ... more
Sartorius officially opened a new application center at its Shanghai office. With a floor space of 240 square meters, or 2600 square feet, the new application center offers ample room for product demonstrations, trial runs and training sessions. At this center, customers from the biopharmac ... more
- 1New photometric test for COD analysis in seawater and waste water
- 2Endosafe-PTS: Licensed Endotoxin detection for the future
- 3Mini-Spectrometers - From the smallest component to the dedicated measurement system
- 4PlateMaster - 96 channel pipetting for 96 and 384 well plates
- 5Robust FT-NIR analyzer for in-line monitoring and, control of batch or continuous processes
- 6Soxtec integrated total fat analysis
- 7Fully Automated Water Analysis for COD and other Parameters with Cuvette Tests
- 8Combining the precision of Bruker’s MALDI-TOF with the industry specific Accugenix® microbial database
- 9Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 10Agilent 5977E GC/MS System