What analyst does not wish for a universal method for processing all his or her samples? Pressure digestion represents just such a procedure for sample digestions and is therefore one of the standard sample preparation procedures currently employed in analytical chemistry for element quanti ... more
Chemical-free water determination
Thermo-coulometric water determination with easyH2O
The Berghof easyH2O combines thermal evaporation of water with a selective, electrochemical water sensor to a new and innovative method of water analysis. Unlike the gravimetric moisture-measuring techniques, the result is not distorted by substances which evaporate out of the sample together with the water. It therefore delivers reproducible, accurate results and facilitates separate identification of free surface and capillary wate ras well as bonded water.
The water is evaporated out of the sample in a programmable oven and is fed to the sensor by a carrier gas. The coulometric sensor absorbs water in it hygroscopic phosphorous pentoxide coating. The water is electrolysed immediately and the required electrical charge is proportional to the quantity of water which is determined. Thus the sensor regenerates itself and is always ready to use.
Operation is extremely simple. No special or toxic chemicals are required to operate the system. The operator profits by reduced operating and disposal costs as well as reduced blank value input regarding chemicals.
For further information please visit our product website, download our product brochure or request information now!
- 1Soxtec integrated total fat analysis
- 2Tailor-made PCR Setup Solution for OEM liquid handling automation projects
- 3Agilent 7820A Gas Chromatography System
- 4Separation of coeluting peaks in GC-analysis made very easy
- 5One Touch Makes All the Difference
- 6Optical UV/Vis/NIR Immersion Probes for Online Analytical Analysis
- 7Fluorescence Microscope: Live-cell imaging directly in the incubator - even in daylight
- 8Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) - the best way to prepare your GC and LC samples
- 9Mark 3 Moisture Analyzer - For More Flexibility, Reliability, and Cost-Effectiveness
- 10Redefining AAS: High-Resolution Continuum Source AAS