NETZSCH Instruments North America, LLC announced that it is currently the sole supplier to Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX) of high temperature thermal analysis instruments used to characterize material properties for space applications. The instruments will be used to fine tun ... more
Highest resolution in Evolved Gas Analysis (EGA) TG-GC-MS Coupling
New Dimensions in Material Characterizationby NETZSCH-Gerätebau GmbH
For the analysis of complex reactions such as the release of gases from additives made of polymer blends, thermogravimetric analysis alone is often not sufficient. Coupling the thermobalance (TGA) to a gas chromatograph (GC), however, yields additional findings to help in identifying the components released.
NETZSCH, in collaboration with JAS (Joint Analytical Systems), has forged a breakthrough improvement in reaction gas analysis. Reaction gases from the TGA are fed directly into the GC valve box by means of a heated transfer line. Via a sample loop, the substances then arrive at the GC column, where they are separated and then analyzed by means of a mass selective detector. What sets the new system apart is the fact that the start of the measurement is event-driven. This enables temperature-correlated detection of the substances released, which in turn allows for direct correlation with mass loss steps.
By comparison, in other systems where TGA is coupled to GC, the reaction gases are usually bound in their entirety to an adsorber and only defined once the thermogravimetric analysis is complete. The disadvantage of such a system is that it does not allow for any conclusions to be drawn with reference to the time of the release of the compound.
For further information please visit our product website or get in contact with us!
The Netzsch Analyzing & Testing division and Bruker Corporation announced jointly that Netzsch Japan K.K. has acquired Bruker’s Thermal Analysis instruments business in Japan. Together with the well-established international Netzsch group, Netzsch Japan will further develop, produce, distr ... more
For targeted applications involving ceramic materials, precise knowledge about thermal properties is essential. These values can often be determined by means of Thermal Analysis methods. The new poster “Thermal Properties of Ceramics” offers the following important values at a glance: melti ... more
- 1Titrette® - the next generation digital burette!
- 2Fast and flexible PCR thermal cycler with well-proven technology
- 3QICPIC: Particle Shape and Particle Size
- 4HELOS: Particle Size Analysis from 0.1 µm to 8,750 µm with up to 217 measuring points
- 5Redefining AAS: High-Resolution Continuum Source AAS
- 6Regularly testing ensures correct UV/Vis measurement results
- 7NANOPHOX: Particle Size and Stability Analysis of Opaque Suspensions and Emulsions
- 8Endosafe-PTS: Licensed Endotoxin detection for the future
- 9Laboratory Freeze Dryer - electrically heated shelves without cable clutter
- 10Sample preparation on top - TOPwave