Promega and BASF have jointly developed an alternative method to animal studies that can reliably detect the allergenic potential of substances. Using a newly developed cell line, the reaction of skin cells to allergenic substances can now be demonstrated in the test tube. Allergic skin rea ... more
Promega and Leica Microsystems Sign Agreement to Develop Fluorescent Ligands Enabling Live Cell Imaging at the Sub 100 nm Range
Promega Corp. announced that it has signed an agreement with Leica Microsystems to enable fluorescent imaging of proteins in live cells. Under the terms of the agreement, Promega will develop fluorescent ligands for its HaloTag fusion proteins, that will be used to label proteins within live cells so that they can be visualized with Leica's TCS STED (stimulated emission depletion) superresolution microscope. Developed in the laboratory of Dr. Stefan Hell of the Max-Planck Institute in Germany, STED microscopy enables the investigation of structural details below the 100nm range.
Commonly used fluorescent proteins such as GFP are not optimal for use with high-powered STED technology as they are prone to photobleaching and lack appropriate spectral properties. In addition, alternative methods of labeling proteins with fluorescent antibodies are only applicable for fixed cells. Therefore, the agreement between Promega and Leica Microsystems will enable imaging of proteins within live cells at sub 100nm range.
Promega has been working with Leica Microsystems since 2006 to develop novel ways to label proteins within cells using its proprietary HaloTag® technology.
The Scientist magazine has chosen the Leica TCS SP8 STED 3X as one of the Top 10 Innovations 2014 that will change the way life scientists work. An independent jury of experts from science and industry selected the latest generation of Leica Microsystems’ super-resolution microscopes. This ... more
On Monday, October 20, 2014, Yale University West Campus will open the doors to a new microscopy Center of Excellence made possible through a partnership with Leica Microsystems. Housed in a newly created core facility, the Leica Center of Excellence at Yale West Campus will provide scienti ... more
Leica Microsystems has strengthened the alliance with its Turkish distributors Mikro-Optik Tıbbi Malzeme Ithalat Ihracat ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi and Gantenbein Ticaret Mürsel Gelincik ve Ortağı Adi Komandit Şirketi, thereby deepening its market presence in Turkey. All relevant assets of ... more
Up to 80 percent of our experience of our visual environment takes place via our visual perception. Without spatial vision, we would hardly be able to stay oriented. In recent decades, the neurosciences have gained many insights into the complex processes by which our brain's visual cortex ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- 3Asphaltene analysis takes a giant step
- 4Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- 5Anton Paar GmbH acquires Measuring Technology Company in Hanover
- 6Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 7Determining recipes for some of the world's oldest preserved beers
- 8SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 9Endress+Hauser Supports Analytik Jena in Real Estate Acquisition
- 10New materials discovered to detect neutrons emitted by radioactive materials
- Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood ...
- Sartorius extends portfolio with innovative sensors for flow rate measurement
- Merck Serono and Illumina Enter Strategic Collaboration for Diagnostics in O ...
- Joint Open Laboratory Established In China by Waters & the Chinese Pharmacop ...
- GENALICE and Knome form strategic partnership to empower rapid NGS data inte ...