Promega and BASF have jointly developed an alternative method to animal studies that can reliably detect the allergenic potential of substances. Using a newly developed cell line, the reaction of skin cells to allergenic substances can now be demonstrated in the test tube. Allergic skin rea ... more
Promega and Leica Microsystems Sign Agreement to Develop Fluorescent Ligands Enabling Live Cell Imaging at the Sub 100 nm Range
15-08-2008: Promega Corp. announced that it has signed an agreement with Leica Microsystems to enable fluorescent imaging of proteins in live cells. Under the terms of the agreement, Promega will develop fluorescent ligands for its HaloTag fusion proteins, that will be used to label proteins within live cells so that they can be visualized with Leica's TCS STED (stimulated emission depletion) superresolution microscope. Developed in the laboratory of Dr. Stefan Hell of the Max-Planck Institute in Germany, STED microscopy enables the investigation of structural details below the 100nm range.
Commonly used fluorescent proteins such as GFP are not optimal for use with high-powered STED technology as they are prone to photobleaching and lack appropriate spectral properties. In addition, alternative methods of labeling proteins with fluorescent antibodies are only applicable for fixed cells. Therefore, the agreement between Promega and Leica Microsystems will enable imaging of proteins within live cells at sub 100nm range.
Promega has been working with Leica Microsystems since 2006 to develop novel ways to label proteins within cells using its proprietary HaloTag® technology.
On Monday, October 20, 2014, Yale University West Campus will open the doors to a new microscopy Center of Excellence made possible through a partnership with Leica Microsystems. Housed in a newly created core facility, the Leica Center of Excellence at Yale West Campus will provide scienti ... more
Leica Microsystems has strengthened the alliance with its Turkish distributors Mikro-Optik Tıbbi Malzeme Ithalat Ihracat ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi and Gantenbein Ticaret Mürsel Gelincik ve Ortağı Adi Komandit Şirketi, thereby deepening its market presence in Turkey. All relevant assets of ... more
The Leica SR GSD 3D super-resolution microscope has been voted third among the Top 10 Innovations 2013 by the prestigious magazine The Scientist. The panel of judges, consisting of representatives from science, business, and the non-profit sector, selected the super-resolution system for 3D ... more
Up to 80 percent of our experience of our visual environment takes place via our visual perception. Without spatial vision, we would hardly be able to stay oriented. In recent decades, the neurosciences have gained many insights into the complex processes by which our brain's visual cortex ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2LAUDA founds subsidiary in Italy
- 3LGC rebrands reference standards
- 4The shadow of a disease
- 5New microscope collects dynamic images of the molecules that animate life
- 6Carl Zeiss Grants Sublicense for LED Fluorescence Excitation to Prior Scientific Ltd.
- 7Towards future lab-on-chip applications
- 8Sartorius Opens New Application Center in Shanghai
- 9Pathogens in foods: progress and challenges
- 10Failed Alzheimer’s test shows in which direction the research should continue
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of- ...
- QIAGEN announces broad agreement with Astellas Pharma to develop companion d ...
- Yale University and Leica Microsystems Partner to Establish Microscopy Cente ...
- GENALICE and deCODE Genetics enter into a partnership for population wide ge ...
- Evotec receives first milestone in Roche biomarker collaboration