Innogenetics announced that it has received CE marking for its new and expanded HPV genotyping test, the INNO-LiPA HPV Genotyping Extra. The new generation kit allows the genotyping of 28 different HPV genotypes, of which 18 are high-risk types for the possible development of cervical cance ... more
Innogenetics presents research results for first Alzheimer biomarker test in blood
At the Alzheimer's Association's International Conference on Prevention of Dementia, Innogenetics presented research results with the first commercial blood test for beta-amyloid protein. Beta-amyloid is one of the potential biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease. With this new test, the INNO-BIA plasma A forms, researchers can measure different forms of this Alzheimer biomarker from a simple blood sample. This could - in the long term and after further investigation - lead to improved and accelerated development of Alzheimer drugs and possibly to earlier diagnosis of the condition.
The degeneration of nerve cells and the abnormal accumulation of beta-amyloid and tau proteins in the brain, are the most important pathological hallmarks of the disease. Beta-amyloid forms appear to be especially useful biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease. Up to now, Alzheimer biomarkers were measured in cerebrospinal fluid, for which lumbar puncture is necessary. But the invasive nature of this procedure, has been a limiting factor for the widespread use of this approach.
Innogenetics has now developed a commercial test, the INNO-BIA plasma A forms, to track early markers of Alzheimer's in the blood. These markers are measured using xMAP® technology (Luminex Corp., Austin, TX). Research studies with 556 patients in Sweden and Germany have shown that the blood test yields important results. Apparently, patients presenting with early memory problems who are at higher risk for developing Alzheimer turn out to have significantly different levels of beta-amyloid forms in their blood compared to persons at lower risk to develop the disease.
Innogenetics now plans to accelerate plans for new performance evaluation studies with the new research test in order to obtain CE marking.
- blood tests
- nerve cells
- Alzheimer's disease
- Alzheimer's Association
Innogenetics announced an agreement with Novartis on major licensing terms in the field of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) diagnostics. According to the license agreement, Novartis grants Innogenetics a license to its Hepatitis C patent rights in the field of HCV immunodiagnostics in certain territ ... more
Innogenetics NV and AdnaGen AG announced that they have entered into an exclusive worldwide license agreement to develop and commercialize new multiplex tests in the field of oncology. The diagnostic tests rely on circulating tumour cells in patients' blood. The exclusive license covers fie ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 3Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- 4Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- 5Goodbye to sunburn thanks to Queen's sunburn indicator
- 6Sharper nanoscopy
- 7Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 8Mettler-Toledo's TDL Analyzers Receive Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation & Leadership
- 9Bio-marker set forms the basis for new blood test to detect colorectal cancer
- 10Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food b ...
- MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- DPZ-Researchers develop suitcase laboratory for rapid detection of the Ebola ...
- IDT and Ubiquitome Partner to Develop Mobile Ebola Test
- Measuring Skin Rejuvenescence