Richard J. Tobin, currently Chief Financial Officer of SGS, has resigned his position in order to join CNH Global N.V. (Case New Holland) based in Chicago, IL, USA. The Board of Directors expresses its gratitude and recognition for his tenure, first as COO North America, then as Group CFO, ... more
SGS Minerals Services opens new lab in Chennai, India
SGS Minerals Services announced the opening of a new facility in Chennai, India to serve the growing needs of the mineral exploration industry. The Chennai geochemical laboratory is equipped with ICP-MS, ICP-OES and AAS for the analysis of major, minor and trace elements and a multi-pour fire assay facility for precious metal determinations. The laboratory is supported by a high volume sample preparation facility. This location will also function as a gateway to other SGS services and expertise.
According to the company, the Chennai laboratory complements SGS Minerals Services' 8 existing facilities in India and further expands the network of 40 commercial geochemical labs around the world. Specific tests are registered to the IS0 / IEC 17025 standard.
SGS announced the acquisition of the Intron Group, Sittard, NL. The group provides inspection, testing, certification, consulting as well as project management services to the building materials industry. In addition to its state of the art laboratory in Sittard, Intron has an office in Cu ... more
SGS celebrated the opening of its new Sydney laboratory dedicated to environmental testing of air, water and soil. This state of the art facility in Australia is the latest addition to the SGS Environmental Services business international network of 30 environmental laboratories in Asia, No ... more
- 1Diamond detectors for CERN
- 2We are much more unique than assumed
- 3New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- 4PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion
- 5LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- 6Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 7Research on crucial cutting enzyme maps sites of DNA damage in leukemias and other cancers
- 8Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 9New femto-camera with quadrillion fractions of a second resolution