Richard J. Tobin, currently Chief Financial Officer of SGS, has resigned his position in order to join CNH Global N.V. (Case New Holland) based in Chicago, IL, USA. The Board of Directors expresses its gratitude and recognition for his tenure, first as COO North America, then as Group CFO, ... more
SGS Minerals Services opens new lab in Chennai, India
SGS Minerals Services announced the opening of a new facility in Chennai, India to serve the growing needs of the mineral exploration industry. The Chennai geochemical laboratory is equipped with ICP-MS, ICP-OES and AAS for the analysis of major, minor and trace elements and a multi-pour fire assay facility for precious metal determinations. The laboratory is supported by a high volume sample preparation facility. This location will also function as a gateway to other SGS services and expertise.
According to the company, the Chennai laboratory complements SGS Minerals Services' 8 existing facilities in India and further expands the network of 40 commercial geochemical labs around the world. Specific tests are registered to the IS0 / IEC 17025 standard.
SGS announced the acquisition of the Intron Group, Sittard, NL. The group provides inspection, testing, certification, consulting as well as project management services to the building materials industry. In addition to its state of the art laboratory in Sittard, Intron has an office in Cu ... more
SGS celebrated the opening of its new Sydney laboratory dedicated to environmental testing of air, water and soil. This state of the art facility in Australia is the latest addition to the SGS Environmental Services business international network of 30 environmental laboratories in Asia, No ... more
- 1Bacterial protein structure could aid development of new antibiotics
- 2China develops world's brightest VUV free electron laser research facility
- 3Merck opens production facility exclusively for meglumine in Spain
- 4'5-D protein fingerprinting' could give insights into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- 5Crybaby: The vitamins in your tears
- 6The computer as microscope
- 7'Mysterious' non-protein-coding RNAs play important roles in gene expression
- 8Nanoscale view of energy storage
- 9World's first total-body PET scanner takes a big step forward