OncoMethylome Sciences announced that it has signed a licensing and testing agreement with Merck KGaA of Darmstadt, Germany. Under the terms of the agreement, OncoMethylome will provide MGMT gene promoter methylation testing services for Merck's clinical trial program of cilengitide. As par ... more
OncoMethylome Expands its Amsterdam LaboratoryColorectal Cancer Screening Program and Service Testing Capabilities Strengthened
OncoMethylome Sciences announced that it has significantly expanded its Amsterdam laboratory operations. The expansion involved hiring of 10 additional scientists experienced in the field of molecular diagnostics, purchase of necessary molecular laboratory equipment, obtaining ISO laboratory certification, and leasing approximately 1000 m2 of laboratory space from the Academic Medical Center (AMC) in Amsterdam. According to the company, the expansion was necessary to support OncoMethylome's colorectal cancer program and to enhance its clinical trial testing services.
In the area of colorectal cancer, OncoMethylome is developing novel, non-invasive, molecular methylation tests to screen for colorectal cancer. The tests are performed on DNA isolated from stool or blood samples. The colorectal cancer program is concentrated in the company's Amsterdam laboratory and is financially supported by the SenterNovem agency of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs.
In the area of personalized treatment, OncoMethylome is developing tests that predict whether a drug treatment is likely to be effective for a specific patient. The expansion of the Amsterdam laboratory provides OncoMethylome with the required capacity and ISO certification for performing clinical trial testing services in-house.
Furthermore, the Amsterdam laboratory is foreseen to play an increasing role in facilitating OncoMethylome's research collaborations with Dutch oncologists and medical research centers. The company's current collaborators in the Netherlands include the Amsterdam VU Medical Center, the Research Institute Growth and Development (GROW) at the Maastricht Medical Center, and the University of Groningen.
- colorectal cancer
- clinical trials
- research collaborations
- molecular diagnostics
- laboratory equipment
- ISO certifications
OncoMethylome Sciences and Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings (LabCorp®) announced that OncoMethylome has granted LabCorp an exclusive license on certain IP technology to perform commercial MGMT methylation laboratory testing services in the United States and Canada subject to limi ... more
OncoMethylome Sciences announced that its research collaborators demonstrated that gene methylation is significantly associated with recurrence of early stage non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Researchers from Johns Hopkins University (JHU) and Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute suc ... more
- 1analytica 2016: Record number of exhibitors thanks to 6.5 percent increase
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3analytica 2016: Key platform for upcoming scientists
- 4SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 5Eurofins reinforces its environment testing footprint with the acquisition of EAC Corp. in Japan
- 6Electronic device detects molecules linked to cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
- 7Laboratory of the future at analytica in Munich in the present
- 8Beijing Higher Court rules in favor of Merck Millipore in patent infringement case
- 9Mercury in fish affected by both prey type and quality
- 10Device may provide rapid diagnosis of bacterial infections
- Process analysis in real time
- Quick clean-up: New process turns decades into hours for mining-water purifi ...
- Industrial chromatography and reverse osmosis optimize amino acid fermentati ...
- Analytik Jena receives major order for diagnostic detection systems from Pak ...
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand