Microcal appoints Richard K. Brown as CEO and President
23-03-2006: MicroCal LLC announced the appointment of Richard K. Brown as CEO and President. Rick will be succeeding William Gelb, who has been in the CEO role for the past six years. Bill, who has served the company with excellence and dedication for over eleven years, will concurrently assume the Chairman role for the company. Rick joins MicroCal from Isis Pharmaceuticals where he served as Vice President of Business Development for Isis and President of Isis' functional genomics division, GeneTrove.
Before joining Isis, Rick spent five years with Discovery Partners International (DPII). At DPII Rick was President of IRORI, one of their operating companies. IRORI provides automated chemical synthesis systems and services to drug discovery laboratories. Prior to this, Rick spent 17 years in various capacities with companies involved in laboratory automation and analytical instruments used by life scientists in industry and academia.
Rick received his BS in Chemistry from Massachusetts State College in North Adams, MA and his Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Fast new, 1-step genetic engineering technology
- 3Analytik Jena receives major order for diagnostic detection systems from Pakistan
- 4Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 5Molecular switch for cheaper biofuel
- 6Genzyme Launches New Diagnostic Test for Common Blood Cancer
- 7Malvern Instruments announces global agreement with Proveris Scientific
- 8Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Dr. Alexander Makarov Receives Inaugural HUPO Science and Technology Award
- 9LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 10Novasep appoints Udo Steinhauer as fine chemicals market director