Life Technologies Corporation announced it has signed a definitive agreement to sell its ownership stake in its mass spectrometry business, operated as a joint venture, to Danaher Corporation for $450 million in cash. Danaher has also signed an agreement to acquire Life Technologies’ joint ... more
MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
MDS Sciex, the analytical instrumentation and technology solutions division of MDS Inc., announced the official opening of its new manufacturing facility in Singapore. The new Singapore manufacturing facility is MDS Sciex's first site in the Asia Pacific region. It complements an existing manufacturing facility in Concord, Ontario, Canada. Located in the Marsiling Industrial Estate, the facility will be over 30,000 sq. ft. and employ over 100 people when fully operational by the close of 2008.
The Singapore facility will initially manufacture CellKey(TM), MDS Sciex's new cellular analysis product. Component production for mass spectrometer product lines and the Turbo V ion source will begin in 2006.
- MDS Sciex
MDS Analytical Technologies announced it has acquired California-based Blueshift Biotechnologies (Sunnyvale, CA) for $13 million. The acquisition of Blueshift Biotechnologies, a developer of screening platforms for life sciences research and maker of the IsoCyte(TM) benchtop laser scanning ... more
Scientists at the Spanish Council for Scientific Research (CSIC) in Barcelona have developed a new method for monitoring the consumption of drugs of abuse in the general population. This method, which was developed using analytical laboratory technology from Applied Biosystems/MDS Analytica ... more
Applied Biosystems, an Applera Corporation business, and its joint venture partner, MDS Sciex, a division of MDS Inc., announced the outcome of the scientific research community's most extensive, spinal fluid-based protein study on neurodegenerative diseases to date. Researchers from the Un ... more
The Christian Doppler Laboratory for mycotoxin research, at The Department for Agrobiotechnology Tulln (IFA-Tulln) of the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, has won the second highest Austrian research prize for its work on screening for mycotoxins in wheat c ... more
MDS Sciex, the analytical instrumentation and technology solutions division of MDS Inc., announced the official opening of its new manufacturing facility in Singapore. The new Singapore manufacturing facility is MDS Sciex's first site in the Asia Pacific region. It complements an existing m ... more
- 1Using espresso machines to do chemistry
- 2New electron microscope method detects atomic-scale magnetism
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific to acquire FEI Company
- 4Eurofins acquisition of Agro-Analyses
- 5Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 6Eppendorf AG: Change in Supervisory Board
- 7Tasty fat: X-rays finding the blueprint of why fat is yummy
- 8Watching the luminescent gene switch
- 9The deadly toxin acrolein has a useful biological role
- 10analytica 2016: Record number of exhibitors thanks to 6.5 percent increase
- Process analysis in real time
- Quick clean-up: New process turns decades into hours for mining-water purifi ...
- Industrial chromatography and reverse osmosis optimize amino acid fermentati ...
- Analytik Jena receives major order for diagnostic detection systems from Pak ...
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand