Malvern Instruments Ltd has announced that it has completed the acquisition of MicroCal from GE Healthcare Life Sciences and has also purchased the Archimedes particle characterization system from Affinity Biosensors LLC (Santa Barbara, CA). Both of these developments extend Malvern’s portf ... more
Malvern Instruments delivers 8 on-line and at-line particle size analyzers for Holcim cement facilities in Belgium and France
26-09-2005: Holcim France Benelux has entered into an agreement with Malvern Instruments for the supply of eight Malvern Insitec particle size analyzers over the next six months. The company will install two Insitec at-line systems at its facilities in Belgium and six Insitec on-line systems at production plants in France.
Insitec particle size analyzers are rugged industrial systems that use laser diffraction technology for particle size measurement in industrial processes. They are designed to handle the high flowrates and abrasive material encountered in the cement industry. Insitec systems can be installed on-line, or at-line, with the facility to easily upgrade to full on-line capabilities if and when required.
Malvern Instruments Ltd. announced that it has entered into an agreement with GE Healthcare Life Sciences to acquire the company’s MicroCal™ microcalorimetry business. Financial terms were not disclosed. The acquisition, which is subject to regulatory approvals, is expected to complete i ... more
NanoSight Ltd have been acquired by Malvern Instruments Ltd (Malvern, UK). The acquisition was completed on 30th September 2013. NanoSight has developed and commercialized a unique and patented technology, Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA). The company’s instrumentation and software enab ... more
Polyethylene and Polypropylene are so-called Polyolefins. They are produced in large amounts every year. Depending on the process and catalyst used linear or branched polymers can be produced. In case of e. g. Polyethylene there are at least three polymer types: HDPE (High Density Polytheyl ... more
Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) is an established technique in the field of protein crystallography. DLS is used to measure hydrodynamic sizes, polydispersities and aggregation effects of protein samples. These are important parameters for the crystallisation of proteins. DLS is also used in ... more
Fully automated particle size measurement technology integrated with existing plant control platforms for ease of use has the potential to deliver numerous benefits. At plants where a switch to on-line analysis has been made it is frequently easier or possible to: more
- 1Nano-sized chip "sniffs out" explosives far better than trained dogs
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- 4Mettler Toledo installs Tunable Diode Lasers (TDLs) where no TDLs have gone before
- 5Bochem Increasingly Using New Media
- 6LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 7Synthesis of structurally pure carbon nanotubes using molecular seeds
- 8New material puts a twist in light
- 9Danaher Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Leica Microsystems
- 10SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation sy ...
- Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- Bochem Increasingly Using New Media
- Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- Siemens Healthcare agrees to sell microbiology business to Beckman Coulter