PerkinElmer Launches eLearning Initiative
12-07-2005: PerkinElmer Inc. announced the introduction of the industry's broadest, scientific
eLearning offering. Further demonstrating PerkinElmer's ongoing
commitment to key customer needs, eLearning provides organizations with
the scalable tools necessary to effectively train employees and improve
productivity. As the only fully web-enabled learning solution in the
industry, eLearning offers a visually enriched and interactive learning
experience that includes tutorials, demos and instructor-led training.
The eLearning solution is scalable from 1 to 1,000 employees, and can be
customized to match individual skill sets.
Recognizing the need for accessible, customizable training programs that offer substantial customer return on investment, PerkinElmer surveyed more than 40,000 customers to determine specific areas of interest, target audiences and geographic needs. Based on the survey results, PerkinElmer developed its eLearning offering, including thirteen courses in four categories: Scientific Application, Informatics, BioPharma and Biology. In addition to general scientific courses, PerkinElmer will also offer instrument and application specific custom courses in the areas of Atomic Absorption, Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy, and Chromatography. Additional custom eLearning solutions will be added in the immediate future.
To meet the various needs of PerkinElmer's customer base and beyond, PerkinElmer now offers a three-tiered training portfolio that includes classroom training, on-site custom training and eLearning offerings. eLearning is a scalable, cost-effective solution that rounds out PerkinElmer's training offerings. The training courses included in the eLearning offering provide expert design, validated scientific content and the latest technological advancements, ensuring that customers can easily utilize the information learned to maximize productivity while managing training-related costs.
- 1Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Life Technologies Corporation
- 2analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- 7Abbott Completes Acquisition of Advanced Medical Optics
- 8Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Dr. Alexander Makarov Receives Inaugural HUPO Science and Technology Award
- 9Analytik Jena announces forecast for financial year 2012/2013
- 10MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- Targeted screening for C. difficile upon hospital admission could potentially identify most colonized patients
- Troubling levels of toxic metals found in lipstick
- X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- Tomosynthesis increases breast cancer detection rate
- Chemical shift MRI helps differentiate renal cell tumors more likely to metastasize