PerkinElmer, Inc., announced that OneSource®, a component of the Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services business, has entered into an agreement with global laboratory supply and distribution company VWR International, LLC, to develop a joint service offering. The combined solution pro ... more
PerkinElmer Launches eLearning Initiative
PerkinElmer Inc. announced the introduction of the industry's broadest, scientific
eLearning offering. Further demonstrating PerkinElmer's ongoing
commitment to key customer needs, eLearning provides organizations with
the scalable tools necessary to effectively train employees and improve
productivity. As the only fully web-enabled learning solution in the
industry, eLearning offers a visually enriched and interactive learning
experience that includes tutorials, demos and instructor-led training.
The eLearning solution is scalable from 1 to 1,000 employees, and can be
customized to match individual skill sets.
Recognizing the need for accessible, customizable training programs that offer substantial customer return on investment, PerkinElmer surveyed more than 40,000 customers to determine specific areas of interest, target audiences and geographic needs. Based on the survey results, PerkinElmer developed its eLearning offering, including thirteen courses in four categories: Scientific Application, Informatics, BioPharma and Biology. In addition to general scientific courses, PerkinElmer will also offer instrument and application specific custom courses in the areas of Atomic Absorption, Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy, and Chromatography. Additional custom eLearning solutions will be added in the immediate future.
To meet the various needs of PerkinElmer's customer base and beyond, PerkinElmer now offers a three-tiered training portfolio that includes classroom training, on-site custom training and eLearning offerings. eLearning is a scalable, cost-effective solution that rounds out PerkinElmer's training offerings. The training courses included in the eLearning offering provide expert design, validated scientific content and the latest technological advancements, ensuring that customers can easily utilize the information learned to maximize productivity while managing training-related costs.
PerkinElmer Inc. and Corning Incorporated announced that the two companies have entered into a strategic agreement to advance the development of next-generation label-free detection technologies. The agreement will allow Corning and PerkinElmer to combine their expertise in optical label- ... more
PerkinElmer, Inc. has acquired Analytica of Branford, Inc. The acquisition is an integral part of PerkinElmer's strategic commitment to continue to grow its human and environmental health portfolio. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. With the completion of this acquisition, Perki ... more
Altus™ UPLC®: an advanced LC system providing high throughput and faster, higher resolution chromatographic separations more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Analytik Jena AG Expands Executive Management Board
- 3Merck and Pfizer Collaborate with Dako
- 4MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 5Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 6SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 7LGC rebrands reference standards
- 8VWR Acquires Hichrom Limited
- 9Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 10Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- Gender inequality in scientific professions
- Merck Serono’s President has been appointed to Board of Directors of L’Oréal
- All the important trade fairs, congresses, seminars and webinars at a glance
- GATC Biotech expands its sequencing laboratories in Constance and Cologne
- Start of a worldwide scientific competition for bioprocesses
- New on-chip optical sensing technique used to detect multiple flu strains
- Smaller is better for nanotube analysis
- Milestone single-biomolecule imaging technique may advance drug design
- New precise particle measurement improves subatomic tool for probing mysteries of universe
- Prototype lab in a needle could make real-time, mobile laboratory testing a reality