PerkinElmer, Inc., announced that it has completed the acquisition of Vanadis Diagnostics, AB. Based in Sweden, Vanadis is developing a novel solution for non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) based on digital analysis of cell-free DNA. The acquisition is anticipated to build upon PerkinElme ... more
PerkinElmer Launches eLearning Initiative
PerkinElmer Inc. announced the introduction of the industry's broadest, scientific
eLearning offering. Further demonstrating PerkinElmer's ongoing
commitment to key customer needs, eLearning provides organizations with
the scalable tools necessary to effectively train employees and improve
productivity. As the only fully web-enabled learning solution in the
industry, eLearning offers a visually enriched and interactive learning
experience that includes tutorials, demos and instructor-led training.
The eLearning solution is scalable from 1 to 1,000 employees, and can be
customized to match individual skill sets.
Recognizing the need for accessible, customizable training programs that offer substantial customer return on investment, PerkinElmer surveyed more than 40,000 customers to determine specific areas of interest, target audiences and geographic needs. Based on the survey results, PerkinElmer developed its eLearning offering, including thirteen courses in four categories: Scientific Application, Informatics, BioPharma and Biology. In addition to general scientific courses, PerkinElmer will also offer instrument and application specific custom courses in the areas of Atomic Absorption, Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy, and Chromatography. Additional custom eLearning solutions will be added in the immediate future.
To meet the various needs of PerkinElmer's customer base and beyond, PerkinElmer now offers a three-tiered training portfolio that includes classroom training, on-site custom training and eLearning offerings. eLearning is a scalable, cost-effective solution that rounds out PerkinElmer's training offerings. The training courses included in the eLearning offering provide expert design, validated scientific content and the latest technological advancements, ensuring that customers can easily utilize the information learned to maximize productivity while managing training-related costs.
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced an extension to its longstanding agreement with PerkinElmer, which supplies chips for Agilent’s popular 2100 Bioanalyzer system. Since its introduction in 1999, the 2100 Bioanalyzer system has become an integral part of molecular biology laboratories aroun ... more
PerkinElmer, Inc., announced that OneSource®, a component of the Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services business, has entered into an agreement with global laboratory supply and distribution company VWR International, LLC, to develop a joint service offering. The combined solution pro ... more
Altus™ UPLC®: an advanced LC system providing high throughput and faster, higher resolution chromatographic separations more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 3New patent on fast measurements in liquids
- 4Chemical fingerprints confirm the saffron fraud
- 5PerkinElmer acquires Vanadis Diagnostics
- 6Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 7Argonne’s lithium-ion battery technology to be commercialized by BASF
- 8New study creates first 3-D vision of cancer target
- 9The device with the fine nose
- 10Malvern Instruments acquires assets of Reologica Instruments AB
- Gender inequality in scientific professions
- Merck Serono’s President has been appointed to Board of Directors of L’Oréal
- All the important trade fairs, congresses, seminars and webinars at a glance
- GATC Biotech expands its sequencing laboratories in Constance and Cologne
- Start of a worldwide scientific competition for bioprocesses