The Scientist magazine has chosen the Leica TCS SP8 STED 3X as one of the Top 10 Innovations 2014 that will change the way life scientists work. An independent jury of experts from science and industry selected the latest generation of Leica Microsystems’ super-resolution microscopes. This ... more
Danaher Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Leica Microsystems
Danaher Corporation announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase German-based Leica Microsystems AG from LM Investments S.à r.l. The purchase price amounts to an enterprise value of approximately EUR450 million, including assumed debt, pension liabilities, transaction costs and net of cash acquired.
The acquisition is subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the third quarter. Danaher expects minimal earnings per share accretion in 2005. Earnings per share accretion in 2006 is expected to be approximately EUR0.025.
H. Lawrence Culp, Jr., Danaher's President and Chief Executive Officer, said: "This transaction makes strong strategic and financial sense for both companies. Leica Microsystems' technology in high precision optical instrumentation and its well-known brand will extend Danaher's Professional Instrumentation segment into life sciences while complementing our existing critical care diagnostics and dental businesses. Leica Microsystems has an excellent management team, and working together we can improve the company's long-term performance and augment its growth on a global scale - both organically and through add-on acquisitions. We are pleased to have such a well-respected company become part of Danaher."
Dr. Wolf-Otto Reuter, Chief Executive Officer of Leica Microsystems, said: "We are very pleased to be announcing this partnership with Danaher. They are a long-term strategic investor with global resources that truly understands our engineering heritage and are committed to our future growth. As part of Danaher, we expect to be able to extend Leica Microsystems' leadership in its fields of operation, particularly in medicine and biotechnology."
On Monday, October 20, 2014, Yale University West Campus will open the doors to a new microscopy Center of Excellence made possible through a partnership with Leica Microsystems. Housed in a newly created core facility, the Leica Center of Excellence at Yale West Campus will provide scienti ... more
Leica Microsystems has strengthened the alliance with its Turkish distributors Mikro-Optik Tıbbi Malzeme Ithalat Ihracat ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi and Gantenbein Ticaret Mürsel Gelincik ve Ortağı Adi Komandit Şirketi, thereby deepening its market presence in Turkey. All relevant assets of ... more
Up to 80 percent of our experience of our visual environment takes place via our visual perception. Without spatial vision, we would hardly be able to stay oriented. In recent decades, the neurosciences have gained many insights into the complex processes by which our brain's visual cortex ... more
Danaher Corporation announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with Beckman Coulter, Inc. pursuant to which Danaher will acquire Beckman Coulter by making a cash tender offer to acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of Beckman Coulter at a purchase ... more
Life Technologies Corporation announced it has signed a definitive agreement to sell its ownership stake in its mass spectrometry business, operated as a joint venture, to Danaher Corporation for $450 million in cash. Danaher has also signed an agreement to acquire Life Technologies’ joint ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 3Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- 4Goodbye to sunburn thanks to Queen's sunburn indicator
- 5Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 6Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- 7Sharper nanoscopy
- 8Mettler-Toledo's TDL Analyzers Receive Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation & Leadership
- 9Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 10Extensive Proteomics Research Strengthens the Uptake for Protein Purification Kits in Europe
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech acquires UK-based CRO, BioOutsource
- Genevac Consolidate Evaporator & Freeze Dryer Operations In Germany
- Roche strengthens oncology translational research pipeline by acquiring CAPP ...
- Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring ...