GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company announced that it has completed the acquisition of Whatman plc, a global supplier of filtration products and technologies. The acquisition expands GE Healthcare's offering for life science research and biopharmaceutical manufacturing. GE H ... more
Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
As of November 30, 2004 Whatman will purchase Schleicher & Schuell MicroScience GmbH, Schleicher & Schuell BioScience GmbH and Schleicher & Schuell GmbH for 50.2 million Euro and including an estimated net debt on completion of Euro 4.4 million.
Hahnemühle FineArt GmbH as well as DIA-Nielsen MircoTech GmbH, remain outside this transaction and will continue to work as independent companies.
Whatman plc, headquartered in London, will be in a stronger growth position with the acquisition of Schleicher & Schuell's MicroScience and Bioscience business centers.
With the addition of around 40 % of sales from Schleicher & Schuell, the enlarged group will have a combined share of approximately 16 % of the global LabSciences sector, making it the clear No. 3 in the industry and enhancing its competitive position against the sector leaders, Millipore and Pall Corporation. The remainder of the sector below these three major groups is more fragmented.
"Whatman has approached us because of our high-quality products and the company's excellent reputation in the market. We expect that employees and customers of both companies will benefit from this proposed merger," said Dr. Werner Specht, Schleicher & Schuell's chief executive.
"Schleicher & Schuell's leading position in Germany gives Whatman a significant presence in Europe's largest economy", commented Simon May, Vice Chairman of Whatman plc, when the proposed acquisition was announceed to Schleicher & Schuell's employees.
- Schleicher & Schuell
GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company , and Whatman plc announced that they have reached agreement on the terms of a recommended acquisition of Whatman by GE Healthcare. Under the terms of the transaction, each Whatman shareholder will receive 270 pence in cash for each Whatman ... more
Whatman plc announced that the full review of the integration programme for Whatman and Schleicher & Schuell (S&S) has been completed, following the acquisition of S&S on 1 December 2004. As a consequence, the following exceptional charges will be recorded in the accounts of Whatman for the ... more
As of November 30, 2004 Whatman will purchase Schleicher & Schuell MicroScience GmbH, Schleicher & Schuell BioScience GmbH and Schleicher & Schuell GmbH for 50.2 million Euro and including an estimated net debt on completion of Euro 4.4 million. Hahnemühle FineArt GmbH as well as DIA-Niels ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- 3Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- 4Goodbye to sunburn thanks to Queen's sunburn indicator
- 5Sharper nanoscopy
- 6Mettler-Toledo's TDL Analyzers Receive Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation & Leadership
- 7Bio-marker set forms the basis for new blood test to detect colorectal cancer
- 8Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 9Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 10Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- Genevac Consolidate Evaporator & Freeze Dryer Operations In Germany
- Roche strengthens oncology translational research pipeline by acquiring CAPP ...
- Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring ...
- INTEGRA Biosciences Opens German Subsidiary