GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company announced that it has completed the acquisition of Whatman plc, a global supplier of filtration products and technologies. The acquisition expands GE Healthcare's offering for life science research and biopharmaceutical manufacturing. GE H ... more
Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
12-11-2004: As of November 30, 2004 Whatman will purchase Schleicher & Schuell MicroScience GmbH, Schleicher & Schuell BioScience GmbH and Schleicher & Schuell GmbH for 50.2 million Euro and including an estimated net debt on completion of Euro 4.4 million.
Hahnemühle FineArt GmbH as well as DIA-Nielsen MircoTech GmbH, remain outside this transaction and will continue to work as independent companies.
Whatman plc, headquartered in London, will be in a stronger growth position with the acquisition of Schleicher & Schuell's MicroScience and Bioscience business centers.
With the addition of around 40 % of sales from Schleicher & Schuell, the enlarged group will have a combined share of approximately 16 % of the global LabSciences sector, making it the clear No. 3 in the industry and enhancing its competitive position against the sector leaders, Millipore and Pall Corporation. The remainder of the sector below these three major groups is more fragmented.
"Whatman has approached us because of our high-quality products and the company's excellent reputation in the market. We expect that employees and customers of both companies will benefit from this proposed merger," said Dr. Werner Specht, Schleicher & Schuell's chief executive.
"Schleicher & Schuell's leading position in Germany gives Whatman a significant presence in Europe's largest economy", commented Simon May, Vice Chairman of Whatman plc, when the proposed acquisition was announceed to Schleicher & Schuell's employees.
GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company , and Whatman plc announced that they have reached agreement on the terms of a recommended acquisition of Whatman by GE Healthcare. Under the terms of the transaction, each Whatman shareholder will receive 270 pence in cash for each Whatman ... more
Whatman plc announced that the full review of the integration programme for Whatman and Schleicher & Schuell (S&S) has been completed, following the acquisition of S&S on 1 December 2004. As a consequence, the following exceptional charges will be recorded in the accounts of Whatman for the ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Almost as sensitive as a dog's nose
- 3Three-dimensional model of bacterium
- 4Raman keeps lipstick evidence in the bag
- 5Do you want to know how much caffeine is in your drink?
- 6Breakthrough in DNA editing technology
- 73D IR images now in full color
- 8PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 9‘Forensic fingers’ for crime scene investigation
- 10Raman pixel by pixel
- Evonik and LanzaTech working on bio-processed precursors for specialty plastics
- Roche and Molecular Partners enter into alliance
- Merck’s new spin-off to focus on infertility treatment
- CHEMIE.DE gives technological support for the launch of a food and beverages ...
- Anton Paar GmbH acquires CSM Instruments