SI Analytics products will continue to be developed and manufactured with the same high quality and innovation from the existing manufacturing site in Mainz. SI Analytics is busy developing the next generation of new products, to best serve its customers in the chemical, pharmaceutical, foo ... more
Green light for SCHOTT AGAdvisory board and foundation commissioner approve change to stock corporation
At its meeting today the SCHOTT GLAS advisory board approved the transfer of the foundation enterprise into the legal form of a German stock corporation (Aktiengesellschaft). The advisory board, which includes both representatives of the Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung and also elected representatives of the workforce, came to this decision unanimously. On the basis of the advisory board's decision Tilman Todenhöfer, the Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung Foundation Commissioner, also approved the conversion to an AG.
Following the decision of the Federal High Court in a legal action concerning a previous change to the Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung statute a further important milestone in the reform of the foundation has been reached with the decisions of the advisory board and foundation commissioner.
"With the advisory board's decision the road to SCHOTT AG is finally clear," said Todenhöfer. To which Chairman of the Board Dr. Udo Ungeheuer added: "We are finally to achieve an internationally recognized legal form that will improve our strategic competitive position."
Currently the two foundation enterprises Carl Zeiss and SCHOTT GLAS are still run as legally interdependent business of the Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung. The Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung is as a result the only direct corporate foundation remaining in Germany and of a type not known in international legal dealings. The transfer of SCHOTT GLAS into a legally independent stock corporation will also result in the dissolution of its joint liability with its sister company Carl Zeiss (Oberkochen).
The conversion of SCHOTT GLAS into a stock corporation is set to be recorded in the commercial register in the middle of May after approval by the Administration of the Foundation. As plans stand at present the conversion is set to come into force in July 2004 .
The Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung will hold all the shares in SCHOTT AG. Listing on the stock market is thus not a possibility.
- Carl Zeiss
As of July 1st, the Mainz-based company previously known as SCHOTT GLAS is a stock corporation (AG). With its entry into the Mainz trade register as "SCHOTT AG," the conversion process is now complete. The Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung (Foundation) shall remain the sole stockholder of SCHOTT AG. St ... more
- 1analytica 2016: Record number of exhibitors thanks to 6.5 percent increase
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3analytica 2016: Key platform for upcoming scientists
- 4SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 5Electronic device detects molecules linked to cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
- 6Laboratory of the future at analytica in Munich in the present
- 7Eurofins reinforces its environment testing footprint with the acquisition of EAC Corp. in Japan
- 8Beijing Higher Court rules in favor of Merck Millipore in patent infringement case
- 9The latest technologies in food and plastics analysis, bioanalysis and genetic analysis
- 10Device may provide rapid diagnosis of bacterial infections