Biocartis Group announces Herman Verrelst as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO), effective as of August 2017. Herman is a seasoned executive and serial entrepreneur with a proven international commercial track-record in molecular diagnostics. Herman currently holds the position of Vice P ... more
MRC Technology and Biocartis initiate development of liquid biopsy test for breast cancer
MRC Technology and Biocartis Group NV announced a partnership to develop selected molecular diagnostic tests for use on Biocartis' fully automated Idylla(TM) platform. MRCT aims to move promising medical research forward into patient treatments and diagnostics and has been involved in helping deliver a number of therapies.
Under the terms of the agreement, Biocartis and MRCT will jointly develop selected molecular diagnostic tests for use on the fully automated Idylla(TM) platform. For each selected test, MRCT will act as a development contractor, whereas Biocartis will be responsible for the commercialization of the tests under its own label. Financial details of the partnership are not disclosed.
The first test to be developed under the partnership is a liquid biopsy test aimed at monitoring of metastatic breast cancer patients for resistance to hormone therapy. This is an important first step in the breast cancer menu that Biocartis is developing, and has a clear strategic fit within the Company's focus on liquid biopsy testing.
- liquid biopsy
- breast cancer
- diagnostic tests
Merck announced that it has signed a collaboration agreement with Biocartis for the development and commercialization of a new liquid biopsy RAS biomarker test for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC). The test will be developed on Biocartis’ innovative, fully automated molecul ... more
Biocartis and Fast-track diagnostics announced that they have entered into a strategic collaboration to develop a range of multiplex infectious disease tests to run on the Biocartis Idylla™ system. Biocartis and Fast-track diagnostics plan to collaborate on a new approach to infectious dise ... more
- 1Symcel secures €3.6 million Horizon 2020 Phase II grant
- 2Scientists capture colliding organic nanoparticles on video for first time
- 3Clever use of mirrors boosts performance of light-sheet microscope
- 4Computer program finds new uses for old drugs
- 5New imaging technique peers inside living cells
- 6Watching atoms move in hybrid perovskite crystals reveals clues to improving solar cells
- 7Unexpected finding solves 40-year old cytoskeleton mystery
- 8Revolutionary imaging technique uses CRISPR to map DNA mutations
- 9Water world
- 10Avantor Completes Acquisition of VWR
- MRC Technology and Biocartis initiate development of liquid biopsy test for ...
- IDT and Ubiquitome Partner to Develop Mobile Ebola Test
- Evotec receives first milestone in Roche biomarker collaboration
- Roche and Molecular Partners enter into alliance
- Analytik Jena subsidiary obtained approval for two ELISA-based tests for det ...