Oncodesign announced that French innovation agency, OSEO, will provide more than 40 percent of the funding for the IMAkinib program, aimed at oncology biomarker development. The total cost of the program will be around EUR 24.7 million over eight years. Oncodesign heads the project in colla ... more
Guerbet to double its turnover with the acquisition of Mallinckrodt's contrast media and delivery systems business
Guerbet announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement under which it will acquire Mallinckrodt's contrast media and delivery systems business ("CMDS"). With this acquisition, Guerbet aims to create a new global leader in medical imaging.
The pro forma combined sales of Guerbet and the CMDS business were close to €800M in 2014 with a global workforce of around 2,500.
Process and key terms of the acquisition
This competitive acquisition process has been conducted by Guerbet's management under the supervision of Guerbet's Board of Directors and its Strategic Committee. Guerbet has been advised in this process by Lazard and Gide Loyrette Nouel, respectively, as financial and legal advisors. The due diligence has been conducted in collaboration with PwC.
Guerbet is acquiring 100% of the CMDS business including the production sites, the intellectual property rights and the distribution subsidiaries in the various geographical areas, in a transaction valued approximately $270M, entirely paid in cash and financed through term loan facilities syndicated by BNP Paribas.
- contrast media
- 1Next generation of neuroscience tools
- 2Sartorius Campus expands: Official opening of the new manufacturing facility for laboratory instruments
- 3Ultrafast snapshots of relaxing electrons in solids
- 4New method for identifying carbon compounds derived from fossil fuels
- 5A spectroscopic 'science camera' system for smartphones
- 6Liquid cats, disgust for cheese and reversed genitalia
- 7How does a cell maintain its identity during replication?
- 8New genetic cause discovered for photosensitive blood disorder
- 9Transplanted hearts reveals risk gene for cardiovascular disease
- 10Toxic chemicals in building materials even in "green housing"
- Enterome and Nestlé Health Science launch new diagnostics company
- The birth of the brightest red glowing protein
- Eurofins acquisition of Agro-Analyses
- Thermal microscopy of single cells
- Guerbet to double its turnover with the acquisition of Mallinckrodt's contrast media and delivery systems business