Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A) and Multiplicom N.V. today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement under which Agilent will acquire Multiplicom, a European diagnostics company with state-of-the-art genetic testing technology and products. Multiplicom, headquartered in Niel ... more
Agilent Technologies Opens Regional Applications and Training Center for Bio-analytical Instruments in South KoreaFirst Clean Room for Agilent in South Asia Pacific
Agilent Technologies Inc. opened a new Customer Applications and Training Center in South Korea, showcasing its latest bio-analytical instruments. The company’s goal is to collaborate with customers to develop new applications and methodologies for research in the agriculture, environment and semiconductor industries. The center will also help train chemists and engineers in the South Asia and Pacific region on the use of cutting-edge spectroscopy and mass-spectrometry instruments and technologies.
Unique to the center is a clean room designed for engineers, chemists and other scientists in the semiconductor industry to conduct tests and studies of materials using Agilent’s latest atomic and molecular spectroscopy instruments. This Class1000-certified clean room is maintained to ensure a very low level of environmental pollutants such as dust, airborne microbes, aerosol particles and chemical vapors, specifically less than 1,000 such particles per cubic foot.
“South Korea is an important market for Agilent,” said Dr. Chai-Hock Teng, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Chemical Analysis Group in South Korea and the South Asia Pacific region. “The country is home to some of the world’s top electronics manufacturers, major Asian and international pharmaceutical and chemical firms, as well as other industrial giants. To better support our customers as they grow and push the boundaries of science, we have established the Agilent Customer Applications and Training Center to offer collaboration and training programs.
- Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that Dr. Rohit Bhargava has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of his pioneering work in the development of infrared spectroscopic imaging, and its application to life sciences research. Dr. Bhargava is a founder professor of bioengin ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. and Transcriptic Inc. have agreed to partner their technologies to provide a solution for convenient, broad scale synthetic and discovery biology research. Agilent continues its strong program of fostering innovation using the Agilent portfolio by collaborating wit ... more
- 1Bacterial protein structure could aid development of new antibiotics
- 2China develops world's brightest VUV free electron laser research facility
- 3Merck opens production facility exclusively for meglumine in Spain
- 4'5-D protein fingerprinting' could give insights into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- 5Crybaby: The vitamins in your tears
- 6The computer as microscope
- 7'Mysterious' non-protein-coding RNAs play important roles in gene expression
- 8Nanoscale view of energy storage
- 9World's first total-body PET scanner takes a big step forward
- Researchers develop a control algorithm for more accurate lab-on-a-chip devices
- KAIST made great improvements of nanogenerator power efficiency
- Metabolically engineered E. coli producing phenol
- Developing microbial cell factories by employing synthetic small RNAs
- Do you want to know how much caffeine is in your drink?