Agilent Technologies Opens Regional Applications and Training Center for Bio-analytical Instruments in South Korea
First Clean Room for Agilent in South Asia Pacific
10-09-2012: Agilent Technologies Inc. opened a new Customer Applications and Training Center in South Korea, showcasing its latest bio-analytical instruments. The company’s goal is to collaborate with customers to develop new applications and methodologies for research in the agriculture, environment and semiconductor industries. The center will also help train chemists and engineers in the South Asia and Pacific region on the use of cutting-edge spectroscopy and mass-spectrometry instruments and technologies.
Unique to the center is a clean room designed for engineers, chemists and other scientists in the semiconductor industry to conduct tests and studies of materials using Agilent’s latest atomic and molecular spectroscopy instruments. This Class1000-certified clean room is maintained to ensure a very low level of environmental pollutants such as dust, airborne microbes, aerosol particles and chemical vapors, specifically less than 1,000 such particles per cubic foot.
“South Korea is an important market for Agilent,” said Dr. Chai-Hock Teng, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Chemical Analysis Group in South Korea and the South Asia Pacific region. “The country is home to some of the world’s top electronics manufacturers, major Asian and international pharmaceutical and chemical firms, as well as other industrial giants. To better support our customers as they grow and push the boundaries of science, we have established the Agilent Customer Applications and Training Center to offer collaboration and training programs.
- 1The shadow of a disease
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Bibby Scientific Ltd acquires PCRmax Ltd
- 4LGC rebrands reference standards
- 5A Breakthrough in Electron Microscopy
- 6Merck to Acquire Sigma-Aldrich to Enhance Position in Attractive Life Science Industry
- 7VWR International, LLC Signs Agreement to Acquire Peqlab Biotechnologie GmbH
- 8Gilson announces the acquisition of Armen
- 9Perten Instruments and Newport Scientific announce distribution agreement for the Nordic countries
- 10LGC extends forensic and paternity DNA operations into Europe