Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that Koh Boon Hwee has been elected chairman of the board, effective at the end of today’s shareholders’ meeting. Koh, who has been a member of Agilent’s board since 2003, replaces James G. Cullen, who served as chairman since 2005 and will continue as a ... more
Agilent Technologies Opens Regional Applications and Training Center for Bio-analytical Instruments in South KoreaFirst Clean Room for Agilent in South Asia Pacific
Agilent Technologies Inc. opened a new Customer Applications and Training Center in South Korea, showcasing its latest bio-analytical instruments. The company’s goal is to collaborate with customers to develop new applications and methodologies for research in the agriculture, environment and semiconductor industries. The center will also help train chemists and engineers in the South Asia and Pacific region on the use of cutting-edge spectroscopy and mass-spectrometry instruments and technologies.
Unique to the center is a clean room designed for engineers, chemists and other scientists in the semiconductor industry to conduct tests and studies of materials using Agilent’s latest atomic and molecular spectroscopy instruments. This Class1000-certified clean room is maintained to ensure a very low level of environmental pollutants such as dust, airborne microbes, aerosol particles and chemical vapors, specifically less than 1,000 such particles per cubic foot.
“South Korea is an important market for Agilent,” said Dr. Chai-Hock Teng, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Chemical Analysis Group in South Korea and the South Asia Pacific region. “The country is home to some of the world’s top electronics manufacturers, major Asian and international pharmaceutical and chemical firms, as well as other industrial giants. To better support our customers as they grow and push the boundaries of science, we have established the Agilent Customer Applications and Training Center to offer collaboration and training programs.
- Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A) and Multiplicom N.V. today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement under which Agilent will acquire Multiplicom, a European diagnostics company with state-of-the-art genetic testing technology and products. Multiplicom, headquartered in Niel ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that Dr. Rohit Bhargava has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of his pioneering work in the development of infrared spectroscopic imaging, and its application to life sciences research. Dr. Bhargava is a founder professor of bioengin ... more
- 1DURAN Group, WHEATON, and Kimble Unite to Form New Brand
- 2Analysis method of metabolites accurately predicts whether a child has autism
- 3New electron source for materials analysis
- 4Next-gen steel under the microscope
- 5Researchers develop groundbreaking process for creating ultra-selective separation membranes
- 6Optical fingerprint can reveal pollutants in the air
- 7Agilent Technologies Board of Directors elects Koh Boon Hwee as new chairman
- 8Novel nozzle saves crystals
- Detecting early onset of metastatic disease using FAST disc
- New insights into the forms of metal-organic frameworks
- Explaining how 2-D materials break at the atomic level
- Researchers develop a control algorithm for more accurate lab-on-a-chip devices
- KAIST made great improvements of nanogenerator power efficiency