Agilent Technologies Opens Regional Applications and Training Center for Bio-analytical Instruments in South Korea
First Clean Room for Agilent in South Asia Pacific
10-09-2012: Agilent Technologies Inc. opened a new Customer Applications and Training Center in South Korea, showcasing its latest bio-analytical instruments. The company’s goal is to collaborate with customers to develop new applications and methodologies for research in the agriculture, environment and semiconductor industries. The center will also help train chemists and engineers in the South Asia and Pacific region on the use of cutting-edge spectroscopy and mass-spectrometry instruments and technologies.
Unique to the center is a clean room designed for engineers, chemists and other scientists in the semiconductor industry to conduct tests and studies of materials using Agilent’s latest atomic and molecular spectroscopy instruments. This Class1000-certified clean room is maintained to ensure a very low level of environmental pollutants such as dust, airborne microbes, aerosol particles and chemical vapors, specifically less than 1,000 such particles per cubic foot.
“South Korea is an important market for Agilent,” said Dr. Chai-Hock Teng, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Chemical Analysis Group in South Korea and the South Asia Pacific region. “The country is home to some of the world’s top electronics manufacturers, major Asian and international pharmaceutical and chemical firms, as well as other industrial giants. To better support our customers as they grow and push the boundaries of science, we have established the Agilent Customer Applications and Training Center to offer collaboration and training programs.
- 1Nano-sized chip "sniffs out" explosives far better than trained dogs
- 2Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- 5Analytik Jena Closed Third Quarter Below Expectations
- 6Synthesis of structurally pure carbon nanotubes using molecular seeds
- 7SGS appoints new Chief Financial Officer
- 8Mettler Toledo installs Tunable Diode Lasers (TDLs) where no TDLs have gone before
- 9Bochem Increasingly Using New Media
- 10DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation systems
- Messe München International takes over one of India's leading trade fairs fo ...
- A new ISO 9001:2008 for Altmann Analytik by TÜV Süd
- DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation sy ...
- Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- Bochem Increasingly Using New Media