The ZEISS Group had a very successful end to the first six months of fiscal year 2016/17 (ended 31 March) and saw its revenue rise by 10 percent to EUR 2.550 billion (1st half of 2015/16: EUR 2.322 billion). At EUR 384 million, the earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) were significantly ... more
Carl Zeiss Opens New Assembly and Demo Center in IndiaNew assembly and demo center for Industrial metrology opened
Carl Zeiss opened a new assembly and demo center for Industrial Metrology in Ban- galore, India. "The opening of this new center enables us to manufacturer our coordinate measuring machines (CMM) directly on site for a market with major potential. We can react more quickly to the needs of our customers and will be able to expand our market position," says Dr. Rainer Ohnheiser, President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Industrial Measuring Technology.
The Tech Center there allows Industrial Metrology to offer its customers additional services such as demos, training, contract programing, contract measurements and a service hotline.
Industrial Metrology has been active in India since 1975. After entering the market through a coope- ration with Empire Machine Tools, the first sales office opened in Bangalore in 1997, followed by three tech centers in Bangalore (2008), Pune (2010) and Chennai (2012).
- Carl Zeiss
A new agreement between the Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology (IGB) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and ZEISS has named the Core Facilities at IGB as an official ZEISS labs@location Partner. The model facility will allow researchers from around the U.S. to test-d ... more
The patent protects a special aphakic intraocular lens (IOL), with which light can be focused on three focal points (near, intermediate and distance vision). The patented trifocal lens reduces the impact of pupil shrinkage and lens eccentricity. VSY Biotechnology BV and its exclusive suppli ... more
- 1Insight into enzyme's 3-D structure could cut biofuel costs
- 2Sensors detect disease markers in breath
- 3Plasmon-powered upconversion nanocrystals for enhanced bioimaging and polarized emission
- 4Taking a closer look at genetic switches in cancer
- 5A fresh look inside the protein nano-machines
- 6The stickiness of molecules
- 7Discovery of a key regulatory gene in cardiac valve formation
- House-warming of the new Elementar headquarters
- Recognized for Excellence in China: Analytik Jena Fares Well at a Trade Conf ...
- Bruker acquires light sheet microscopy company Luxendo
- DKSH extends partnership with LAUDA to Singapore and Taiwan
- PerkinElmer completes sale of medical imaging business to Varex Imaging
- analytica Anacon India and India Lab Expo 2016 in the starting blocks
- Analytik Jena Establishes Subsidiary in India
- Messe München International takes over one of India's leading trade fairs for laboratory technology
- Evotec to realign Discovery Chemistry Operations
- Frost & Sullivan: Automation will represent the next step for biobanks