Carl Zeiss Meditec AG has brought financial year 2015/16 to a successful close with further growth: Revenue increased by 4.6 percent (adjusted for currency effects: 2.7 percent) to €1,088.4m. Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) rose to €154.3m (prior year: €130.6m). The EBIT margin in ... more
Carl Zeiss Opens New Assembly and Demo Center in IndiaNew assembly and demo center for Industrial metrology opened
Carl Zeiss opened a new assembly and demo center for Industrial Metrology in Ban- galore, India. "The opening of this new center enables us to manufacturer our coordinate measuring machines (CMM) directly on site for a market with major potential. We can react more quickly to the needs of our customers and will be able to expand our market position," says Dr. Rainer Ohnheiser, President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Industrial Measuring Technology.
The Tech Center there allows Industrial Metrology to offer its customers additional services such as demos, training, contract programing, contract measurements and a service hotline.
Industrial Metrology has been active in India since 1975. After entering the market through a coope- ration with Empire Machine Tools, the first sales office opened in Bangalore in 1997, followed by three tech centers in Bangalore (2008), Pune (2010) and Chennai (2012).
- Carl Zeiss
ZEISS will support innovative research projects at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, abbr. EPFL). The company will make one million euros available for new research projects in key technology fields such as biomedical research, ... more
In August 2016, Carl Zeiss Meditec consolidated its ophthalmic diagnostic and surgical business into a single Strategic Business Unit (SBU) Global Ophthalmic Devices headed by Jim Mazzo. ZEISS announces that the Global Sales organization for the newly consolidated SBU, comprised of Surgical ... more
- 1Tecan appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business division
- 2Catching CRISPR in action
- 3Laser metronome achieves record synchronization
- 4A glimpse into the workings of the baby brain
- 5Bacterial protein structure could aid development of new antibiotics
- 6'Mysterious' non-protein-coding RNAs play important roles in gene expression
- 7Crybaby: The vitamins in your tears
- analytica Anacon India and India Lab Expo 2016 in the starting blocks
- Analytik Jena Establishes Subsidiary in India
- Messe München International takes over one of India's leading trade fairs for laboratory technology
- Evotec to realign Discovery Chemistry Operations
- Frost & Sullivan: Automation will represent the next step for biobanks