In the year 1846 Carl Zeiss founded the Optical Workshop in Jena which was the beginning of the industrial production of analytical instruments worldwide. In 1963 Carl Zeiss Jena introduced the spectrophotometer SPECORD® that succeeded the Pulfrich photometer first presented in 1924. Even i ... more
Analytik Jena Presents Good 9-Month Figures and Reiterates Full-year Outlook
10-08-2012: After nine months of the current financial year, Analytik Jena AG has posted revenue growth of 7.6% and a 29.4% jump in operating profit. The manufacturer of laboratory, bioanalytical and analytical measuring technology generated consolidated revenue of EUR 68.4 m in the reporting period (previous year: EUR 63.6 m) as well as earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) of EUR 4.4 m (previous year: EUR 3.4 m). With net profit for the period of EUR 2.4 m (previous year: EUR 0.6 m) and earnings per share of EUR 0.39 (previous year: EUR 0.09), the Company improved its results after the third quarter significantly in comparison with the previous year. For 2012 as a whole, Analytik Jena continues to expect revenue between EUR 91.0 m and EUR 93.0 m and operating profit exceeding EUR 6.0 m. In the previous year, the Group turned over EUR 86.3 m and generated EUR 5.0 m operationally.
"With this solid performance after nine months, we are on track to hit our revenue and return targets for the 2011/2012 financial year", said Klaus Berka, CEO of Analytik Jena AG. "On the basis of growth in all three operating segments, we expect to achieve a new revenue record by the end of the financial year."
AJ Roboscreen recently obtained the approval for two new assays for screening of swine sera for PRRSV (porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus) antibodies and for evaluation. The new ELISA-based tests differentiate into PRRSV Type I (Europe-Type) and Type II (North America-Type) ... more
Analytik Jena AG's company museum presents the history of analytical measuring technology in Jena to visitors, customers, business partners and interested guests over 70 square meters, and showcases the continuation of instrument development at Analytik Jena up to the present day. More than ... more
mercur is a compact system specially optimized for the complete, cost-efficient determination of mercury traces down to the ng level more
The contrAA® series of Analytik Jena exceeds the performance of conventional AA spectrometers in all parameters more
The multi EA® 5000 from Analytik Jena sets high standards in the multi-element analysis of C, N, S, Cl as well as TOC and AOX/TOX. Its double furnace more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Almost as sensitive as a dog's nose
- 3Three-dimensional model of bacterium
- 4Raman keeps lipstick evidence in the bag
- 5Do you want to know how much caffeine is in your drink?
- 6Breakthrough in DNA editing technology
- 73D IR images now in full color
- 8PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 9‘Forensic fingers’ for crime scene investigation
- 10Raman pixel by pixel
- Leica SR GSD 3D Super-Resolution Microscope Voted Among Top 10 Innovations 2013 for Laboratories and Research
- Merck’s new spin-off to focus on infertility treatment
- AMSilk founder receives DECHEMA Award
- CHEMIE.DE gives technological support for the launch of a food and beverages internet portal
- UV-sensors from the oven