A team of researchers from Roche, including scientists from Roche Pharma Research and Early Development and Roche NimbleGen, reported in Genome Research that they have generated the first draft genome sequence of the cynomolgus monkey (Macaca fascicularis) and developed a novel microarray d ... more
SynenTec To Take Over Roche Cellavista System
Roche and SynenTec announced that Roche will transfer its Cellavista business to SynenTec, the German company which is the original inventor of the Cellavista System. This agreement was made as a result of the Roche Applied Science decision to focus its business, and guarantees future optimal support and development of the technology for its customers.
The Cellavista Imaging System for noninvasively measuring cell expansion uses brightfield and fluorescence detection with multiwell plates, chamber slides or RoboFlasks, for a broad range of cellular applications in cell line development, cellular research and drug discovery.
“It is very important that we ensure uninterrupted support for our customers. We have found the ideal match in SynenTec”, said Dan Zabrowski, Head of Roche Applied Science.
“This acquisition adds significant value for Cellavista customers by enabling them to directly discuss their requirements and needs with the developer of the system,” says Matthias Pirsch, CEO of SynenTec.
Over the last years, SynenTec collaborated with Roche in cell imaging, and was closely involved in the development, service and support of Cellavista Systems. With the business transfer SynenTec will take on worldwide distribution of Cellavista Systems, as well as providing application support and service. Roche will remain the primary contact partner for all support needs for Cellavista Systems delivered by Roche or Innovatis over a transition phase until SynenTec assumes full responsibility on June 01, 2013.
- cell analysis
The xCELLigence RTCA System of Roche is being used in the European Union’s DETECTIVE ("Detection of endpoints and biomarkers for repeated dose toxicity using in vitro systems”) Project, a joint study funded by the European Cosmetics Association (Colipa) and the European Commission, where Ro ... more
Transfection of cells is one of the main techniques used to influence gene expression. Most primary cells and human skeletal myoblasts (SkMC) in particular are very difficult to transfect, whereas for cell lines such as C2C12, many suitable transfection reagents and protocols are available. ... more
The main focus in proteomic studies is on the identification of proteins in given biological samples. Proteins isolated and separated from a given sample (e.g., whole cell lysates, blood or tissue, protein complexes) by immunoprecipitation or affinit more
One of the most interesting aspects of real-time PCR based on detection of fluorophoric-labeled oligonucleotides, such as Hydrolysis probes, and Molecular Beacons, is the possibility of being able to detect conveniently multiple targets in the same PCR reaction (multiplex PCR). Ideally, a ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 3Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- 4Goodbye to sunburn thanks to Queen's sunburn indicator
- 5Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 6Sharper nanoscopy
- 7Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- 8Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 9Mettler-Toledo's TDL Analyzers Receive Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation & Leadership
- 10Extensive Proteomics Research Strengthens the Uptake for Protein Purification Kits in Europe
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech acquires UK-based CRO, BioOutsource
- Genevac Consolidate Evaporator & Freeze Dryer Operations In Germany
- Roche strengthens oncology translational research pipeline by acquiring CAPP ...
- Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring ...