SynenTec To Take Over Roche Cellavista System
03-08-2012: Roche and SynenTec announced that Roche will transfer its Cellavista business to SynenTec, the German company which is the original inventor of the Cellavista System. This agreement was made as a result of the Roche Applied Science decision to focus its business, and guarantees future optimal support and development of the technology for its customers.
The Cellavista Imaging System for noninvasively measuring cell expansion uses brightfield and fluorescence detection with multiwell plates, chamber slides or RoboFlasks, for a broad range of cellular applications in cell line development, cellular research and drug discovery.
“It is very important that we ensure uninterrupted support for our customers. We have found the ideal match in SynenTec”, said Dan Zabrowski, Head of Roche Applied Science.
“This acquisition adds significant value for Cellavista customers by enabling them to directly discuss their requirements and needs with the developer of the system,” says Matthias Pirsch, CEO of SynenTec.
Over the last years, SynenTec collaborated with Roche in cell imaging, and was closely involved in the development, service and support of Cellavista Systems. With the business transfer SynenTec will take on worldwide distribution of Cellavista Systems, as well as providing application support and service. Roche will remain the primary contact partner for all support needs for Cellavista Systems delivered by Roche or Innovatis over a transition phase until SynenTec assumes full responsibility on June 01, 2013.
- cell analysis
- 1The shadow of a disease
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Merck to Acquire Sigma-Aldrich to Enhance Position in Attractive Life Science Industry
- 4A Breakthrough in Electron Microscopy
- 5Bibby Scientific Ltd acquires PCRmax Ltd
- 6LGC rebrands reference standards
- 7Analytik Jena Closes Acquisition of Bruker's ICP-MS Business and Begins Integration Process
- 8Gilson announces the acquisition of Armen
- 9Merck Millipore and VWR Extend Western European Distribution Agreement
- 10LGC extends forensic and paternity DNA operations into Europe