Reinnervate announced it has signed agreements with seven new European distributors for the non-exclusive distribution of alvetex®, its 3D cell culture technology.These agreements mark a significant expansion of reinnervate’s distribution network. Under the terms of the new agreements, alve ... more
Top award for 3D cell culture pioneer, Stefan Przyborski, of Reinnervate Ltd
Prof Stefan Przyborski, CSO and founder of Reinnervate Ltd, has been recognised with a top award from the Royal Society of Chemistry.
The Rita and John Cornforth award 2012 recognises Prof. Przyborski’s leadership and inter-disciplinary work at the boundaries of physical chemistry and biology, developing Alvetex® Scaffold for three dimensional (3D) cell culture.
For the last 10 years, Prof. Przyborski’s work at the University of Durham and as CSO of Reinnervate Ltd, has lead to the development and commercialisation of solutions for scientists who wish to culture cells in a way that better mimics the in-vivo growth of cells. Under Stefan’s leadership, the scientific team at Reinnervate are now providing the global scientific community with Alvetex® Scaffold 3D cell culture protocols and application guides in areas such as 3D cancer cell biology, stem cell science, in-vitro skin modelling and 3D liver cell toxicity testing.
- cell cultures
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- cell culture technology
- cell cultivation
Scientists in Canada and the United States have developed a chip sensor for monitoring how drug candidates alter amyloid-β peptide aggregation that they hope could be used to find new treatments for Alzheimer’s disease. Research into Alzheimer’s disease has shown that the self-aggregation o ... more
Scientists in the UK have developed a new class of MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) agents that promise to deliver clearer images more quickly. Chemical shifts from proton NMR normally fall between 0-12ppm, but water and fat resonate at 4.7 and 1.3ppm respectively, causing noise that can ov ... more
Scientists in China have developed a simple microchip that enables quick and inexpensive high-throughput screening of potential drug candidates in 3D cell cultures. Scientists often use cell-based high-throughput screening in the first stage of drug design as a technique to quickly identify ... more
Conference30-08 – 01-09
This meeting aims to set the agenda for the surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) field for the next 10 years, by bringing the community together to welcome in new emerging priority areas and embracing the diversity of approaches and disciplines which are contributing to the growth and u ... more
- 1Taking a closer look at genetic switches in cancer
- 2Plasmon-powered upconversion nanocrystals for enhanced bioimaging and polarized emission
- 3A fresh look inside the protein nano-machines
- 4Water is surprisingly ordered on the nanoscale
- 5Discovery of a key regulatory gene in cardiac valve formation
- 6Safe medications thanks to new test procedures
- 7Competition among pathogens
- Agilent Technologies Receives Multiple Awards at Scientific Conference in China
- Innovationsstarter Fonds Hamburg and High-Tech Gründerfonds are investing to ...
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG wins patent infringement action on trifocal intraocula ...
- Zika virus test receives FDA emergency use authorization
- Agilent Technologies launches new platform for analyzing cell-free DNA