Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. and Belgium-based nanoelectronics research center imec announced a multi-year research collaboration focused on the development of advanced microchips for highly multiplexed single molecule genetic analysis. This research and development project will ... more
Pacific Biosciences and Imec Announce Collaboration to Develop Advanced Microchips for Single Molecule Sequencing Applications
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. and Belgium-based nanoelectronics research center imec announced a multi-year research collaboration focused on the development of advanced microchips for highly multiplexed single molecule genetic analysis. This research and development project will build on Pacific Biosciences’ proprietary zero-mode waveguide (ZMW) technology and imec’s expertise in nanophotonics, CMOS sensors, technology integration and fabrication.
“From our inception we have been committed to exploiting the potential of the unique capabilities of our ZMW-based Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT®) analysis technology to drive innovation in the life sciences,” said Michael Hunkapiller, President and Chief Executive Officer of Pacific Biosciences. “The goal of this collaboration is to harness the power of microchips to scale the capacity and throughput of our SMRT technology. We look forward to working with imec on this advanced development program as we continue to expand the application space for our platform.”
Developing tiny probes for research and brain-related medical applications – that is the goal of the project NeuroSeeker, launched in February 2013 with a kick-off event in Leuven. The interdisciplinary project pools the expertise of ten partner institutions from Europe and Canada. The Univ ... more
Pepric, a spin-off of imec, successfully concluded a EURO 1.4 million capital round. Pepric develops and commercializes equipment for quantitative molecular detection and imaging to monitor biological processes evolving slowly over time.In other words, Pepric will develop equipment similar ... more
At the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference (EMBC) in Buenos Aires (Argentina), imec and its project partners announce the launch of the European Seventh Framework Project MIRACLE. The MIRACLE project aims at developing an operational lab-on-chip for the isolation and detection of ... more
- 1Seeing DNA 'blink'
- 2System automatically detects cracks in nuclear power plants
- 3New window into the nanoworld
- 4'Lossless' metamaterial could boost efficiency of lasers and other light-based devices
- 5Molecular phenomenon discovered by advanced NMR facility
- 6Resolutions of the Sartorius Supervisory Board
- 7Discovery of a new gene critical in the development of lung and pancreatic cancers
- Siemens and Biogen cooperate
- Agilent and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology
- NovogeneAIT Singapore and the Genome Institute of Singapore forge Public-Pri ...
- Corporate Partnership of Bruker and International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN)
- ZEISS and EPFL begin long-term research collaboration