Malvern Instruments Ltd has announced that it has completed the acquisition of MicroCal from GE Healthcare Life Sciences and has also purchased the Archimedes particle characterization system from Affinity Biosensors LLC (Santa Barbara, CA). Both of these developments extend Malvern’s portf ... more
ISO recognition for Quality Management Systems at Malvern Instruments US headquarters
The Quality Management Systems in place at the Westborough MA headquarters of Malvern Instruments Inc., Malvern’s US subsidiary, have been awarded ISO9001:2008 certification. This certification recognizes the US company’s supply, support and installation of materials characterization systems and associated equipment, and extends to the provision of associated services for sample analysis, application, advice and customer training.
Paying tribute to the hard work of the teams at Westborough, Brian Dutko, President of Malvern’s Americas Operation, said, “Malvern is recognized throughout the world for the quality of its products and services, so I am delighted that at the US headquarters we have gained this important public recognition for the services we provide here. I’d like to thank everyone for their continued dedication and support in achieving and maintaining the high standards that our customers expect.”
Paul Walker, Managing Director of Malvern Instruments, confirmed the company’s commitment to quality. “At Malvern Instruments’ global headquarters in the UK, the center of our manufacturing and commercial operations, we regard ISO certification as essential in demonstrating the quality and competence of our systems. It gives me great pleasure to see our subsidiary operations also gaining that important recognition.”
Malvern Instruments Ltd. announced that it has entered into an agreement with GE Healthcare Life Sciences to acquire the company’s MicroCal™ microcalorimetry business. Financial terms were not disclosed. The acquisition, which is subject to regulatory approvals, is expected to complete i ... more
NanoSight Ltd have been acquired by Malvern Instruments Ltd (Malvern, UK). The acquisition was completed on 30th September 2013. NanoSight has developed and commercialized a unique and patented technology, Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA). The company’s instrumentation and software enab ... more
Polyethylene and Polypropylene are so-called Polyolefins. They are produced in large amounts every year. Depending on the process and catalyst used linear or branched polymers can be produced. In case of e. g. Polyethylene there are at least three polymer types: HDPE (High Density Polytheyl ... more
Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) is an established technique in the field of protein crystallography. DLS is used to measure hydrodynamic sizes, polydispersities and aggregation effects of protein samples. These are important parameters for the crystallisation of proteins. DLS is also used in ... more
Fully automated particle size measurement technology integrated with existing plant control platforms for ease of use has the potential to deliver numerous benefits. At plants where a switch to on-line analysis has been made it is frequently easier or possible to: more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Detecting chemical weapons with a color-changing film
- 3Scientists get first glimpse of a chemical bond being born
- 4Eurofins acquires BioDiagnostics, Inc.
- 5LGC rebrands reference standards
- 6Live broadcast from inside the nerve cell
- 7Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 8Adulterated foods investigated: modern analytical methods verify that foods are genuine
- 9Tattoo-like sensor can detect glucose levels without a painful finger prick
- 10First-ever view of protein structure may lead to better anxiety drugs
- Trinean to be awarded ISO 9001:2008 certification
- Beckman Coulter Genomics Receives Accreditation from College of American Pat ...
- Spinnovation Analytical receives GMP certification for testing drug substanc ...
- Levels of pyrrolizidine alkaloids in herbal teas and teas are too high
- The REACH regulation as an effective way of regulating nanomaterials