Shimadzu UK Ltd is continuing the company’s programme of investment in the molecular and atomic spectroscopy markets by appointing Andy Winn as a Product Specialist for atomic absorption (AA), inductively coupled plasma (ICP) and total organic carbon (TOC) in Shimadzu UK’s Spectroscopy Grou ... more
Shimadzu UK strengthens focus on molecular and atomic spectroscopy with new specialist recruit
20-07-2012: Shimadzu UK Ltd is continuing the company’s programme of investment in the molecular and atomic spectroscopy markets by appointing Andy Winn as a Product Specialist for atomic absorption (AA), inductively coupled plasma (ICP) and total organic carbon (TOC) in Shimadzu UK’s Spectroscopy Group.
Winn, who has an enviable reputation for developing close customer relationships across the spectroscopy market, was formerly with Thermo Fisher Scientific before moving to Varian UK Ltd and Agilent Technologies.
Winn, who brings a wealth of knowledge of AA and ICP techniques, joins Shimadzu at a time of strong growth across all the company’s spectroscopy products.
Winn’s appointment will help Shimadzu UK Ltd to continue to strengthen its position in the UK atomic spectroscopy sector at a time when Shimadzu has created a collaborative agreement with the Civil Engineering department of Loughborough University for ICP applications in environmental and building applications.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc. (SSI) is now offering a new white paper titled “Advantages of LCMS-IT-TOF Mass Spectrometry in Identifying Polymer Additives.” The paper is available for free download at the company’s Web site. Identifying polymer additives is a critical step for produ ... more
Shimadzu has been awarded the 2008 Frost & Sullivan European Mass Spectrometry Product Line Strategy Award. It is presented each year to a company that has demonstrated the most insight into customer needs and product demands. The recipient company should have optimized its product line by ... more
1st July 2006 is an important deadline for the electro- and electronics industries. This date bans hazardous substances like lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium and polybrominated biphenyls and diphenyl ethers from electro- and electronic equipment. This restriction, even though in ... more
Identification of organic pollutants in wastewater is essential for performance evaluation, construction and operation of a wastewater treatment plant. Several parameters are currently used in wastewater analysis applications. The advantages of TOC analyses are apparent especially during co ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Life Technologies Corporation
- 4Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- 7Analytik Jena announces forecast for financial year 2012/2013
- 8Abbott Completes Acquisition of Advanced Medical Optics
- 9Troubling levels of toxic metals found in lipstick
- 10Genzyme Launches New Diagnostic Test for Common Blood Cancer
- Malvern Instruments announces global agreement with Proveris Scientific
- Emphasis on X-ray quality spurs adoption of radiography, finds Frost & Sullivan
- 3-D printer can build synthetic tissues
- New tool for measuring frozen gas in ocean floor sediments
- ZEISS Invests in UK Operations through Expansion of Cambridge Site