Shimadzu announces the completion of the new Quality Center building, which has been under construction at its head office (Sanjo Works) premises since February 2013. The Quality Center has been constructed to improve the quality of products developed and manufactured by Shimadzu. It consol ... more
Shimadzu UK strengthens focus on molecular and atomic spectroscopy with new specialist recruit
20-07-2012: Shimadzu UK Ltd is continuing the company’s programme of investment in the molecular and atomic spectroscopy markets by appointing Andy Winn as a Product Specialist for atomic absorption (AA), inductively coupled plasma (ICP) and total organic carbon (TOC) in Shimadzu UK’s Spectroscopy Group.
Winn, who has an enviable reputation for developing close customer relationships across the spectroscopy market, was formerly with Thermo Fisher Scientific before moving to Varian UK Ltd and Agilent Technologies.
Winn, who brings a wealth of knowledge of AA and ICP techniques, joins Shimadzu at a time of strong growth across all the company’s spectroscopy products.
Winn’s appointment will help Shimadzu UK Ltd to continue to strengthen its position in the UK atomic spectroscopy sector at a time when Shimadzu has created a collaborative agreement with the Civil Engineering department of Loughborough University for ICP applications in environmental and building applications.
Shimadzu has created a new Laboratory World for its customers from all over Europe. The Laboratory World is located at Shimadzu’s European headquarters in Duisburg, Germany. On an area greater than 1,500 m2, testing facilities are available for Shimadzu’s entire product range – from chromat ... more
1st July 2006 is an important deadline for the electro- and electronics industries. This date bans hazardous substances like lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium and polybrominated biphenyls and diphenyl ethers from electro- and electronic equipment. This restriction, even though in ... more
Identification of organic pollutants in wastewater is essential for performance evaluation, construction and operation of a wastewater treatment plant. Several parameters are currently used in wastewater analysis applications. The advantages of TOC analyses are apparent especially during co ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Almost as sensitive as a dog's nose
- 3Three-dimensional model of bacterium
- 4Raman keeps lipstick evidence in the bag
- 5Do you want to know how much caffeine is in your drink?
- 6Breakthrough in DNA editing technology
- 73D IR images now in full color
- 8PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 9‘Forensic fingers’ for crime scene investigation
- 10Raman pixel by pixel
- Sartorius appoints internationally experienced laboratory manager
- ZEISS Executive Board enlarged
- Analytik Jena appoints new managing director at Japanese subsidiary
- Dr. Georg Meissner appointed Managing Director, SPECIM Spectral Imaging Ltd. Oy
- Gerhard Schmitz to join Merck as new Head of Global Accounting