Shimadzu announces the completion of the new Quality Center building, which has been under construction at its head office (Sanjo Works) premises since February 2013. The Quality Center has been constructed to improve the quality of products developed and manufactured by Shimadzu. It consol ... more
Shimadzu UK strengthens focus on molecular and atomic spectroscopy with new specialist recruit
Shimadzu UK Ltd is continuing the company’s programme of investment in the molecular and atomic spectroscopy markets by appointing Andy Winn as a Product Specialist for atomic absorption (AA), inductively coupled plasma (ICP) and total organic carbon (TOC) in Shimadzu UK’s Spectroscopy Group.
Winn, who has an enviable reputation for developing close customer relationships across the spectroscopy market, was formerly with Thermo Fisher Scientific before moving to Varian UK Ltd and Agilent Technologies.
Winn, who brings a wealth of knowledge of AA and ICP techniques, joins Shimadzu at a time of strong growth across all the company’s spectroscopy products.
Winn’s appointment will help Shimadzu UK Ltd to continue to strengthen its position in the UK atomic spectroscopy sector at a time when Shimadzu has created a collaborative agreement with the Civil Engineering department of Loughborough University for ICP applications in environmental and building applications.
- atomic spectroscopy
- molecular spectroscopy
Shimadzu has created a new Laboratory World for its customers from all over Europe. The Laboratory World is located at Shimadzu’s European headquarters in Duisburg, Germany. On an area greater than 1,500 m2, testing facilities are available for Shimadzu’s entire product range – from chromat ... more
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc. (SSI) is now offering a new white paper titled “Advantages of LCMS-IT-TOF Mass Spectrometry in Identifying Polymer Additives.” The paper is available for free download at the company’s Web site. Identifying polymer additives is a critical step for produ ... more
The new compact spectrophotometers enable high-precision spectral analysis of a wide range of samples including organic and inorganic compounds more
Shimadzu, one of the worldwide leading manufacturers in analytical instrumentation, has released a new series of scanning spectropho tometers: the UV-2700, a true double beam double monochromator system and the UV-2600 single monochromator version. The new compact spectrophotometers enable ... more
- 1Siemens and Biogen cooperate
- 2'Mysterious' non-protein-coding RNAs play important roles in gene expression
- 3China develops world's brightest VUV free electron laser research facility
- 4Merck opens production facility exclusively for meglumine in Spain
- 5'5-D protein fingerprinting' could give insights into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- 6Nanoscale view of energy storage
- 7World's first total-body PET scanner takes a big step forward
- 8Gyros Protein Technologies appoints Gerrit van den Dool to Board of Directors
- 9The computer as microscope
- 10WALDNER Laboreinrichtungen extends Management Board
- Gyros Protein Technologies appoints Gerrit van den Dool to Board of Directors
- WALDNER Laboreinrichtungen extends Management Board
- Tecan appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business division
- Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava receives Agilent Thought Leader Award
- Waters Corporation announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer