Shimadzu announces the completion of the new Quality Center building, which has been under construction at its head office (Sanjo Works) premises since February 2013. The Quality Center has been constructed to improve the quality of products developed and manufactured by Shimadzu. It consol ... more
Shimadzu UK strengthens focus on molecular and atomic spectroscopy with new specialist recruit
Shimadzu UK Ltd is continuing the company’s programme of investment in the molecular and atomic spectroscopy markets by appointing Andy Winn as a Product Specialist for atomic absorption (AA), inductively coupled plasma (ICP) and total organic carbon (TOC) in Shimadzu UK’s Spectroscopy Group.
Winn, who has an enviable reputation for developing close customer relationships across the spectroscopy market, was formerly with Thermo Fisher Scientific before moving to Varian UK Ltd and Agilent Technologies.
Winn, who brings a wealth of knowledge of AA and ICP techniques, joins Shimadzu at a time of strong growth across all the company’s spectroscopy products.
Winn’s appointment will help Shimadzu UK Ltd to continue to strengthen its position in the UK atomic spectroscopy sector at a time when Shimadzu has created a collaborative agreement with the Civil Engineering department of Loughborough University for ICP applications in environmental and building applications.
- atomic spectroscopy
- molecular spectroscopy
Shimadzu has created a new Laboratory World for its customers from all over Europe. The Laboratory World is located at Shimadzu’s European headquarters in Duisburg, Germany. On an area greater than 1,500 m2, testing facilities are available for Shimadzu’s entire product range – from chromat ... more
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc. (SSI) is now offering a new white paper titled “Advantages of LCMS-IT-TOF Mass Spectrometry in Identifying Polymer Additives.” The paper is available for free download at the company’s Web site. Identifying polymer additives is a critical step for produ ... more
- 1Insight into enzyme's 3-D structure could cut biofuel costs
- 2Sensors detect disease markers in breath
- 3Plasmon-powered upconversion nanocrystals for enhanced bioimaging and polarized emission
- 4Taking a closer look at genetic switches in cancer
- 5A fresh look inside the protein nano-machines
- 6The stickiness of molecules
- 7Discovery of a key regulatory gene in cardiac valve formation
- Biocartis announces its new CEO
- Analytik Jena Executive Board Member Klaus Berka Steps Down from the Operati ...
- Agilent Technologies Board of Directors elects Koh Boon Hwee as new chairman
- CTO Dr. Attila Bilgic new member of the KROHNE Group Management
- Resolutions of the Sartorius Supervisory Board