Shimadzu has joined forces with the France-based AlsaChim company, an independent contract research and development organization. AlsaChim specializes in stable isotope-labelled compounds, metabolites and pharmaceutical related substances, and analytical purposes. With immediate effect, Shi ... more
Shimadzu UK strengthens focus on molecular and atomic spectroscopy with new specialist recruit
Shimadzu UK Ltd is continuing the company’s programme of investment in the molecular and atomic spectroscopy markets by appointing Andy Winn as a Product Specialist for atomic absorption (AA), inductively coupled plasma (ICP) and total organic carbon (TOC) in Shimadzu UK’s Spectroscopy Group.
Winn, who has an enviable reputation for developing close customer relationships across the spectroscopy market, was formerly with Thermo Fisher Scientific before moving to Varian UK Ltd and Agilent Technologies.
Winn, who brings a wealth of knowledge of AA and ICP techniques, joins Shimadzu at a time of strong growth across all the company’s spectroscopy products.
Winn’s appointment will help Shimadzu UK Ltd to continue to strengthen its position in the UK atomic spectroscopy sector at a time when Shimadzu has created a collaborative agreement with the Civil Engineering department of Loughborough University for ICP applications in environmental and building applications.
- atomic spectroscopy
- molecular spectroscopy
Shimadzu announces the completion of the new Quality Center building, which has been under construction at its head office (Sanjo Works) premises since February 2013. The Quality Center has been constructed to improve the quality of products developed and manufactured by Shimadzu. It consol ... more
Shimadzu has created a new Laboratory World for its customers from all over Europe. The Laboratory World is located at Shimadzu’s European headquarters in Duisburg, Germany. On an area greater than 1,500 m2, testing facilities are available for Shimadzu’s entire product range – from chromat ... more
- 1Potential cause for lupus identified
- 2Peptide complex formed in the brain is responsible for Alzheimer's disease
- 3Why do BRCA1 mutations cause predominantly breast and ovarian cancer?
- 4LUM incorporates subsidiary in the Land of the rising sun
- 5Personalize your medication dosages
- 6The proton precisely weighted
- 2017 WITec Paper Award for Outstanding Scientific Publications
- Waters Corporation elects Flemming Ornskov to Board of Directors
- LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperat ...
- Biocartis announces its new CEO
- Analytik Jena Executive Board Member Klaus Berka Steps Down from the Operati ...
- Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- To be or not to be an academic: the question for all postdocs
- Epigenetic changes at birth could explain later behavior problems
- Nanotechnology reveals hidden depths of bacterial 'machines'