Shimadzu has joined forces with the France-based AlsaChim company, an independent contract research and development organization. AlsaChim specializes in stable isotope-labelled compounds, metabolites and pharmaceutical related substances, and analytical purposes. With immediate effect, Shi ... more
Shimadzu UK strengthens focus on molecular and atomic spectroscopy with new specialist recruit
Shimadzu UK Ltd is continuing the company’s programme of investment in the molecular and atomic spectroscopy markets by appointing Andy Winn as a Product Specialist for atomic absorption (AA), inductively coupled plasma (ICP) and total organic carbon (TOC) in Shimadzu UK’s Spectroscopy Group.
Winn, who has an enviable reputation for developing close customer relationships across the spectroscopy market, was formerly with Thermo Fisher Scientific before moving to Varian UK Ltd and Agilent Technologies.
Winn, who brings a wealth of knowledge of AA and ICP techniques, joins Shimadzu at a time of strong growth across all the company’s spectroscopy products.
Winn’s appointment will help Shimadzu UK Ltd to continue to strengthen its position in the UK atomic spectroscopy sector at a time when Shimadzu has created a collaborative agreement with the Civil Engineering department of Loughborough University for ICP applications in environmental and building applications.
- atomic spectroscopy
- molecular spectroscopy
Shimadzu announces the completion of the new Quality Center building, which has been under construction at its head office (Sanjo Works) premises since February 2013. The Quality Center has been constructed to improve the quality of products developed and manufactured by Shimadzu. It consol ... more
Shimadzu has created a new Laboratory World for its customers from all over Europe. The Laboratory World is located at Shimadzu’s European headquarters in Duisburg, Germany. On an area greater than 1,500 m2, testing facilities are available for Shimadzu’s entire product range – from chromat ... more
- 1Sartorius Campus expands: Official opening of the new manufacturing facility for laboratory instruments
- 2Liquid cats, disgust for cheese and reversed genitalia
- 3Ultrafast snapshots of relaxing electrons in solids
- 4Is the Alzheimer's gene the ring leader or the sidekick?
- 5How does a cell maintain its identity during replication?
- 6New method for identifying carbon compounds derived from fossil fuels
- 7A spectroscopic 'science camera' system for smartphones
- 8Kit will identify genetic variations without need for lab analysis
- 9New dyes detect disease through heartbeat signals
- 10Prediction of nonmetallic half-metallicity
- CCDC Launches The FAIRE Programme to Support International Crystallography
- Unknown virus in ‘throwaway’ DNA discovered
- First observation of the hyperfine splitting in antihydrogen
- Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer