Shimadzu announces the completion of the new Quality Center building, which has been under construction at its head office (Sanjo Works) premises since February 2013. The Quality Center has been constructed to improve the quality of products developed and manufactured by Shimadzu. It consol ... more
Shimadzu UK strengthens focus on molecular and atomic spectroscopy with new specialist recruit
Shimadzu UK Ltd is continuing the company’s programme of investment in the molecular and atomic spectroscopy markets by appointing Andy Winn as a Product Specialist for atomic absorption (AA), inductively coupled plasma (ICP) and total organic carbon (TOC) in Shimadzu UK’s Spectroscopy Group.
Winn, who has an enviable reputation for developing close customer relationships across the spectroscopy market, was formerly with Thermo Fisher Scientific before moving to Varian UK Ltd and Agilent Technologies.
Winn, who brings a wealth of knowledge of AA and ICP techniques, joins Shimadzu at a time of strong growth across all the company’s spectroscopy products.
Winn’s appointment will help Shimadzu UK Ltd to continue to strengthen its position in the UK atomic spectroscopy sector at a time when Shimadzu has created a collaborative agreement with the Civil Engineering department of Loughborough University for ICP applications in environmental and building applications.
- atomic spectroscopy
- molecular spectroscopy
Shimadzu has created a new Laboratory World for its customers from all over Europe. The Laboratory World is located at Shimadzu’s European headquarters in Duisburg, Germany. On an area greater than 1,500 m2, testing facilities are available for Shimadzu’s entire product range – from chromat ... more
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc. (SSI) is now offering a new white paper titled “Advantages of LCMS-IT-TOF Mass Spectrometry in Identifying Polymer Additives.” The paper is available for free download at the company’s Web site. Identifying polymer additives is a critical step for produ ... more
1st July 2006 is an important deadline for the electro- and electronics industries. This date bans hazardous substances like lead, cadmium, mercury, more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2CT scan of Earth links deep mantle plumes with volcanic hotspots
- 3Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- 4Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- 5A quarter of a century: Analytik Jena celebrates
- 6Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 7MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 8Image-tracking technology helps scientists study nature v. nurture in neural stem cells
- 9Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 10Team harnesses intense X-ray beam, observes unusual phenomenon for the first time
- Analytik Jena AG Expands Executive Management Board
- New Head of Marketing Communications and PR at JULABO
- Markus Lusser is new president of Leica Microsystems
- Thomas Bachmann is new Chief Executive Officer of the Eppendorf Group
- Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer