Effective 1 July 2015, the currently four-member Executive Board of Carl Zeiss AG headed by President and CEO Dr. Michael Kaschke will be expanded to include a new member responsible for the Vision Care and Consumer Optics business groups. After the expansion of the Executive Board in Decem ... more
Carl Zeiss Licences Digital Pathology from Olympus
Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH and Olympus America Inc. have signed a nonexclusive worldwide licensing agreement allowing Carl Zeiss to access an extensive portfolio of patents held by Olympus in the field of digital pathology and virtual microscopy. The patents included in the licensing deal cover methods and equipment for creating, storing and delivering virtual microscopy slides. The technology enables individuals to view and share high-resolution virtual microscopy images over the Internet.
"The handling of digital data has become a major driver of the development of modern microscopy,” said Dr. Bernhard Ohnesorge, Member of the Board and General Manager BioSciences Division of Carl Zeiss Microscopy. “Integrating the virtual slide functionality into our research microscope systems will enable our customers to become more efficient and to explore new scientific approaches. This will help them to better understand the root causes of the most challenging diseases.”
“Global adoption of digital slide scanning continues to expand into new medical and scientific applications,” said Brad Burklow, Executive Director Business Development, Scientific Equipment Group, Olympus Corporation of the Americas. “Olympus is the holder of many important patents in this area, and we feel it is vital to allow broad access to these technologies in order to advance the field of pathology and medical research. We are confident that leveraging these technologies will enhance healthcare for patients around the world.”
The companies are not making specific terms and conditions of the agreement public.
- Carl Zeiss
- virtual microscopy
Carl Zeiss Microscopy, LLC announces that it has received ISO 9001:2008 quality management system certification for product marketing, sales, service and support for its high precision optomechanical instruments. The ISO 9001 certification attests to ZEISS’ commitment to implementing best b ... more
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG announces it has acquired, through its subsidiary Carl Zeiss Meditec Inc., 100% of the shares in Aaren Scientific Inc., a US-based manufacturer of intraocular lenses (IOLs). Aaren Scientific, headquartered in Ontario, California, has been manufacturing IOLs for more th ... more
Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH and Olympus America Inc. have signed a nonexclusive worldwide licensing agreement allowing Carl Zeiss to access an extensive portfolio of patents held by Olympus in the field of digital pathology and virtual microscopy. The patents included in the licensing deal c ... more
The National Research Council Canada (NRC) recently helped Olympus to design and commercialize a CARS (Coherent Anti-stokes Raman Scattering) microscope. The new Olympus microscope is based on a femtosecond non-linear optical process called CARS, which stands for Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman ... more
Olympus Microscopy has partnered with the Nature Publishing Group to present the Neurotechniques Collection. This compilation of articles will draw together some of the groundbreaking research that has recently been published in Nature Reviews Neuroscience and Nature Methods. Sponsored by O ... more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 5Danaher To Acquire Pall Corporation
- 6'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 7Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 8Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 9Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 10Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- CHEMIE.DE’s 15th anniversary: from a university project to a specialist for ...
- BioTek Expands in the United Kingdom
- Eurofins acquires Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.