Effective 1 July 2015, the currently four-member Executive Board of Carl Zeiss AG headed by President and CEO Dr. Michael Kaschke will be expanded to include a new member responsible for the Vision Care and Consumer Optics business groups. After the expansion of the Executive Board in Decem ... more
Carl Zeiss Licences Digital Pathology from Olympus
Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH and Olympus America Inc. have signed a nonexclusive worldwide licensing agreement allowing Carl Zeiss to access an extensive portfolio of patents held by Olympus in the field of digital pathology and virtual microscopy. The patents included in the licensing deal cover methods and equipment for creating, storing and delivering virtual microscopy slides. The technology enables individuals to view and share high-resolution virtual microscopy images over the Internet.
"The handling of digital data has become a major driver of the development of modern microscopy,” said Dr. Bernhard Ohnesorge, Member of the Board and General Manager BioSciences Division of Carl Zeiss Microscopy. “Integrating the virtual slide functionality into our research microscope systems will enable our customers to become more efficient and to explore new scientific approaches. This will help them to better understand the root causes of the most challenging diseases.”
“Global adoption of digital slide scanning continues to expand into new medical and scientific applications,” said Brad Burklow, Executive Director Business Development, Scientific Equipment Group, Olympus Corporation of the Americas. “Olympus is the holder of many important patents in this area, and we feel it is vital to allow broad access to these technologies in order to advance the field of pathology and medical research. We are confident that leveraging these technologies will enhance healthcare for patients around the world.”
The companies are not making specific terms and conditions of the agreement public.
- Carl Zeiss
- virtual microscopy
Carl Zeiss Microscopy, LLC announces that it has received ISO 9001:2008 quality management system certification for product marketing, sales, service and support for its high precision optomechanical instruments. The ISO 9001 certification attests to ZEISS’ commitment to implementing best b ... more
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG announces it has acquired, through its subsidiary Carl Zeiss Meditec Inc., 100% of the shares in Aaren Scientific Inc., a US-based manufacturer of intraocular lenses (IOLs). Aaren Scientific, headquartered in Ontario, California, has been manufacturing IOLs for more th ... more
Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH and Olympus America Inc. have signed a nonexclusive worldwide licensing agreement allowing Carl Zeiss to access an extensive portfolio of patents held by Olympus in the field of digital pathology and virtual microscopy. The patents included in the licensing deal c ... more
The National Research Council Canada (NRC) recently helped Olympus to design and commercialize a CARS (Coherent Anti-stokes Raman Scattering) microscope. The new Olympus microscope is based on a femtosecond non-linear optical process called CARS, which stands for Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman ... more
Olympus Microscopy has partnered with the Nature Publishing Group to present the Neurotechniques Collection. This compilation of articles will draw together some of the groundbreaking research that has recently been published in Nature Reviews Neuroscience and Nature Methods. Sponsored by O ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 3Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- 4Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- 5Goodbye to sunburn thanks to Queen's sunburn indicator
- 6Sharper nanoscopy
- 7Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 8Mettler-Toledo's TDL Analyzers Receive Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation & Leadership
- 9Bio-marker set forms the basis for new blood test to detect colorectal cancer
- 10Roche strengthens oncology translational research pipeline by acquiring CAPP Medical
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech acquires UK-based CRO, BioOutsource
- Genevac Consolidate Evaporator & Freeze Dryer Operations In Germany
- Roche strengthens oncology translational research pipeline by acquiring CAPP ...
- Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring ...