In response to an ongoing, unprecedented outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in West Africa, a team of researchers from the Broad Institute and Harvard University, in collaboration with the Sierra Leone Ministry of Health and Sanitation and researchers across institutions and continents, ... more
New Research Center to Focus on Mammalian Single Cell Genomics
The Broad Institute and Fluidigm Corporation have announced the launch of a new research center dedicated to accelerating the development of research methods and discoveries in mammalian single-cell genomics. The Single-Cell Genomics Center is also expected to act as a hub for collaboration among single-cell genomics researchers in many pioneering fields, including stem cells and cancer biology.
The Center will be housed at the Broad Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts and will feature a complete suite of Fluidigm single-cell tools, protocols and technologies. The Center grew out of ongoing collaborations between the Broad Institute and Fluidigm that bridge multiple genomic platforms.
"With the Single-Cell Genomics Center, we will enable researchers to access the exciting new world of single-cell genomics, catalyze discoveries and advance our understanding of this important area of biology," said Wendy Winckler, Ph.D., Director of the Genetic Analysis Platform at the Broad Institute.
"The cell is the fundamental unit of life, and through greater understanding of it, researchers can make breakthroughs in large and important fields, such as cancer diagnosis and therapy, stem cell biology, vaccine development, and even the mounting battle against drug-resistant bacteria. We expect this center to inspire, enable and accelerate efforts in the emerging field of single-cell research," said Gajus Worthington, President and Chief Executive Officer of Fluidigm.
- Broad Institute of…
Cornell researchers are part of an international collaboration to build the most detailed map of human genetic variation. The map promises to provide a much more comprehensive understanding of the role of inherited DNA variation in human history, evolution and disease and the best methods t ... more
A research team led by scientists at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard announced the development of a new kind of genetic "roadmap" that can connect human diseases with potential drugs to treat them, as well as predict how new drugs work in human cells. Called the "Connectivity Map," t ... more
The Broad Institute and Fluidigm Corporation have announced the launch of a new research center dedicated to accelerating the development of research methods and discoveries in mammalian single-cell genomics. The Single-Cell Genomics Center is also expected to act as a hub for collaboration ... more
Fluidigm Corporation has begun direct service to customers in China. Through the establishment of a wholly-owned Fluidigm subsidiary in China in late January 2012, officially known as Fluidigm (Shanghai) Instrument Technology Co., Ltd., Fluidigm will improve services to its Chinese customer ... more
Fluidigm Corporation announced it has entered into a multi-year agreement with Bayer CropScience to supply integrated fluidic circuits (IFCs) and instrumentation to Bayer CropScience's global operations. Bayer CropScience will be using Fluidigm technology to conduct marker-assisted breeding ... more
- 1AddLife Acquires Biolin Scientific AB
- 2High-precision magnetic field sensing
- 3Images of NMDA receptors help explain how they are affected by zinc and a drug
- 4Opening the Way to Mobile Olfaction with Nanomechanical Sensors
- 5First structural map of cystic fibrosis protein sheds light on how mutations cause disease
- 6Sniffing like a dog can improve trace detection of explosives
- 7NovogeneAIT Singapore and the Genome Institute of Singapore forge Public-Private Partnership
- 8Multi-institutional collaboration uncovers how molecular machines assemble
- 9New link discovered between class of rogue autoantibodies and poor health outcomes
- 10Structure of CCR9 chemokine receptor solved
- NovogeneAIT Singapore and the Genome Institute of Singapore forge Public-Pri ...
- ZEISS and EPFL begin long-term research collaboration
- labfolder signs agreement with Max Planck Society
- Unravelling the origins of European agriculture
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and Immundiagnostik Collaborate To Develop Mass Spe ...
- Novel label-free microscopy enables dynamic, high-resolution imaging of cell interactions
- New link discovered between class of rogue autoantibodies and poor health outcomes
- Here comes ‘NoBody,’ a microprotein on a mission
- For the first time, scientists catch water molecules passing the proton baton
- Multi-institutional collaboration uncovers how molecular machines assemble