In response to an ongoing, unprecedented outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in West Africa, a team of researchers from the Broad Institute and Harvard University, in collaboration with the Sierra Leone Ministry of Health and Sanitation and researchers across institutions and continents, ... more
New Research Center to Focus on Mammalian Single Cell Genomics
01-06-2012: The Broad Institute and Fluidigm Corporation have announced the launch of a new research center dedicated to accelerating the development of research methods and discoveries in mammalian single-cell genomics. The Single-Cell Genomics Center is also expected to act as a hub for collaboration among single-cell genomics researchers in many pioneering fields, including stem cells and cancer biology.
The Center will be housed at the Broad Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts and will feature a complete suite of Fluidigm single-cell tools, protocols and technologies. The Center grew out of ongoing collaborations between the Broad Institute and Fluidigm that bridge multiple genomic platforms.
"With the Single-Cell Genomics Center, we will enable researchers to access the exciting new world of single-cell genomics, catalyze discoveries and advance our understanding of this important area of biology," said Wendy Winckler, Ph.D., Director of the Genetic Analysis Platform at the Broad Institute.
"The cell is the fundamental unit of life, and through greater understanding of it, researchers can make breakthroughs in large and important fields, such as cancer diagnosis and therapy, stem cell biology, vaccine development, and even the mounting battle against drug-resistant bacteria. We expect this center to inspire, enable and accelerate efforts in the emerging field of single-cell research," said Gajus Worthington, President and Chief Executive Officer of Fluidigm.
- Broad Institute of…
Cornell researchers are part of an international collaboration to build the most detailed map of human genetic variation. The map promises to provide a much more comprehensive understanding of the role of inherited DNA variation in human history, evolution and disease and the best methods t ... more
The Broad Institute and Fluidigm Corporation have announced the launch of a new research center dedicated to accelerating the development of research methods and discoveries in mammalian single-cell genomics. The Single-Cell Genomics Center is also expected to act as a hub for collaboration ... more
Fluidigm Corporation has begun direct service to customers in China. Through the establishment of a wholly-owned Fluidigm subsidiary in China in late January 2012, officially known as Fluidigm (Shanghai) Instrument Technology Co., Ltd., Fluidigm will improve services to its Chinese customer ... more
Fluidigm Corporation announced it has entered into a multi-year agreement with Bayer CropScience to supply integrated fluidic circuits (IFCs) and instrumentation to Bayer CropScience's global operations. Bayer CropScience will be using Fluidigm technology to conduct marker-assisted breeding ... more
- 1Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Food analysis and diagnostics are hot topics at analytica China 2014
- 4Analytik Jena Closed Third Quarter Below Expectations
- 5Faster, cheaper tests for sickle cell
- 6SGS appoints new Chief Financial Officer
- 7Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- 8SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 9DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation systems
- 10Malvern Instruments acquires assets of Reologica Instruments AB
- Unravelling the origins of European agriculture
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and Immundiagnostik Collaborate To Develop Mass Spe ...
- SeraCare Receives NIH Grant for Recent HIV Infection Rapid Test and Incidenc ...
- New Research Center to Focus on Mammalian Single Cell Genomics
- Sichuan Agricultural University and LC Sciences Uncover the Epigenetics of O ...
- Advanced light source sets microscopy record
- Faster, cheaper tests for sickle cell
- Genomic sequencing reveals mutations, insights into 2014 Ebola outbreak
- New analytical technology reveals 'nanomechanical' surface traits
- No excess baggage: Antarctic insect's genome, newly sequenced, is smallest to date