Agenix: Patent In Japan for Diagnostic Technology
16-05-2012: Agenix Limited announced that Japan's Patent Office had granted a key patent covering the manufacturing process of its ThromboView® imaging agent for the detection of blood clots in humans.
Agenix Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Nicholas Weston said, "The granting of patent protection in Japan confers further certainty and significantly increases the commercial value of the ThromboView diagnostic technology globally. In conjunction with the other patents covering the use and production of ThromboView, this new patent delivers a major commercial advantage to Agenix in one of the world's leading markets for diagnostic imaging and manufacturing.”
Japanese Patent Application Number 2003-507139 covers humanized antibodies derived from DD-3B6/22 specific for the D-dimer fragment of fibrin provides long-term protection for the company's technology through broad claims over methods of manufacture and use.
ThromboView is now protected by multiple patents in the Japan, the United States, Europe, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, with the granting of patents for China and Canada pending. The patents provide protection for ThromboView out to 2022 with possible Hatch-Waxman term extension out to 2027.
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Identifying microbial species
- 3LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 4Merger of CyBio AG into Analytik Jena AG Completed
- 5Sophisticated radiation detector designed for broad public use
- 6SP Industries Acquires Bel-Art Products
- 7The quantum dance of oxygen
- 8The Sweetest Calculator in the World
- 9Spectris acquires Corporate Scientific Claisse Inc.
- 10KNAUER among Top 100 innovators
- Poly-Pico wins 'Most Interesting Technology' award
- Improved quality control of silicon carbide epiwafers by a new fast and cont ...
- Agilent Technologies Thought Leader Award Supports Professor John A. McLean, ...
- Automating Laboratory-On-A-Chip To Cut Healthcare Costs
- All the important trade fairs, congresses, seminars and webinars at a glance