Agenix: Patent In Japan for Diagnostic Technology
Agenix Limited announced that Japan's Patent Office had granted a key patent covering the manufacturing process of its ThromboView® imaging agent for the detection of blood clots in humans.
Agenix Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Nicholas Weston said, "The granting of patent protection in Japan confers further certainty and significantly increases the commercial value of the ThromboView diagnostic technology globally. In conjunction with the other patents covering the use and production of ThromboView, this new patent delivers a major commercial advantage to Agenix in one of the world's leading markets for diagnostic imaging and manufacturing.”
Japanese Patent Application Number 2003-507139 covers humanized antibodies derived from DD-3B6/22 specific for the D-dimer fragment of fibrin provides long-term protection for the company's technology through broad claims over methods of manufacture and use.
ThromboView is now protected by multiple patents in the Japan, the United States, Europe, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, with the granting of patents for China and Canada pending. The patents provide protection for ThromboView out to 2022 with possible Hatch-Waxman term extension out to 2027.
- blood clotting
- diagnostic tests
- imaging agents
- 1Sartorius starts off 2017 with double-digit growth
- 2Chip-based nanoscopy: Microscopy in HD quality
- 3Pharmacoscpy: Next-Generation Microscopy
- 4Eppendorf continues on course for success
- 5Prestigious grant for imaging single molecules
- 6Barley Genome Sequenced
- 7Innovationsstarter Fonds Hamburg and High-Tech Gründerfonds are investing together in KSK Diagnostics GmbH