Agenix: Patent In Japan for Diagnostic Technology
Agenix Limited announced that Japan's Patent Office had granted a key patent covering the manufacturing process of its ThromboView® imaging agent for the detection of blood clots in humans.
Agenix Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Nicholas Weston said, "The granting of patent protection in Japan confers further certainty and significantly increases the commercial value of the ThromboView diagnostic technology globally. In conjunction with the other patents covering the use and production of ThromboView, this new patent delivers a major commercial advantage to Agenix in one of the world's leading markets for diagnostic imaging and manufacturing.”
Japanese Patent Application Number 2003-507139 covers humanized antibodies derived from DD-3B6/22 specific for the D-dimer fragment of fibrin provides long-term protection for the company's technology through broad claims over methods of manufacture and use.
ThromboView is now protected by multiple patents in the Japan, the United States, Europe, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, with the granting of patents for China and Canada pending. The patents provide protection for ThromboView out to 2022 with possible Hatch-Waxman term extension out to 2027.
- blood clotting
- diagnostic tests
- imaging agents
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2CT scan of Earth links deep mantle plumes with volcanic hotspots
- 3Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- 4Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- 5A quarter of a century: Analytik Jena celebrates
- 6Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 7Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 8MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 9Image-tracking technology helps scientists study nature v. nurture in neural stem cells
- 10Birth of photo-sensitive magnets
- Prototype lab in a needle could make real-time, mobile laboratory testing a ...
- The precision of solar photovoltaic power measurements doubled
- ORNL chemical sampling interface features simplicity, speed
- New Filter Technology – Uses Inert Gas to Bore Holes in High-Quality Steel
- Mettler Toledo installs Tunable Diode Lasers (TDLs) where no TDLs have gone ...