The ZEISS Group had a very successful end to the first six months of fiscal year 2016/17 (ended 31 March) and saw its revenue rise by 10 percent to EUR 2.550 billion (1st half of 2015/16: EUR 2.322 billion). At EUR 384 million, the earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) were significantly ... more
New Chairman of Supervisory Board at Carl Zeiss AGDr. Dieter Kurz elected with immediate effect
The Carl Zeiss AG Supervisory Board has elected Dr. Dieter Kurz as the new Chairman of the Supervisory Board, effective immediately.
Born in 1948, Dr. Dieter Kurz studied physics at the University of Tübingen, from which he also received his doctorate. He joined Carl Zeiss in 1979. After holding several responsible positions in research and development, marketing and sales, including a two-year stay in North America, he headed the Semiconductor Optics division and Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology busi- ness group. In 1999 he became a Member of the Executive Board and was appointed President and CEO in 2001. After the two Foundation enterprises had been transformed into stock corporations (AG) and the appropriate amendments to the Foundation's constitution had come into effect, he was President and CEO of Carl Zeiss AG from 2004 to the end of 2010.
Kurz is also Chairman of the Shareholder Council of the Carl Zeiss Foundation, Heidenheim and Jena, which is the sole shareholder of Carl Zeiss AG. He succeeds Dr. Theo Spettmann who held these offices from February 2010 and who stepped down for health reasons at the beginning of March 2012.
- Carl Zeiss
A new agreement between the Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology (IGB) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and ZEISS has named the Core Facilities at IGB as an official ZEISS labs@location Partner. The model facility will allow researchers from around the U.S. to test-d ... more
The patent protects a special aphakic intraocular lens (IOL), with which light can be focused on three focal points (near, intermediate and distance vision). The patented trifocal lens reduces the impact of pupil shrinkage and lens eccentricity. VSY Biotechnology BV and its exclusive suppli ... more
- 1Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 2State-of-the-art text mining technologies for chemistry
- 3Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 4Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- 5Eurofins expands its footprint in the Balkan region
- 6Eurofins acquires clinical diagnostics company in Italy
- 7More durable, versatile wearable for diabetes monitoring
- 8New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- 9Waters Corporation elects Flemming Ornskov to Board of Directors
- 10New femto-camera with quadrillion fractions of a second resolution
- Waters Corporation elects Flemming Ornskov to Board of Directors
- LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperat ...
- Biocartis announces its new CEO
- Analytik Jena Executive Board Member Klaus Berka Steps Down from the Operati ...
- Agilent Technologies Board of Directors elects Koh Boon Hwee as new chairman
- Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- We are much more unique than assumed
- LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion