Carl Zeiss Meditec AG has brought financial year 2015/16 to a successful close with further growth: Revenue increased by 4.6 percent (adjusted for currency effects: 2.7 percent) to €1,088.4m. Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) rose to €154.3m (prior year: €130.6m). The EBIT margin in ... more
New Chairman of Supervisory Board at Carl Zeiss AGDr. Dieter Kurz elected with immediate effect
The Carl Zeiss AG Supervisory Board has elected Dr. Dieter Kurz as the new Chairman of the Supervisory Board, effective immediately.
Born in 1948, Dr. Dieter Kurz studied physics at the University of Tübingen, from which he also received his doctorate. He joined Carl Zeiss in 1979. After holding several responsible positions in research and development, marketing and sales, including a two-year stay in North America, he headed the Semiconductor Optics division and Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology busi- ness group. In 1999 he became a Member of the Executive Board and was appointed President and CEO in 2001. After the two Foundation enterprises had been transformed into stock corporations (AG) and the appropriate amendments to the Foundation's constitution had come into effect, he was President and CEO of Carl Zeiss AG from 2004 to the end of 2010.
Kurz is also Chairman of the Shareholder Council of the Carl Zeiss Foundation, Heidenheim and Jena, which is the sole shareholder of Carl Zeiss AG. He succeeds Dr. Theo Spettmann who held these offices from February 2010 and who stepped down for health reasons at the beginning of March 2012.
- Carl Zeiss
ZEISS will support innovative research projects at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, abbr. EPFL). The company will make one million euros available for new research projects in key technology fields such as biomedical research, ... more
In August 2016, Carl Zeiss Meditec consolidated its ophthalmic diagnostic and surgical business into a single Strategic Business Unit (SBU) Global Ophthalmic Devices headed by Jim Mazzo. ZEISS announces that the Global Sales organization for the newly consolidated SBU, comprised of Surgical ... more
- 1Bacterial protein structure could aid development of new antibiotics
- 2China develops world's brightest VUV free electron laser research facility
- 3Merck opens production facility exclusively for meglumine in Spain
- 4'5-D protein fingerprinting' could give insights into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- 5Crybaby: The vitamins in your tears
- 6The computer as microscope
- 7'Mysterious' non-protein-coding RNAs play important roles in gene expression
- 8Nanoscale view of energy storage
- 9World's first total-body PET scanner takes a big step forward
- WALDNER Laboreinrichtungen extends Management Board
- Tecan appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business division
- Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava receives Agilent Thought Leader Award
- Waters Corporation announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer
- Australian and German Researchers awarded Young Scientist 2016 for Dispersio ...