ZEISS MultiSEM 505 has been selected by a team of judges from Microscopy Today magazine as a recipient of the 2015 Microscopy Today Innovation Award.As the first multiple-beam scanning electron microscope (SEM) in the world, the system uses 61 beams simultaneously, and offers a capture spee ... more
New Chairman of Supervisory Board at Carl Zeiss AGDr. Dieter Kurz elected with immediate effect
The Carl Zeiss AG Supervisory Board has elected Dr. Dieter Kurz as the new Chairman of the Supervisory Board, effective immediately.
Born in 1948, Dr. Dieter Kurz studied physics at the University of Tübingen, from which he also received his doctorate. He joined Carl Zeiss in 1979. After holding several responsible positions in research and development, marketing and sales, including a two-year stay in North America, he headed the Semiconductor Optics division and Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology busi- ness group. In 1999 he became a Member of the Executive Board and was appointed President and CEO in 2001. After the two Foundation enterprises had been transformed into stock corporations (AG) and the appropriate amendments to the Foundation's constitution had come into effect, he was President and CEO of Carl Zeiss AG from 2004 to the end of 2010.
Kurz is also Chairman of the Shareholder Council of the Carl Zeiss Foundation, Heidenheim and Jena, which is the sole shareholder of Carl Zeiss AG. He succeeds Dr. Theo Spettmann who held these offices from February 2010 and who stepped down for health reasons at the beginning of March 2012.
- Carl Zeiss
Effective 1 July 2015, the currently four-member Executive Board of Carl Zeiss AG headed by President and CEO Dr. Michael Kaschke will be expanded to include a new member responsible for the Vision Care and Consumer Optics business groups. After the expansion of the Executive Board in Decem ... more
Carl Zeiss Microscopy, LLC announces that it has received ISO 9001:2008 quality management system certification for product marketing, sales, service and support for its high precision optomechanical instruments. The ISO 9001 certification attests to ZEISS’ commitment to implementing best b ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2LGC rebrands reference standards
- 3Argonne’s lithium-ion battery technology to be commercialized by BASF
- 4Endress+Hauser Set for Complete Acquisition of Analytik Jena
- 5Device combines power of mass spectrometry, microscopy
- 6Agilent Technologies completes acquisition of Seahorse Bioscience
- 7Researchers design and patent graphene biosensors
- 8Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Dr. Alexander Makarov Receives Inaugural HUPO Science and Technology Award
- 9Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 10MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore