Population Genetics Technologies Ltd. has appointed Alan Schafer, PhD to the post of Chief Executive Officer. Schafer brings deep experience in research, “big pharma” management and building new businesses. He is Adjunct Professor of Innovation at Imperial College London Business School and ... more
Alan Schafer to head Population Genetics
Population Genetics Technologies Ltd. has appointed Alan Schafer, PhD to the post of Chief Executive Officer.
Schafer brings deep experience in research, “big pharma” management and building new businesses. He is Adjunct Professor of Innovation at Imperial College London Business School and was previously the Wellcome Trust’s Director of Science Funding. Before that he served as Global Vice-President of Technology Development at GlaxoSmithKline and co-founded Hexagen, a functional genomics company and subsequently acquired by Incyte. He will continue to serve on a number of research and venture capital advisory boards.
- Population Genetics…
Nobel Prize winner Dr Sydney Brenner has devised a new method for obtaining sequence information from thousands of genomes simultaneously. Current technologies can only analyse one genome at a time. This method, to be developed by a new company called Population Genetics Technologies, is ex ... more
- 1House-warming of the new Elementar headquarters
- 2Mystery of colloidal chains solved
- 3Disentangling chloroplast genetics
- 4A key to metastasis
- 5Three-dimensional Direction-dependent Force Measurement at the Subatomic Scale
- 6Insight into enzyme's 3-D structure could cut biofuel costs
- 7Microdevice provides novel method of measuring cell mechanical properties
- 8X-rays from copper source set new gold standard for measuring industrial materials
- 9Sensors detect disease markers in breath
- 10Hydrogen bonds directly detected for the first time
- Biocartis announces its new CEO
- Analytik Jena Executive Board Member Klaus Berka Steps Down from the Operati ...
- Agilent Technologies Board of Directors elects Koh Boon Hwee as new chairman
- CTO Dr. Attila Bilgic new member of the KROHNE Group Management
- Resolutions of the Sartorius Supervisory Board