Population Genetics Technologies Ltd. has appointed Alan Schafer, PhD to the post of Chief Executive Officer. Schafer brings deep experience in research, “big pharma” management and building new businesses. He is Adjunct Professor of Innovation at Imperial College London Business School and ... more
Alan Schafer to head Population Genetics
Population Genetics Technologies Ltd. has appointed Alan Schafer, PhD to the post of Chief Executive Officer.
Schafer brings deep experience in research, “big pharma” management and building new businesses. He is Adjunct Professor of Innovation at Imperial College London Business School and was previously the Wellcome Trust’s Director of Science Funding. Before that he served as Global Vice-President of Technology Development at GlaxoSmithKline and co-founded Hexagen, a functional genomics company and subsequently acquired by Incyte. He will continue to serve on a number of research and venture capital advisory boards.
- Population Genetics…
Nobel Prize winner Dr Sydney Brenner has devised a new method for obtaining sequence information from thousands of genomes simultaneously. Current technologies can only analyse one genome at a time. This method, to be developed by a new company called Population Genetics Technologies, is ex ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Analytik Jena AG Expands Executive Management Board
- 3Merck and Pfizer Collaborate with Dako
- 4MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 5LGC rebrands reference standards
- 6SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 7Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 8Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 9VWR Acquires Hichrom Limited
- 10The shadow of a disease
- Analytik Jena AG Expands Executive Management Board
- New Head of Marketing Communications and PR at JULABO
- Markus Lusser is new president of Leica Microsystems
- Thomas Bachmann is new Chief Executive Officer of the Eppendorf Group
- Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer