VWR announced that it has acquired Hichrom Limited, a leading manufacturer and distributor of high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) columns and consumables. This acquisition builds upon VWR's existing chromatography systems, columns and consumables portfolio, expanding its capabilit ... more
VWR International, LLC Signs Agreement to Acquire basan Germany GmbHVWR expands its presence in cleanroom and critical environment products
VWR International, LLC announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire basan Germany GmbH, including its subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Italy, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam. The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval in Germany.
With 30 years experience, basan is a leading distributor of products and related services for cleanrooms in Europe and S.E. Asia. basan represents several well-known brands in addition to its own basan brand consumable product portfolio supplying various industries including microelectronics, semi-conductor, biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceuticals and automotive.
"basan's well established reputation in cleanroom products and services combined with their strong product and application expertise extends VWR's capabilities in both Europe and S.E. Asia," stated Manuel Brocke-Benz, VWR's Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Europe. "Bringing basan onboard enhances our existing portfolio of products and services, and expands VWR's capabilities to meet our customer's critical environment needs in these important regions."
Financial details of this acquisition remain confidential.
Merck Millipore, the Life Science division of Merck, announced a new non-exclusive, preferred distribution agreement for Western Europe with VWR a global provider of laboratory supplies, equipment and services. The contract includes a range of Merck Millipore products and reagents for chemi ... more
VWR International, LLC that it has signed an agreement to acquirePeqlab Biotechnologie GmbH, including its subsidiaries and operations in the U.S., UK and Austria and manufacturing operation Clemens GmbH in Germany. The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory app ... more
- 1Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 2State-of-the-art text mining technologies for chemistry
- 3Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 4Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- 5Eurofins expands its footprint in the Balkan region
- 6Eurofins acquires clinical diagnostics company in Italy
- 7More durable, versatile wearable for diabetes monitoring
- 8New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- 9Waters Corporation elects Flemming Ornskov to Board of Directors
- 10New femto-camera with quadrillion fractions of a second resolution
- More durable, versatile wearable for diabetes monitoring
- Bacterial organizational complexities revealed
- Waters Corporation elects Flemming Ornskov to Board of Directors
- New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- Research on crucial cutting enzyme maps sites of DNA damage in leukemias and other cancers