VWR International LLC announced the acquisition of Sovereign Group, a distributor of lab products with distribution centers and sales organizations in Brazil and Argentina.The acquisition of Sovereign significantly increases VWR's breadth of operations, expanding its geographic footprint in ... more
VWR International, LLC Signs Agreement to Acquire basan Germany GmbH
VWR expands its presence in cleanroom and critical environment products
02-05-2012: VWR International, LLC announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire basan Germany GmbH, including its subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Italy, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam. The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval in Germany.
With 30 years experience, basan is a leading distributor of products and related services for cleanrooms in Europe and S.E. Asia. basan represents several well-known brands in addition to its own basan brand consumable product portfolio supplying various industries including microelectronics, semi-conductor, biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceuticals and automotive.
"basan's well established reputation in cleanroom products and services combined with their strong product and application expertise extends VWR's capabilities in both Europe and S.E. Asia," stated Manuel Brocke-Benz, VWR's Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Europe. "Bringing basan onboard enhances our existing portfolio of products and services, and expands VWR's capabilities to meet our customer's critical environment needs in these important regions."
Financial details of this acquisition remain confidential.
VWR International, LLC announced the acquisition of KLEN International's mining supply business. Based in Perth, Australia and dating back to 1974, KLEN is a diversified chemical manufacturer and distributor with businesses that provide a wide range of products to industrial customers. VWR ... more
Hoefer, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Harvard Bioscience, Inc. (HBIO), announced its partnership with VWR International to sell its premium line of electrophoresis products across Europe.“We are very excited about this new partnership with VWR International. VWR’s vast European reach a ... more
VWR International is a global laboratory and production supply company with sales of $3.5 billion US dollars. VWR's business is highly diversified across products and services, geographic regions and customer segments. The company offers products from a wide range of manufacturers, to a la ... more
- 1Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Life Technologies Corporation
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- 4Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- 7Abbott Completes Acquisition of Advanced Medical Optics
- 8MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 9Troubling levels of toxic metals found in lipstick
- 10Analytik Jena announces forecast for financial year 2012/2013
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures
- Analytik Jena to develop products for sepsis diagnostics
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand
- Targeted screening for C. difficile upon hospital admission could potentially identify most colonized patients
- Troubling levels of toxic metals found in lipstick
- X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- Tomosynthesis increases breast cancer detection rate
- Chemical shift MRI helps differentiate renal cell tumors more likely to metastasize