Merck Millipore, the Life Science division of Merck, announced a new non-exclusive, preferred distribution agreement for Western Europe with VWR a global provider of laboratory supplies, equipment and services. The contract includes a range of Merck Millipore products and reagents for chemi ... more
VWR International, LLC Signs Agreement to Acquire basan Germany GmbH
VWR expands its presence in cleanroom and critical environment products
02-05-2012: VWR International, LLC announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire basan Germany GmbH, including its subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Italy, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam. The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval in Germany.
With 30 years experience, basan is a leading distributor of products and related services for cleanrooms in Europe and S.E. Asia. basan represents several well-known brands in addition to its own basan brand consumable product portfolio supplying various industries including microelectronics, semi-conductor, biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceuticals and automotive.
"basan's well established reputation in cleanroom products and services combined with their strong product and application expertise extends VWR's capabilities in both Europe and S.E. Asia," stated Manuel Brocke-Benz, VWR's Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Europe. "Bringing basan onboard enhances our existing portfolio of products and services, and expands VWR's capabilities to meet our customer's critical environment needs in these important regions."
Financial details of this acquisition remain confidential.
VWR International, LLC that it has signed an agreement to acquirePeqlab Biotechnologie GmbH, including its subsidiaries and operations in the U.S., UK and Austria and manufacturing operation Clemens GmbH in Germany. The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory app ... more
VWR International LLC announced the acquisition of Sovereign Group, a distributor of lab products with distribution centers and sales organizations in Brazil and Argentina.The acquisition of Sovereign significantly increases VWR's breadth of operations, expanding its geographic footprint in ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2LAUDA founds subsidiary in Italy
- 3LGC rebrands reference standards
- 4The shadow of a disease
- 5New microscope collects dynamic images of the molecules that animate life
- 6Carl Zeiss Grants Sublicense for LED Fluorescence Excitation to Prior Scientific Ltd.
- 7QIAGEN makes proposal to fully acquire Ipsogen
- 8Towards future lab-on-chip applications
- 9Pathogens in foods: progress and challenges
- 10Sartorius Opens New Application Center in Shanghai
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of-Care Diagnostic Solutions
- Major class of fracking chemicals no more toxic than common household substances
- New tool could help reshape the limits of synthetic biology
- Nabsys Appoints Anthony Shuber as Chief Scientific Officer
- New microscope collects dynamic images of the molecules that animate life