Merck Millipore, the Life Science division of Merck, announced a new non-exclusive, preferred distribution agreement for Western Europe with VWR a global provider of laboratory supplies, equipment and services. The contract includes a range of Merck Millipore products and reagents for chemi ... more
VWR International, LLC Signs Agreement to Acquire basan Germany GmbH
VWR expands its presence in cleanroom and critical environment products
02-05-2012: VWR International, LLC announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire basan Germany GmbH, including its subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, France, Italy, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam. The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval in Germany.
With 30 years experience, basan is a leading distributor of products and related services for cleanrooms in Europe and S.E. Asia. basan represents several well-known brands in addition to its own basan brand consumable product portfolio supplying various industries including microelectronics, semi-conductor, biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceuticals and automotive.
"basan's well established reputation in cleanroom products and services combined with their strong product and application expertise extends VWR's capabilities in both Europe and S.E. Asia," stated Manuel Brocke-Benz, VWR's Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Europe. "Bringing basan onboard enhances our existing portfolio of products and services, and expands VWR's capabilities to meet our customer's critical environment needs in these important regions."
Financial details of this acquisition remain confidential.
VWR International, LLC that it has signed an agreement to acquirePeqlab Biotechnologie GmbH, including its subsidiaries and operations in the U.S., UK and Austria and manufacturing operation Clemens GmbH in Germany. The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory app ... more
VWR International LLC announced the acquisition of Sovereign Group, a distributor of lab products with distribution centers and sales organizations in Brazil and Argentina.The acquisition of Sovereign significantly increases VWR's breadth of operations, expanding its geographic footprint in ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2QIAGEN makes proposal to fully acquire Ipsogen
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of-Care Diagnostic Solutions
- 4LGC rebrands reference standards
- 5Renishaw receives Queen's Award for spectroscopy developments
- 6LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 7Armen Instrument sold its Flash Chromatography branch of activity to Interchim
- 8Expansion of the WALDNER Group
- 9Filming chemistry with a high speed x-ray camera
- 10New Management at Bochem Instrumente GmbH
- SP Industries Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- JPK announces the opening of US offices in Southern California
- IDT and Ubiquitome Partner to Develop Mobile Ebola Test
- Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of-Care Diagnostic Solutions
- Major class of fracking chemicals no more toxic than common household substances