To answer the healthcare industry’s demand for better point-of-care (POC) diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. have formed a strategic collaboration. The companies will jointly design, develop and market new POC solutions in key applications, such as ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Maybridge Line of Chemistry Products Celebrates 50 Years
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc announced the 50th anniversary of its Maybridge chemistry products, a line of bioactive molecules to accelerate drug discovery and development. The Maybridge line is a comprehensive range of drug-like molecules and compound libraries for traditional drug-discovery screening, as well as fragment-based programs.
The Maybridge business, founded by organic chemist Dr. R.J. Bridgewater in 1962, became part of Thermo Fisher in 2002. The Maybridge line now encompasses more than 56,000 pre-plated drug-like screening compounds.
“We are very proud that after 50 years Maybridge products continue to enable discovery,” said Simon Pearce, product manager for Maybridge and Acros Organics products at Thermo Fisher. “We continue to evolve to better serve our customers and have just completed our move from Tintagel, England to the Thermo Fisher site in Loughborough, where we will further strengthen our core offerings and improve our service to our customers worldwide. Our new location will allow us to leverage the dedicated technical, supply-chain and operational teams that support other world-class Thermo Fisher Scientific chemical product lines.”
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- drug discovery
Thermo Fisher Scientific has developed a fast and robust ion chromatography (IC)-based method for the determination of chloride and sulfate in adenosine. Application Note 1075: Ion Chromatography Assay for Chloride and Sulfate in Adenosine demonstrates that this method supports high sample ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. announced it has completed the acquisition of Prionics AG, a privately held animal health diagnostics company. “Combining Prionics under the Life Technologies’ brand is certainly a win-win, since the products and capabilities are highly complementary,” said Dr. ... more
Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis with proven ASE methods for more extractions in less time using less solvent more
Developed for flexibility, modularity, and ease-of-use, the Dionex ICS-5000+ HPIC system combines highest chromatographic resolution with convenience more
Separating complex samples just got a lot easier with the integrated, biocompatible Vanquish UHPLC for better separations, more results and easier interaction more
The new Chromeleon 7.2 CDS release is the first CDS that combines separation (GC/IC/LC) and Mass Spectrometry (MS) in an enterprise environment more
Organizations have made significant investments in enterprise and laboratory tools, technologies and solutions to help improve productivity, better manage data/information and optimize their business processes. However, the reality is that most companies have not reaped the return on inves ... more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 4Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 5Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 6Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 7'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 8Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 9Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- 10Abbott enters into agreement with Inpeco to expand laboratory automation capabilites
- Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- CHEMIE.DE’s 15th anniversary: from a university project to a specialist for ...
- BioTek Expands in the United Kingdom
- Eurofins acquires Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.