Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that professor John A. McLean has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of his contributions to ion mobility mass spectrometry (IM-MS) focused on advanced applications, including comprehensive biomolecular systems analysis and synthetic ... more
Agilent Technologies and Universiti Putra Malaysia to Collaborate on Halal Food Research
Agilent Technologies Inc. and Universiti Putra Malaysia announced a collaboration to strengthen Malaysia’s research capabilities for halal food products, with particular emphasis on food authentication and food safety.
“Halal” is an Arabic word meaning lawful or allowable. Any product deemed halal is permitted for use and consumption by Muslims. According to World Halal Forum, the halal food market is worth an estimated $662 billion a year, representing almost 17 percent of the global food industry.
Agilent announced the agreement with the university’s Halal Products Research Institute. This partnership, the first of its kind for Agilent in the South Asia Pacific region, will help Malaysia assert itself as the world halal hub.
“HPRI was established to uphold the sanctity of halal through research and services,” said Dr. Russly Abdul Rahman, director of the Halal Products Research Institute, Universiti Putra Malaysia. “Today’s announcement with Agilent is a major step for UPM in nurturing top-notch halal scientists and in delivering world-class research programs that are needed to increase the confidence in halal products and services.”
“Today’s announcement delivers on our commitment to research and innovation,” said Shidah Ahmad, vice president and general manager, Agilent. “By supporting research capabilities through world-class technologies and expertise in a variety of applications, Agilent is helping Malaysia strengthen its halal economy.”
Under the agreement, Agilent will provide HPRI with triple quadrupole LC/MS systems. Liquid chromatography is useful for separating nonvolatile and thermally fragile molecules. For more complex mixtures or when more information is required, the chromatograph is used in conjunction with a mass spectrometer, which is effective in identifying unknown compounds and determining the amount of each substance encountered.
“Agilent has long been developing analytical tools and methods used by government, industry and private labs worldwide to detect and measure food content and quality as well as food safety,” said Tan Mei Mei, regional business director for Agilent’s Chemical Analysis Group in South East Asia. “We are thrilled to have the opportunity to collaborate with UPM for halal research that will benefit mankind.”
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that Dr. Carolyn Mountford has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of her work using nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy technology in cancer research.Dr. Mountford is a professor of radiology at The University of Newcastle A ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc.announced a recycling program that enables customers in the United States and Canada to return used atomic absorption lamps. Under this new program, laboratories are invited to return used hollow cathode lamps for recycling. This recycling service is offered through ... more
Twsett originated the chromatography with his work about the separation of chlorophyll in 1903. For some time it was relatively quite around this new technology. Exceptions were the workings of Kuhn and Lederer (1931) as well as of Hesse (1936 and 1942). A break through succeeded to E. Crem ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. and Universiti Putra Malaysia announced a collaboration to strengthen Malaysia’s research capabilities for halal food products, with particular emphasis on food authentication and food safety.“Halal” is an Arabic word meaning lawful or allowable. Any product deemed ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Asphaltene analysis takes a giant step
- 3MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- 4Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- 5Anton Paar GmbH acquires Measuring Technology Company in Hanover
- 6Determining recipes for some of the world's oldest preserved beers
- 7Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 8SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 9Endress+Hauser Supports Analytik Jena in Real Estate Acquisition
- 10Eurofins acquires BioDiagnostics, Inc.
- Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood ...
- Sartorius extends portfolio with innovative sensors for flow rate measurement
- Merck Serono and Illumina Enter Strategic Collaboration for Diagnostics in O ...
- Joint Open Laboratory Established In China by Waters & the Chinese Pharmacop ...
- GENALICE and Knome form strategic partnership to empower rapid NGS data inte ...