Agilent Technologies Inc. announced it has acquired Oxfordshire, U.K.-based Cobalt Light Systems, a provider of highly differentiated Raman spectroscopic instruments for the pharmaceutical industry, applied markets and public safety. Cobalt’s innovative suite of benchtop and handheld/porta ... more
Agilent Technologies and Universiti Putra Malaysia to Collaborate on Halal Food Research
Agilent Technologies Inc. and Universiti Putra Malaysia announced a collaboration to strengthen Malaysia’s research capabilities for halal food products, with particular emphasis on food authentication and food safety.
“Halal” is an Arabic word meaning lawful or allowable. Any product deemed halal is permitted for use and consumption by Muslims. According to World Halal Forum, the halal food market is worth an estimated $662 billion a year, representing almost 17 percent of the global food industry.
Agilent announced the agreement with the university’s Halal Products Research Institute. This partnership, the first of its kind for Agilent in the South Asia Pacific region, will help Malaysia assert itself as the world halal hub.
“HPRI was established to uphold the sanctity of halal through research and services,” said Dr. Russly Abdul Rahman, director of the Halal Products Research Institute, Universiti Putra Malaysia. “Today’s announcement with Agilent is a major step for UPM in nurturing top-notch halal scientists and in delivering world-class research programs that are needed to increase the confidence in halal products and services.”
“Today’s announcement delivers on our commitment to research and innovation,” said Shidah Ahmad, vice president and general manager, Agilent. “By supporting research capabilities through world-class technologies and expertise in a variety of applications, Agilent is helping Malaysia strengthen its halal economy.”
Under the agreement, Agilent will provide HPRI with triple quadrupole LC/MS systems. Liquid chromatography is useful for separating nonvolatile and thermally fragile molecules. For more complex mixtures or when more information is required, the chromatograph is used in conjunction with a mass spectrometer, which is effective in identifying unknown compounds and determining the amount of each substance encountered.
“Agilent has long been developing analytical tools and methods used by government, industry and private labs worldwide to detect and measure food content and quality as well as food safety,” said Tan Mei Mei, regional business director for Agilent’s Chemical Analysis Group in South East Asia. “We are thrilled to have the opportunity to collaborate with UPM for halal research that will benefit mankind.”
Agilent Technologies Inc. and Agendia, Inc. today jointly announced an agreement to expand their relationship to include the development of an RNASeq kit version of Agendia’s currently marketed MammaPrint and BluePrint tests. Agendia’s MammaPrint test provides High-Risk or Low-Risk test re ... more
Agilent Technologies announced that it received three awards at the Annual Conference of China Scientific Instruments (ACCSI) 2017 in Nanjing, China. Agilent received the following awards: Green Product of the Year, Most Popular Scientific Instrument, and Most Influential Foreign Manufactu ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. and Universiti Putra Malaysia announced a collaboration to strengthen Malaysia’s research capabilities for halal food products, with particular emphasis on food authentication and food safety.“Halal” is an Arabic word meaning lawful or allowable. Any product deemed ... more
- 1Hummingbird Diagnostics and Saarland University Collaborate in Early Disease Detection Based on Molecular Markers
- 2Manganese-based MRI contrast agent may be safer alternative to gadolinium-based agents
- 3A sensor for the most important human cancer gene
- 4Research from poor countries deserves a fairer hearing
- 5New imaging technique peers inside living cells
- 6The stacked colour sensor
- 7Eurofins expands its presence in India
- 8Computer program finds new uses for old drugs
- 9How to switch liver cancer cell growth from 2-D to 3-D structures
- 10Unlocking the secrets of Ebola
- Hummingbird Diagnostics and Saarland University Collaborate in Early Disease ...
- Google provides open source library for quantum chemistry
- Successful online marketing right from the start
- Adjustment of drug dose for rheumatoid arthritis by diagnostic method
- Global scouting for Innovative Startups and Researchers