Malvern Instruments Ltd has announced that it has completed the acquisition of MicroCal from GE Healthcare Life Sciences and has also purchased the Archimedes particle characterization system from Affinity Biosensors LLC (Santa Barbara, CA). Both of these developments extend Malvern’s portf ... more
Malvern Instruments opens new multipurpose facility in Houston
Celebrating the opening of Malvern Instruments’ new facility in Houston (from left to right: Paul Walker, Managing Director, Malvern Instruments; Peter Bennett, Project Manager for the move; Simon McCaskie, Operations Director, Malvern Instruments, Terry Oglethorpe, Operations Manager for the Houston facility, and Brian Dutko, President of the Americas Operation).
Malvern Instruments has officially opened a new multipurpose facility in Houston, Texas. At 22,000 sq. ft. the new building is double the size of Malvern’s previous premises in Houston and houses state-of-the-art laboratories, product development, manufacturing and commercial operations. The site will be a Center of Excellence for the company’s separations products, as well as providing applications development and demonstration facilities for all Malvern systems.
Malvern Managing Director Paul Walker and Operations Director Simon McCaskie both joined Brian Dutko, President of the Americas Operation for Malvern Instruments, to declare the new facility open and to welcome the Houston team to their new home.
“I am really proud of what is a truly first-class facility and I can’t wait to welcome more visitors,” said Brian Dutko. “Having the new application laboratories is particularly exciting because not only will we showcase our complete line of chromatography systems, we’ll also feature Malvern’s entire product offering of particle characterization and imaging systems, along with our rheometers. We can now be even more responsive to our expanding customer base in the United States, as well as some of the emerging markets in Latin America.”
Adjacent to the analytical suite is an Industrial Laboratory built to accommodate Malvern’s expanding range of in-process analyzers, as well as the company’s rheometers. “Access to the industrial laboratory set-up will help us to better meet the needs of a thriving polymer industry on the Gulf Coast,” explained Brian Dutko.
- Malvern Instruments
Malvern Instruments Ltd. announced that it has entered into an agreement with GE Healthcare Life Sciences to acquire the company’s MicroCal™ microcalorimetry business. Financial terms were not disclosed. The acquisition, which is subject to regulatory approvals, is expected to complete i ... more
NanoSight Ltd have been acquired by Malvern Instruments Ltd (Malvern, UK). The acquisition was completed on 30th September 2013. NanoSight has developed and commercialized a unique and patented technology, Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA). The company’s instrumentation and software enab ... more
Polyethylene and Polypropylene are so-called Polyolefins. They are produced in large amounts every year. Depending on the process and catalyst used linear or branched polymers can be produced. In case of e. g. Polyethylene there are at least three po more
Many different techniques have been devised for determining particle size distribution, but for a wide range of industries laser diffraction has more
Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) is an established technique in the field of protein crystallography. DLS is used to measure hydrodynamic sizes, polydispersities and aggregation effects of protein samples. These are important parameters for the crystal more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 4Danaher To Acquire Pall Corporation
- 5'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 6Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 7LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 8Abbott enters into agreement with Inpeco to expand laboratory automation capabilites
- 9Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 10Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- CHEMIE.DE’s 15th anniversary: from a university project to a specialist for ...
- BioTek Expands in the United Kingdom
- Eurofins acquires Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.
- Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- Fabricating inexpensive, high-temp SQUIDs for future electronic devices
- Gender inequality in scientific professions
- Nanomaterial self-assembly imaged in real time
- New sensing tech could help detect diseases, fraudulent art, chemical weapons