Malvern Instruments Ltd has announced that it has completed the acquisition of MicroCal from GE Healthcare Life Sciences and has also purchased the Archimedes particle characterization system from Affinity Biosensors LLC (Santa Barbara, CA). Both of these developments extend Malvern’s portf ... more
Malvern Instruments opens new multipurpose facility in Houston
Celebrating the opening of Malvern Instruments’ new facility in Houston (from left to right: Paul Walker, Managing Director, Malvern Instruments; Peter Bennett, Project Manager for the move; Simon McCaskie, Operations Director, Malvern Instruments, Terry Oglethorpe, Operations Manager for the Houston facility, and Brian Dutko, President of the Americas Operation).
Malvern Instruments has officially opened a new multipurpose facility in Houston, Texas. At 22,000 sq. ft. the new building is double the size of Malvern’s previous premises in Houston and houses state-of-the-art laboratories, product development, manufacturing and commercial operations. The site will be a Center of Excellence for the company’s separations products, as well as providing applications development and demonstration facilities for all Malvern systems.
Malvern Managing Director Paul Walker and Operations Director Simon McCaskie both joined Brian Dutko, President of the Americas Operation for Malvern Instruments, to declare the new facility open and to welcome the Houston team to their new home.
“I am really proud of what is a truly first-class facility and I can’t wait to welcome more visitors,” said Brian Dutko. “Having the new application laboratories is particularly exciting because not only will we showcase our complete line of chromatography systems, we’ll also feature Malvern’s entire product offering of particle characterization and imaging systems, along with our rheometers. We can now be even more responsive to our expanding customer base in the United States, as well as some of the emerging markets in Latin America.”
Adjacent to the analytical suite is an Industrial Laboratory built to accommodate Malvern’s expanding range of in-process analyzers, as well as the company’s rheometers. “Access to the industrial laboratory set-up will help us to better meet the needs of a thriving polymer industry on the Gulf Coast,” explained Brian Dutko.
- Malvern Instruments
Malvern Instruments Ltd. announced that it has entered into an agreement with GE Healthcare Life Sciences to acquire the company’s MicroCal™ microcalorimetry business. Financial terms were not disclosed. The acquisition, which is subject to regulatory approvals, is expected to complete i ... more
NanoSight Ltd have been acquired by Malvern Instruments Ltd (Malvern, UK). The acquisition was completed on 30th September 2013. NanoSight has developed and commercialized a unique and patented technology, Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA). The company’s instrumentation and software enab ... more
Polyethylene and Polypropylene are so-called Polyolefins. They are produced in large amounts every year. Depending on the process and catalyst used linear or branched polymers can be produced. In case of e. g. Polyethylene there are at least three polymer types: HDPE (High Density Polytheyl ... more
Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) is an established technique in the field of protein crystallography. DLS is used to measure hydrodynamic sizes, polydispersities and aggregation effects of protein samples. These are important parameters for the crystallisation of proteins. DLS is also used in ... more
Fully automated particle size measurement technology integrated with existing plant control platforms for ease of use has the potential to deliver numerous benefits. At plants where a switch to on-line analysis has been made it is frequently easier or possible to: more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- 3Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- 4Goodbye to sunburn thanks to Queen's sunburn indicator
- 5Sharper nanoscopy
- 6Mettler-Toledo's TDL Analyzers Receive Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation & Leadership
- 7Bio-marker set forms the basis for new blood test to detect colorectal cancer
- 8Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 9Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 10Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- Genevac Consolidate Evaporator & Freeze Dryer Operations In Germany
- Roche strengthens oncology translational research pipeline by acquiring CAPP ...
- Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring ...
- INTEGRA Biosciences Opens German Subsidiary