Malvern Instruments has announced an agreement with Proveris Scientific Corporation to provide a complete solution for nasal spray characterization. This solution comprises the SoloTM for Spraytec system (Proveris), a patented automated actuator and software for the control of the actuation ... more
Malvern Instruments opens new multipurpose facility in Houston
Celebrating the opening of Malvern Instruments’ new facility in Houston (from left to right: Paul Walker, Managing Director, Malvern Instruments; Peter Bennett, Project Manager for the move; Simon McCaskie, Operations Director, Malvern Instruments, Terry Oglethorpe, Operations Manager for the Houston facility, and Brian Dutko, President of the Americas Operation).
28-03-2012: Malvern Instruments has officially opened a new multipurpose facility in Houston, Texas. At 22,000 sq. ft. the new building is double the size of Malvern’s previous premises in Houston and houses state-of-the-art laboratories, product development, manufacturing and commercial operations. The site will be a Center of Excellence for the company’s separations products, as well as providing applications development and demonstration facilities for all Malvern systems.
Malvern Managing Director Paul Walker and Operations Director Simon McCaskie both joined Brian Dutko, President of the Americas Operation for Malvern Instruments, to declare the new facility open and to welcome the Houston team to their new home.
“I am really proud of what is a truly first-class facility and I can’t wait to welcome more visitors,” said Brian Dutko. “Having the new application laboratories is particularly exciting because not only will we showcase our complete line of chromatography systems, we’ll also feature Malvern’s entire product offering of particle characterization and imaging systems, along with our rheometers. We can now be even more responsive to our expanding customer base in the United States, as well as some of the emerging markets in Latin America.”
Adjacent to the analytical suite is an Industrial Laboratory built to accommodate Malvern’s expanding range of in-process analyzers, as well as the company’s rheometers. “Access to the industrial laboratory set-up will help us to better meet the needs of a thriving polymer industry on the Gulf Coast,” explained Brian Dutko.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
Malvern Instruments opened a new applications and demonstration laboratory in Brazil located at the São Paulo facility of Malvern’s parent company Spectris. The new laboratory will be equipped with instruments of particle characterization, protein measurement and rheology systems. The estab ... more
In support of expanding global demand, Malvern Instruments is rapidly increasing its provision of multilanguage webcasts. In the latest posting, researchers across the world can now download a two-part foundation presentation covering rheology principles and applications, in eight different ... more
Fully automated particle size measurement technology integrated with existing plant control platforms for ease of use has the potential to deliver numerous benefits. At plants where a switch to on-line analysis has been made it is frequently easier or possible to: more
Many different techniques have been devised for determining particle size distribution, but for a wide range of industries laser diffraction has become the preferred choice. Laser diffraction, alternatively referred to as Low Angle Laser Light Scattering (LALLS), can be used for the non-des ... more
The advent of rapid and reliable measurement technologies, together with the FDA's PAT (Process Analytical Technologies) initiative, has increased the use of particle shape analysis within the pharmaceutical industry. Particle shape, like particle size which is routinely measured and contro ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Life Technologies Corporation
- 4Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- 7Analytik Jena announces forecast for financial year 2012/2013
- 8Abbott Completes Acquisition of Advanced Medical Optics
- 9Troubling levels of toxic metals found in lipstick
- 10Genzyme Launches New Diagnostic Test for Common Blood Cancer
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures
- Analytik Jena to develop products for sepsis diagnostics
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand
- Targeted screening for C. difficile upon hospital admission could potentially identify most colonized patients
- Troubling levels of toxic metals found in lipstick
- X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- Tomosynthesis increases breast cancer detection rate
- Chemical shift MRI helps differentiate renal cell tumors more likely to metastasize