Eurofins Scientific, Inc. announced the signing of an agreement to acquire the Pan Labs pharmacology unit that was formerly operated by Ricerca Biosciences LLC and MDS Pharma. Pan Labs is a provider in early stage discovery services with a portfolio that provides molecular pharmacology, fu ... more
Eurofins Enters Into an Agreement to Acquire QTA and a Supply Agreement with BASF
27-Mar-2012: Eurofins Scientific, Inc. announces the planned acquisition of the Quality Trait Analysis (QTA®) business of BASF Corporation. The acquisition will strengthen Eurofins’ growing presence in the US while adding a unique business possessing the most advanced expertise in on-site quality analysis systems.
The QTA® System is a patented analytical service that enables clients to quickly and easily test the quality of products and materials, reliably and accurately. QTA® handles all the technical development, configuration, management and monitoring behind the scenes, enabling accurate quality testing by non-technical personnel, and allowing its clients more freedom in managing their operations. With high quality data, obtained in rapid times, QTA® helps its clients measurably increase the value of their finished product, improve process yields, reduce waste and rework, and improve profitability. Its leading technology serves global stakeholders in multiple industry segments, including biodiesel, pesticides, seed and grain, chemicals, food ingredients, and dietary supplements.
As an integral component of this deal, Eurofins also will enter into a supplier agreement with BASF Corporation to provide QTA® patented testing and technical support to BASF globally.
Eurofins Scientific, Inc. announces the planned acquisition of the Quality Trait Analysis (QTA®) business of BASF Corporation. The acquisition will strengthen Eurofins’ growing presence in the US while adding a unique business possessing the most advanced expertise in on-site quality analy ... more
BASF announced that its U.S. affiliate, BASF Corporation, has entered into an agreement to commence a cash tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of common stock of the biotechnology company Verenium Corporation (VRNM) for US$4.00 per share. Based on all outstanding shares and inclu ... more
Promega and BASF have jointly developed an alternative method to animal studies that can reliably detect the allergenic potential of substances. Using a newly developed cell line, the reaction of skin cells to allergenic substances can now be demonstrated in the test tube. Allergic skin rea ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Damaged DNA amplified
- 3Merck Obtains US Antitrust Clearance for Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich
- 4Emerson acquires Cascade Technologies Ltd.
- 5Tattoo-like sensor can detect glucose levels without a painful finger prick
- 6Measurable for the first time: How bio molecules react to lack of space
- 7Making the most of a shitty situation
- 8Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 9The Waters ionKey/MS Technology Named a Top Innovation for 2014
- 10Seward appoints Dan Crothers as Managing Director
- Shining a light on quantum dots measurement
- Gold nanoparticles show promise for early detection of heart attacks
- The Waters ionKey/MS Technology Named a Top Innovation for 2014
- Tattoo-like sensor can detect glucose levels without a painful finger prick
- Beckman Coulter Genomics Receives Accreditation from College of American Pathologists