Carl Zeiss Microscopy, LLC announces that it has received ISO 9001:2008 quality management system certification for product marketing, sales, service and support for its high precision optomechanical instruments. The ISO 9001 certification attests to ZEISS’ commitment to implementing best b ... more
World Finance 100 Award for Carl Zeiss Microscopy
The Carl Zeiss Microscopy business group is one of the world's 100 financially most successful companies
20-03-2012: The Carl Zeiss Microscopy business group has received the World Finance 100 Award for its financial performance in 2011, presented by the British financial magazine World Finance. In fiscal year 2010/11 the Microscopy business group generated revenue totaling EUR 423m. This corresponds to an increase of EUR 26m – or seven percent – over the prior year (EUR 397m). During the reporting period Carl Zeiss Microscopy won an additional market share in almost all markets – both with microscopes for biomedical research and with systems for materials microscopy in industry. The business group achieved particularly strong growth in Latin America, Asia and Europe. The fusion of light and electron microscopy into a single business group started in the fiscal year 2010/11 and makes Carl Zeiss Microscopy the only one-stop provider for the whole portfolio of microscopy.
"We are proud of receiving this award and are delighted that our financial success has earned global recognition. A solid financial foundation enables us to also achieve top performance in the fields of science and technology in the future," says Dr. Ulrich Simon, Executive Vice President of the Microscopy business group.
The British financial magazine World Finance presents this award to the world's 100 financially most successful organizations and individuals every year. Not only financial criteria, but also innovativeness, sustainability and corporate image all play an important role in the jury's decision.
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG announces it has acquired, through its subsidiary Carl Zeiss Meditec Inc., 100% of the shares in Aaren Scientific Inc., a US-based manufacturer of intraocular lenses (IOLs). Aaren Scientific, headquartered in Ontario, California, has been manufacturing IOLs for more th ... more
ZEISS has brought fiscal year 2012/13 to a successful conclusion with an all-time high in revenue. The company put in a good performance in some sectors despite a partly difficult economic environment and generated revenue totaling EUR 4.190 billion (prior year: EUR 4.163 billion) and earni ... more
- 1Nano-sized chip "sniffs out" explosives far better than trained dogs
- 2Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- 5Analytik Jena Closed Third Quarter Below Expectations
- 6Synthesis of structurally pure carbon nanotubes using molecular seeds
- 7Mettler Toledo installs Tunable Diode Lasers (TDLs) where no TDLs have gone before
- 8Bochem Increasingly Using New Media
- 9DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation systems
- 10SGS appoints new Chief Financial Officer
- Messe München International takes over one of India's leading trade fairs fo ...
- A new ISO 9001:2008 for Altmann Analytik by TÜV Süd
- DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation sy ...
- Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- Bochem Increasingly Using New Media