Effective 1 July 2015, the currently four-member Executive Board of Carl Zeiss AG headed by President and CEO Dr. Michael Kaschke will be expanded to include a new member responsible for the Vision Care and Consumer Optics business groups. After the expansion of the Executive Board in Decem ... more
World Finance 100 Award for Carl Zeiss MicroscopyThe Carl Zeiss Microscopy business group is one of the world's 100 financially most successful companies
The Carl Zeiss Microscopy business group has received the World Finance 100 Award for its financial performance in 2011, presented by the British financial magazine World Finance. In fiscal year 2010/11 the Microscopy business group generated revenue totaling EUR 423m. This corresponds to an increase of EUR 26m – or seven percent – over the prior year (EUR 397m). During the reporting period Carl Zeiss Microscopy won an additional market share in almost all markets – both with microscopes for biomedical research and with systems for materials microscopy in industry. The business group achieved particularly strong growth in Latin America, Asia and Europe. The fusion of light and electron microscopy into a single business group started in the fiscal year 2010/11 and makes Carl Zeiss Microscopy the only one-stop provider for the whole portfolio of microscopy.
"We are proud of receiving this award and are delighted that our financial success has earned global recognition. A solid financial foundation enables us to also achieve top performance in the fields of science and technology in the future," says Dr. Ulrich Simon, Executive Vice President of the Microscopy business group.
The British financial magazine World Finance presents this award to the world's 100 financially most successful organizations and individuals every year. Not only financial criteria, but also innovativeness, sustainability and corporate image all play an important role in the jury's decision.
Carl Zeiss Microscopy, LLC announces that it has received ISO 9001:2008 quality management system certification for product marketing, sales, service and support for its high precision optomechanical instruments. The ISO 9001 certification attests to ZEISS’ commitment to implementing best b ... more
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG announces it has acquired, through its subsidiary Carl Zeiss Meditec Inc., 100% of the shares in Aaren Scientific Inc., a US-based manufacturer of intraocular lenses (IOLs). Aaren Scientific, headquartered in Ontario, California, has been manufacturing IOLs for more th ... more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 5Danaher To Acquire Pall Corporation
- 6'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 7Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 8Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 9Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 10Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- CHEMIE.DE’s 15th anniversary: from a university project to a specialist for ...
- BioTek Expands in the United Kingdom
- Eurofins acquires Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.