Analytik Jena AG has appointed Dr. Marco Tilgner as the new managing director of the Japanese subsidiary AJ Japan as of January 1, 2014. Mr. Tilgner, who will report in his future role to Analytik Jena Chief Executive Officer Klaus Berka, already took over responsibility for finance and adm ... more
Analytik Jena: X-ray Fluorescence Equipment Business Successfully Launched in Japan
15-03-2012: Analytik Jena has seen a successful start to its new X-ray fluorescence equipment business in Japan, with order volumes totaling more than EUR 1.6 million and initial sales in excess of EUR 1.2 million. At the start of the new financial year in October 2011, the manufacturer of analytical instrumentation, life science instruments and optoelectronics announced its intention to launch its expanded portfolio ini-tially only on the Japanese market. On the sales and distribution side, Analytik Jena has entered into partnership with the Japanese company Techno-X.
"We are delighted to have achieved such success with our X-ray fluorescence equipment in Japan. Against the background of the nuclear disaster which unfolded a year ago, the measurement of radioactive cesium concentrations in particular represents a national challenge — and with our products we can offer the perfect solution," says Klaus Berka, CEO of Analytik Jena AG. "In the current business year, we have forecast significant sales growth for our subsidiary in Japan thanks to this new business."
X-ray fluorescence analysis is used to determine elementary compositions, for example cadmium or cesium, in liquid and solid samples. Unlike conventional methods, the process is non-destructive for the samples both before and during analysis.
In the year 1846 Carl Zeiss founded the Optical Workshop in Jena which was the beginning of the industrial production of analytical instruments worldwide. In 1963 Carl Zeiss Jena introduced the spectrophotometer SPECORD® that succeeded the Pulfrich photometer first presented in 1924. Even i ... more
AJ Roboscreen recently obtained the approval for two new assays for screening of swine sera for PRRSV (porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus) antibodies and for evaluation. The new ELISA-based tests differentiate into PRRSV Type I (Europe-Type) and Type II (North America-Type) ... more
mercur is a compact system specially optimized for the complete, cost-efficient determination of mercury traces down to the ng level more
The contrAA® series of Analytik Jena exceeds the performance of conventional AA spectrometers in all parameters more
The multi EA® 5000 from Analytik Jena sets high standards in the multi-element analysis of C, N, S, Cl as well as TOC and AOX/TOX. Its double furnace more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Almost as sensitive as a dog's nose
- 3Three-dimensional model of bacterium
- 4Raman keeps lipstick evidence in the bag
- 5Do you want to know how much caffeine is in your drink?
- 6Breakthrough in DNA editing technology
- 73D IR images now in full color
- 8PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 9‘Forensic fingers’ for crime scene investigation
- 10Raman pixel by pixel
- Evonik and LanzaTech working on bio-processed precursors for specialty plastics
- Roche and Molecular Partners enter into alliance
- Merck’s new spin-off to focus on infertility treatment
- CHEMIE.DE gives technological support for the launch of a food and beverages ...
- Anton Paar GmbH acquires CSM Instruments