Analytik Jena has acquired all of the assets of the insolvent company SIRS-Lab GmbH as part of an asset deal. SIRS-Lab, a company that develops molecular diagnostics methods and testing systems for life-threatening infections like sepsis, had filed for insolvency in December 2012. Analytik ... more
Analytik Jena: X-ray Fluorescence Equipment Business Successfully Launched in Japan
15-03-2012: Analytik Jena has seen a successful start to its new X-ray fluorescence equipment business in Japan, with order volumes totaling more than EUR 1.6 million and initial sales in excess of EUR 1.2 million. At the start of the new financial year in October 2011, the manufacturer of analytical instrumentation, life science instruments and optoelectronics announced its intention to launch its expanded portfolio ini-tially only on the Japanese market. On the sales and distribution side, Analytik Jena has entered into partnership with the Japanese company Techno-X.
"We are delighted to have achieved such success with our X-ray fluorescence equipment in Japan. Against the background of the nuclear disaster which unfolded a year ago, the measurement of radioactive cesium concentrations in particular represents a national challenge — and with our products we can offer the perfect solution," says Klaus Berka, CEO of Analytik Jena AG. "In the current business year, we have forecast significant sales growth for our subsidiary in Japan thanks to this new business."
X-ray fluorescence analysis is used to determine elementary compositions, for example cadmium or cesium, in liquid and solid samples. Unlike conventional methods, the process is non-destructive for the samples both before and during analysis.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
Analytik Jena AG has established a new subsidiary, Analytik Jena Far East (Thailand) Ltd., giving it a presence in the Southeast Asian market. Analytik Jena AG is using this new company to bolster its activities in the Southeast Asian market, increase its regional service for the sales part ... more
Analytik Jena AG (AJA) expects sales for the current financial year 2012/2013 to exceed EUR 100.0 m for the first time in the Company's history. This was announced today by the manufacturer of analytical instrumentation, life science instruments and optoelectronics in the run-up to its Annu ... more
By extravagant design, flexibility, reliability and high speed FlexCycler² sets new standards for thermal cyclers. more
mercur is a compact system specially optimized for the complete, cost-efficient determination of mercury traces down to the ng level more
The multi EA® 5000 from Analytik Jena sets high standards in the multi-element analysis of C, N, S, Cl as well as TOC and AOX/TOX. Its double furnace more
- 1Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Life Technologies Corporation
- 2analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- 7Abbott Completes Acquisition of Advanced Medical Optics
- 8Analytik Jena announces forecast for financial year 2012/2013
- 9Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Dr. Alexander Makarov Receives Inaugural HUPO Science and Technology Award
- 10Genzyme Launches New Diagnostic Test for Common Blood Cancer
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures
- Analytik Jena to develop products for sepsis diagnostics
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand
- A new future for an old crop: barley enters the genomics age
- The guide to biomolecular movie-making
- Tokyo Institute of Technology research: Towards medical treatments using cell level control
- Search for Element 113 Concluded at Last
- Netzsch Acquires Bruker’s Thermal Analysis Instruments Business in Japan