The Tecan Group announced that Martin Brusdeilins will take over as Head of the Development & Operations Division with immediate effect. Jürg Dübendorfer, who has led the Division since January 2011, is to leave the company and the Group Management Board at his own request by no later than ... more
Tecan Award 2011 winner announced
27-Feb-2012: Tecan announced the results of the Tecan Award 2011. The award has been won by Svenja Kristina Holle from the University Hospital of Muenster (UHM), Germany. Using an Infinite® 200 microplate reader, Svenja and the UHM team have developed an ex vivo method for investigating the dynamics of organic cation transport in proximal tubules of the kidney. This optical method could be adapted to almost any kind of freshly isolated biological material and transport system using a suitable fluorescent substrate.
Thesecond place in the 2011 competition went to Michael Bunge from the Institute of Applied Microbiology at Giessen University, Germany, who is using an Infinite M200 to monitor the effects of a metallic nanoparticle-based approach to eliminating the growth of potential pathogenic microorganisms in drinking water. Third place went to María Isabel Pividori from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), Spain, for developing a novel method for the quantification of gliadin in gluten-free foods using a Sunrise™ reader.
Tecan and Attana AB have announced an extended distribution agreement under which Tecan will distribute Attana's label-free biosensor instruments and quartz crystal microbalance (QCM) assay technology in Europe. This collaboration covers the Attana 100, Attana 200 and Cell 200 instruments, ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Damaged DNA amplified
- 3Merck Obtains US Antitrust Clearance for Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich
- 4Emerson acquires Cascade Technologies Ltd.
- 5Tattoo-like sensor can detect glucose levels without a painful finger prick
- 6Measurable for the first time: How bio molecules react to lack of space
- 7Making the most of a shitty situation
- 8Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 9The Waters ionKey/MS Technology Named a Top Innovation for 2014
- 10Seward appoints Dan Crothers as Managing Director