The Tecan Group announced that Martin Brusdeilins will take over as Head of the Development & Operations Division with immediate effect. Jürg Dübendorfer, who has led the Division since January 2011, is to leave the company and the Group Management Board at his own request by no later than ... more
Tecan Award 2011 winner announced
Tecan announced the results of the Tecan Award 2011. The award has been won by Svenja Kristina Holle from the University Hospital of Muenster (UHM), Germany. Using an Infinite® 200 microplate reader, Svenja and the UHM team have developed an ex vivo method for investigating the dynamics of organic cation transport in proximal tubules of the kidney. This optical method could be adapted to almost any kind of freshly isolated biological material and transport system using a suitable fluorescent substrate.
Thesecond place in the 2011 competition went to Michael Bunge from the Institute of Applied Microbiology at Giessen University, Germany, who is using an Infinite M200 to monitor the effects of a metallic nanoparticle-based approach to eliminating the growth of potential pathogenic microorganisms in drinking water. Third place went to María Isabel Pividori from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), Spain, for developing a novel method for the quantification of gliadin in gluten-free foods using a Sunrise™ reader.
- Tecan Award
- microplate readers
Tecan and Attana AB have announced an extended distribution agreement under which Tecan will distribute Attana's label-free biosensor instruments and quartz crystal microbalance (QCM) assay technology in Europe. This collaboration covers the Attana 100, Attana 200 and Cell 200 instruments, ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2CT scan of Earth links deep mantle plumes with volcanic hotspots
- 3Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- 4Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- 5A quarter of a century: Analytik Jena celebrates
- 6Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 7MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 8Image-tracking technology helps scientists study nature v. nurture in neural stem cells
- 9Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 10Team harnesses intense X-ray beam, observes unusual phenomenon for the first time
- Rosetta’s mass spectrometer ROSINA detected argon at comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko
- A graphene-based sensor that is tunable and highly sensitive
- High-performance microscope displays pores in the cell nucleus with greater precision
- New composite material as CO2 sensor
- How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes