The Tecan Group announced that Dr. Klaus Lun, Head of Corporate Development and a member of the Management Board of the Tecan Group since June 2013, has been appointed Head of the Life Sciences Business division. On December 14, 2016, Tecan announced that Dr. Stefan Traeger, Head of the Lif ... more
Tecan Award 2011 winner announced
Tecan announced the results of the Tecan Award 2011. The award has been won by Svenja Kristina Holle from the University Hospital of Muenster (UHM), Germany. Using an Infinite® 200 microplate reader, Svenja and the UHM team have developed an ex vivo method for investigating the dynamics of organic cation transport in proximal tubules of the kidney. This optical method could be adapted to almost any kind of freshly isolated biological material and transport system using a suitable fluorescent substrate.
Thesecond place in the 2011 competition went to Michael Bunge from the Institute of Applied Microbiology at Giessen University, Germany, who is using an Infinite M200 to monitor the effects of a metallic nanoparticle-based approach to eliminating the growth of potential pathogenic microorganisms in drinking water. Third place went to María Isabel Pividori from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), Spain, for developing a novel method for the quantification of gliadin in gluten-free foods using a Sunrise™ reader.
- Tecan Award
- microplate readers
The Tecan Group announced the acquisition of US-based SPEware Corporation (SPEware) to further expand Tecan's dedicated solutions offering into a new market segment. SPEware is a leading provider for mass spectrometry sample preparation solutions, with a focus on the North American market. ... more
The Tecan Group announced that Martin Brusdeilins will take over as Head of the Development & Operations Division with immediate effect. Jürg Dübendorfer, who has led the Division since January 2011, is to leave the company and the Group Management Board at his own request by no later than ... more
- 1Bacterial protein structure could aid development of new antibiotics
- 2China develops world's brightest VUV free electron laser research facility
- 3Merck opens production facility exclusively for meglumine in Spain
- 4'5-D protein fingerprinting' could give insights into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- 5Crybaby: The vitamins in your tears
- 6The computer as microscope
- 7'Mysterious' non-protein-coding RNAs play important roles in gene expression
- 8Nanoscale view of energy storage
- 9World's first total-body PET scanner takes a big step forward
- Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava receives Agilent Thought Leader Award
- Australian and German Researchers awarded Young Scientist 2016 for Dispersio ...
- Yoshinori Ohsumi receives Nobel prize for the discovery of autophagy
- Fatal tombstones, goat men and "mirror scratching"
- Merck announces 2016 recipients of € 1 Million grant for Multiple Sclerosis ...