Spectris plc announces that effective 1 January 2017, Malvern Instruments and PANalytical will be merging their activities. Both Malvern and PANalytical are operating companies within the Materials Analysis segment of Spectris. The companies are both world leading suppliers of analytical in ... more
Malvern Instruments and Postnova Analytics co-operate to deliver combined solution for characterizing challenging particulate systems
Malvern Instruments and Postnova Analytics have announced that they are co-operating to deliver the combined FFF (Field-Flow Fractionation) and DLS (Dynamic Light Scattering) solutions that today provide critical insight when characterizing a number of challenging particulate systems. Such systems include complex, aggregated, surface-coated and heterogeneous particles, as well as larger polymers, and aggregated, cross-linked, nano-particles and fibrillated proteins.
Used together Malvern’s Zetasizer Nano and Postnova’s FFF systems provide information not accessible by other means, and are highly complementary to Malvern’s Viscotek gel permeation chromatography/size exclusion chromatography (GPC/SEC) range.
Paul Clarke, Product Group Manager at Malvern Instruments, said: “I am very pleased that this exclusive co-operation with Postnova means that customers of both our companies will be able to access these powerful analytical techniques, secure in the knowledge that they are backed by the excellent technical and applications support provided by both Postnova and Malvern.
Malvern announced PENSABIO Biotechnology as a new partner acting as an Exclusive Representative in Brazil to product lines MicroCal, NanoSight, Archimedes, Zetasizer Helix and Viscosizer TD. Therefore, from 2016, the Pensabio now assumes the sale process (Pre and Post), Services, Technical ... more
A collaboration between Malvern Instruments and Bio-Radhas delivered new analytical tools for the rapid identification of unknown particles. New software to support Malvern’s Morphologi G3-ID, which analyzes particle size, shape and chemical composition, enables the direct comparison of mea ... more
Polyethylene and Polypropylene are so-called Polyolefins. They are produced in large amounts every year. Depending on the process and catalyst used linear or branched polymers can be produced. In case of e. g. Polyethylene there are at least three po more
Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) is an established technique in the field of protein crystallography. DLS is used to measure hydrodynamic sizes, polydispersities and aggregation effects of protein samples. These are important parameters for the crystal more
This presentation explores particles and particle size, how particle sizing techniques deal with a particle, and how the measurement of particle size and particle size distributions can be achieved. moreWebinarOn-Demand
A summary of the new capabilities of the Zetasizer Nano systems and how to measure molecular weight with a single angle light scattering system moreWebinarOn-Demand
The Zetasizer Nano uses the ISO recommended Cumulants approach to measure the mean sample size and polydispersity index from dynamic light scattering measurements to ensure compliance with international standards more
A wide range of industrially synthesized nanomaterials are present in products we use daily and, in the meantime, are part of our everyday life. Due to their exceptional properties (e. g., increased UV-filtration or stronger adhesion) they are used in clothes, cosmetics, household goods and ... more
DKSH Business Unit Technology is a full service provider for high quality scientific equipment for research institutions, universities and commercial testing laboratories across South East Asia. With emphasis on application support, training, knowledge transfer and equipment servicing, DKSH ... more
The CF2000 Series for high-resolution separation and fractionation of nanoparticles, from Postnova Analytics, has won the GIT Innovations Award 2012 in the category ‘Analytical Instrumentation and Software’. The Postnova team are the inventors of the Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF) technique ... more
The new Postnova AF2000-MT-MALS Mid Temperature Flow FFF is the world's first available temperature controlled FFF-MALS-System and perfectly suitable for separation, characterization and fractionation of proteins, bio-/polymers and nanoparticles more
High molecular weight polymers, bio molecules or particles in a range of a few nanometers up to several microns are more and more important in science and technology. Many applications are based on the specific properties of these materials. For this more
- 1Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 2State-of-the-art text mining technologies for chemistry
- 3Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 4Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- 5Eurofins expands its footprint in the Balkan region
- 6Eurofins acquires clinical diagnostics company in Italy
- 7More durable, versatile wearable for diabetes monitoring
- 8New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- 9Waters Corporation elects Flemming Ornskov to Board of Directors
- 10New femto-camera with quadrillion fractions of a second resolution
- MRC Technology and Biocartis initiate development of liquid biopsy test for ...
- DKSH extends partnership with LAUDA to Singapore and Taiwan
- Prestigious grant for imaging single molecules
- QIAGEN joins CANCER-ID consortium for liquid biopsy workflows
- University of Illinois announces new partnership with ZEISS labs@location pr ...
- Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- To be or not to be an academic: the question for all postdocs
- Epigenetic changes at birth could explain later behavior problems
- Nanotechnology reveals hidden depths of bacterial 'machines'