Malvern Instruments Ltd has announced that it has completed the acquisition of MicroCal from GE Healthcare Life Sciences and has also purchased the Archimedes particle characterization system from Affinity Biosensors LLC (Santa Barbara, CA). Both of these developments extend Malvern’s portf ... more
Malvern Instruments and Postnova Analytics co-operate to deliver combined solution for characterizing challenging particulate systems
Malvern Instruments and Postnova Analytics have announced that they are co-operating to deliver the combined FFF (Field-Flow Fractionation) and DLS (Dynamic Light Scattering) solutions that today provide critical insight when characterizing a number of challenging particulate systems. Such systems include complex, aggregated, surface-coated and heterogeneous particles, as well as larger polymers, and aggregated, cross-linked, nano-particles and fibrillated proteins.
Used together Malvern’s Zetasizer Nano and Postnova’s FFF systems provide information not accessible by other means, and are highly complementary to Malvern’s Viscotek gel permeation chromatography/size exclusion chromatography (GPC/SEC) range.
Paul Clarke, Product Group Manager at Malvern Instruments, said: “I am very pleased that this exclusive co-operation with Postnova means that customers of both our companies will be able to access these powerful analytical techniques, secure in the knowledge that they are backed by the excellent technical and applications support provided by both Postnova and Malvern.
Malvern Instruments Ltd. announced that it has entered into an agreement with GE Healthcare Life Sciences to acquire the company’s MicroCal™ microcalorimetry business. Financial terms were not disclosed. The acquisition, which is subject to regulatory approvals, is expected to complete i ... more
NanoSight Ltd have been acquired by Malvern Instruments Ltd (Malvern, UK). The acquisition was completed on 30th September 2013. NanoSight has developed and commercialized a unique and patented technology, Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA). The company’s instrumentation and software enab ... more
Polyethylene and Polypropylene are so-called Polyolefins. They are produced in large amounts every year. Depending on the process and catalyst used linear or branched polymers can be produced. In case of e. g. Polyethylene there are at least three po more
Many different techniques have been devised for determining particle size distribution, but for a wide range of industries laser diffraction has more
Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) is an established technique in the field of protein crystallography. DLS is used to measure hydrodynamic sizes, polydispersities and aggregation effects of protein samples. These are important parameters for the crystal more
DKSH Business Unit Technology is a full service provider for high quality scientific equipment for research institutions, universities and commercial testing laboratories across South East Asia. With emphasis on application support, training, knowledge transfer and equipment servicing, DKSH ... more
The CF2000 Series for high-resolution separation and fractionation of nanoparticles, from Postnova Analytics, has won the GIT Innovations Award 2012 in the category ‘Analytical Instrumentation and Software’. The Postnova team are the inventors of the Field-Flow Fractionation (FFF) technique ... more
The new Postnova AF2000-MT-MALS Mid Temperature Flow FFF is the world's first available temperature controlled FFF-MALS-System and perfectly suitable for separation, characterization and fractionation of proteins, bio-/polymers and nanoparticles more
High molecular weight polymers, bio molecules or particles in a range of a few nanometers up to several microns are more and more important in science and technology. Many applications are based on the specific properties of these materials. For this reason, an exact knowledge of the molar ... more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 4Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 5Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 6Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 7'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 8Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 9Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- 10Abbott enters into agreement with Inpeco to expand laboratory automation capabilites
- Biocartis and Fast-track diagnostics sign strategic collaboration in infecti ...
- QIAGEN partners with sequencing provider
- Agilent Technologies and Scion Instruments Agree to Enable Each Other’s Inst ...
- Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood ...
- Sartorius extends portfolio with innovative sensors for flow rate measurement